+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 195 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I like Adam's performances whether toned down or over the top. He brings freshness to this competition and I can't wait to see what he will do each week. I loved his "Ring of Fire" and thought it was one of the most unique performances on American Idol ever! Last night, he was awesome. He doesn't just sing the song, he produces a performance each week through his arrangements, lighting, and staging. That is one thing that really sets him apart from the others, who often just get up there on stage and sing as if they were performing karaoke in a bar. Maybe that is where his stage experience has been helping him.
    He is a bright star and has a big future ahead of him!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3407464;
    It IS almost as if Adam has been reading the FORT, at least my comments. I asked him to stop screaming, he did. I asked him to give some emotional context to his brilliant voice and range, he did. TopCat asked him to show some vulnerability, he did.

Adam deserved Simon's ovation last night because he used his great vocal chops to make the song contemporary and emotionally complex. From this great song choice and performance, I got the sense, finally, of who Adam is as a performer. For me, it ranks as one of AI's all-time best performances.
    --
    I agree with your statement, "it ranks as one of AI's all-time best performances". Adam's voice is awesome!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404448;
    That's funny - Is there an app for that??? But while I don't think anyone cares, to answer your first question I'm sure there are some females who find him sexy. He has a certain appeal, and he can sing - so that'll do it for lots of girls!
    AMEN TO THAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3407479;
    I saw an episode of Idol Wrap in which Kim Caldwell said that Adam goes against the recommendation of not Googling himself so he can find out what the public does want. Decent chance he does or at least has checked to see what people are writing in here. He probably doesn’t have enough time to read all these posts though!
    Thanks for reporting on that Idol Wrap episode, Buckeye. Here's my take on Googling by the contestants: If you are already a skilled singer such as Adam or Danny, it might be helpful to see how aspects of your style could be improved in the minds of viewers. But for contestants who do not have strong vocal skills, like Scott, I think viewers' critiques of your poor pitch, leaden phrasing and poor vocal power could be detrimental to your confidence. Why read about things you can't change?
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I want to make one other Adam note: I loved the bio with his parents last night because everybody seemed to acknowledge (with pride) Adam's non-sports-oriented, costume-loving, stage-obsessed, girlie-kid history. As far as I'm concerned, Adam is "out" on this show and it is a huge relief that he does not have to go through any pretense about being straight, like Clay did six years ago.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Like many other people, my DVR cut off before the show was over (thanks to Paula & Kara's long-winded meandering comments, ugh). I was able to see Adam's performance online (thanks to TopCat for providing a link). I really started out hating this guy, but he has really grown on me a lot. As long as he stays away from humping the camera with his eyes, I could dig him. Him & Allison are my tops right now.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think from Day 1 it was pretty obvious that Adam was outing himself for that segment of the audience that does care about those things. It is all a part of Adam, the performer. Personally, I could care less about a performer's backstory, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    Adam is, quite simply, 1 of the best performers/singers to ever appear on AI. And, I hope he is judged for that, and that, only.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3407576;
    I think from Day 1 it was pretty obvious that Adam was outing himself for that segment of the audience that does care about those things. It is all a part of Adam, the performer....
    I don't think Adam "outed" himself to appeal to any segment of the audience. I think he just decided to be himself, period, and not try to hide anything about who he is. And that's really refreshing.
    --

I started out not liking him much but as the weeks roll by I find myself appreciating his artistry (yes I like that word too) and his incredible vocal control. I only watch to see what he will do next! I have become an Adam-ite!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3407575;
    Like many other people, my DVR cut off before the show was over (thanks to Paula & Kara's long-winded meandering comments, ugh). I was able to see Adam's performance online (thanks to TopCat for providing a link). I really started out hating this guy, but he has really grown on me a lot. As long as he stays away from humping the camera with his eyes, I could dig him. Him & Allison are my tops right now.
    Ever since the season 6 finale when we saw Ryan say "And the winner of American Idol" and then our DVR stopped recording because it was past the 7 extra minutes we put on our recording, we've set up our AI recordings to keep going 15 minutes longer than they're supposed to. Haven't been disappointed since!

+ Reply to Thread