+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 195 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Should be required listening.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Correct me if I am wrong.. sorry all seasons are running together this morning.. didnt they have a Broadway week in the past?
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I was a bit on the fence about Adam, but his RoF was like nails down a chalkboard for me. It was awful. When he originally sang, I was trying to be a bit open-minded but then when they did the recap, I couldn't WAIT for his segment to end. He is certainly different, and I'm sure for some that is refreshing, but I am with those who would like to hear him just sing a song and not be so over the top because I do think he has good vocals. I believe his bizarre style will alienate more fans than it gains, and as Broadway said, I just don't think he's suited to this show. FWIW, Elton John is my all-time favorite singer but it wasn't because of his ten-inch heels or diamond-studded glasses - it was, and is, because of his amazing vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3391147;
    Correct me if I am wrong.. sorry all seasons are running together this morning.. didnt they have a Broadway week in the past?
    Yes- how can you forget Bo Bice and Pippin? They also had ALW week last year. I vote for Adam and "Day by Day" from Godspell, if they do Broadway again.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3391223;
    Yes- how can you forget Bo Bice and Pippin? They also had ALW week last year. I vote for Adam and "Day by Day" from Godspell, if they do Broadway again.
    Day by Day????? That has a range of about five notes! I'm missing the value you see in that song for Adam. Gethsemane from JC Superstar would be right up his alley (and I bet he's already sung it many times). Seriously, he needs the Broadway equivalent of an aria.

Day By Day would be good because then we would be able to see if he can sing a relatively simple song with a lot of emotion without all the screaming, and over the top embellishments. If he would sing any song like that would be refreshing.
    The only problem is that Gokey would probably lay claim to that song first. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3391351;
    Day by Day????? That has a range of about five notes!
    And fewer than 20 words.

If they have a Broadway week, the rest of the field might as well pack it up for the night. He'll win hands down.

One Song Glory from Rent !!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3391351;
    Day by Day????? That has a range of about five notes! I'm missing the value you see in that song for Adam. Gethsemane from JC Superstar would be right up his alley (and I bet he's already sung it many times). Seriously, he needs the Broadway equivalent of an aria.
    Like others have said, he needs to show something pure and simple. There is less chance to be over the top with it.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3391464;
    Like others have said, he needs to show something pure and simple. There is less chance to be over the top with it.
    I can agree with the pure and simple, but "Day By Day" doesn't even allow for any kind of performance unless you have a freakin' choir behind you.

+ Reply to Thread