+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 195 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Was Brigadoon ever on Broadway? I can't stop listening to "Come to me, Bend to me". He hits that one out of the park!
    Count your blessings!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3391484;
    Was Brigadoon ever on Broadway? I can't stop listening to "Come to me, Bend to me". He hits that one out of the park!
    Yep! I can't stop listening either. In a word, phenomenal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3391484;
    Was Brigadoon ever on Broadway?
    It was a moderate hit on Broadway in the late 40's. Most people probably know it today from the 1954 movie version with Gene Kelly. The other hit song from the show was "It's Almost Like Being in Love".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3391149;
    I was a bit on the fence about Adam, but his RoF was like nails down a chalkboard for me. It was awful. When he originally sang, I was trying to be a bit open-minded but then when they did the recap, I couldn't WAIT for his segment to end. He is certainly different, and I'm sure for some that is refreshing, but I am with those who would like to hear him just sing a song and not be so over the top because I do think he has good vocals. I believe his bizarre style will alienate more fans than it gains, and as Broadway said, I just don't think he's suited to this show. FWIW, Elton John is my all-time favorite singer but it wasn't because of his ten-inch heels or diamond-studded glasses - it was, and is, because of his amazing vocals.
    I am with you 100%. I have always been on the fence with Adam because I do acknowledge that his vocals are amazing. But, I find his performance and his choices thus far to be more alienating than anything else. I hated the version of ROF that he performed. I wasn't crazy about his first two performances (Satisfaction or the MJ song) either, but I can't deny his range and control. I am really hoping that he reels it all in this week and just shows us that he is capable of singing without all of the theatrics, but I doubt he will.

BTW... love Elton John too. One of the best concerts I have ever been to!!!

I was definitely tentative of my Adam support before. He was way too "one night only" for my taste. He won me over with his Motown performance though! Go Adam!

Love Adam again this week. Best of the night.

FORT Fogey

I like him and see him as the most talented and certainly unique person AI has ever seen. He is one of those you either like him or you don't contestants who probably cannot win but he will get noticed and his career will soar, more than taking the top prize as we have already seen with some others.

I've been on the fence too about Adam. Loved his performance last night.So glad that he wiped the gunk off his face. Does anyone else think he kind of looked like a younger version of George Hamilton?

Very well done last night. The guy certainly has some major chops.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3393629;
    Very well done last night. The guy certainly has some major chops.
    Haven't been a huge Adam fan, but last night his Motown was "spot on"..was great to see him take on a different personality as well..and his talent truly is hands down the best of the bunch ..unique ...talented...bright future ahead
    not sure he will win (although we know that may be good thing!)....but he is a real talent!

+ Reply to Thread