+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 195 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I googled Adam weeks ago. I'm in agreement that if they were going to boot him they would have done so by now. I thought it was funny during the parent's interview last night his dad said he never liked sports, then Adam said it was no soccer for him only costumes.

I really liked his performance last night. The chair and lighting was perfect for the song.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3404749;
    Yeah, for the iPod Touch.
    Orientation Seeker 2.0

Oh Kyle, I have to say that was some great techie humor! I was

Again he was really really good when he just forgot all the "broaway stuff" and screaming, and just sang the song. He sang it well and it was perfect song for him. I like this side of Adam much better.

Last night was Adam's best performance, in my opinion. If he keeps this kind of performance up, he will easily slide to the very top of this competition.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3407232;
    Last night was Adam's best performance, in my opinion.
    Yes, I agree. I loved Tracks of my tears but I think this was even better. The problem I have with him is that I haven't really loved the rest of his performances. I really hated the Ring of fire and I didn't really care about Black or white or Play that funky music either. I just don't like when he goes over the top and starts to scream and "overperform", I like this more sincere and subtle side of him much better.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3407247;
    Yes, I agree. I loved Tracks of my tears but I think this was even better. The problem I have with him is that I haven't really loved the rest of his performances. I really hated the Ring of fire and I didn't really care about Black or white or Play that funky music either. I just don't like when he goes over the top and starts to scream and "overperform", I like this more sincere and subtle side of him much better.
    That makes two of us!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

He strikes me as savvy enough to come to boards like this and read and listen to comments. Since the start of the show, he has lessened his rock look and has modulated his singing style...to appeal to a larger audience

It IS almost as if Adam has been reading the FORT, at least my comments. I asked him to stop screaming, he did. I asked him to give some emotional context to his brilliant voice and range, he did. TopCat asked him to show some vulnerability, he did.

Adam deserved Simon's ovation last night because he used his great vocal chops to make the song contemporary and emotionally complex. From this great song choice and performance, I got the sense, finally, of who Adam is as a performer. For me, it ranks as one of AI's all-time best performances.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I saw an episode of Idol Wrap in which Kim Caldwell said that Adam goes against the recommendation of not Googling himself so he can find out what the public does want. Decent chance he does or at least has checked to see what people are writing in here. He probably doesn’t have enough time to read all these posts though!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3407479;
    I saw an episode of Idol Wrap in which Kim Caldwell said that Adam goes against the recommendation of not Googling himself so he can find out what the public does want. Decent chance he does or at least has checked to see what people are writing in here. He probably doesn’t have enough time to read all these posts though!
    I had not heard that directly...but suspected that he was doing that. Good for him for being so smart

+ Reply to Thread