+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 195 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I hear you, stacerace. I like him but can see how others wouldn't. I was just making a comment on another reality tv thread that sounded just like your comment about Adam. I said I didn't like how this pro dancer was talking down to her celebrity partner.....but lots of other people really like her. Go figure. It's a good thing we all have differing opinions and can comment in these forums!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3389039;
    I hear you, stacerace. I like him but can see how others wouldn't. I was just making a comment on another reality tv thread that sounded just like your comment about Adam. I said I didn't like how this pro dancer was talking down to her celebrity partner.....but lots of other people really like her. Go figure. It's a good thing we all have differing opinions and can comment in these forums!
    Just have to tell you I LOVE the avatar. I heard TWIK on the radio today, and it made me miss Cookie. I picked him early on as the winner, and he was amazing to watch.

I really like Adam also. He is a HUGE talent, and I'm rooting for him. Is he your typical AI? NO! But is that a bad thing? NO! Don't know if he'll win, but does he deserve this chance? HELL YES! I wish him the best, because he's the one that's making me excited to watch this season.

I wasn't a huge fan of his ROF. I didn't like Dilana's ROF, either, when she was on Rockstar. I've also heard other versions of ROF and didn't like them much, either. I do think, however, Adam has great presence and amazing vocals. I give him kudos for that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

this guy has good vocals...i just can't warm up to him

he reminds me of von smith with all the dramatics in the performances, i think its too over the top

i'd like to see how he does motown

What has hit me about Adam from "Satisfaction," "Black or White," and "Ring of Fire" is that listening to him is like sitting in a vocal masterclass. He has complete vocal control. I happen to enjoy his style (as opposed to, say, Carrie Underwood's... I was anticipating Opry Week with a joy that was probably only matched by Simon Cowell's).

For those who say that he should stick to musical theatre... well, theatre is changing a bit these days. The goal is generally not to do touring productions (and certainly not to be an understudy on a tour) but to get headlined on Broadway. Sure, it's great to make a living doing what you love... but if you want to take that next step, you need name recognition *before* you can hit theatre's big time. These days, a Broadway opening show will pick up a B-list movie actor instead of a proven theatrical veteran just because the name recognition will get NYC tourists into the venue. IMO, this is why so many Idol alums have been picked up for shows. AI has become a feeder into Broadway because the kids have proven that they can sing *and* they are now semi-household names.

Point being, if Adam wants to stay in theatre, he's done the smartest thing he can do for his career. That said, I'd go to an Adam Lambert concert any day, and I'd buy his music, too. One other thing to be said about a theatre veteran: he knows what it takes to sing for an extended period of time every day for a tour. This season on AI, you're probably not going to hear "Adam has the flu" or "Adam has a bad cold," because that's often code for "this is an amateur whose voice was seriously stressed during the rigors of rehearsals and performances." As a touring show member, he should be used to a grueling schedule that puts a lot of demand on the voice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LadyWyntre;3389323;
    That said, I'd go to an Adam Lambert concert any day, and I'd buy his music, too.
    Yesterday, I downloaded Adam's studio version of Ring of Fire, I couldn't stop listening to it, it was entrancing. I may be convert afterall.

Alizarules,
    I know. It is just...not...flawed at all! I don't really care if this guy Adam wins or loses, but someone with this much skill REALLY DESERVES SOMETHING GOOD OUT OF THIS! I'm sure he has his weaknesses. And the scaredy-cat in me hopes he will sing something soft and sensitive soon, just to let his vocal chords rest a bit...

But he is simply A++ quality and I hope that people will judge him for his voice and not his theatre past.

These are all comments I heard during the Constantine days, and Lord knows Adam seems to have oodles more precision than Constantine. So what can be the gripe here? Let the talented guy impress you! I guarantee you that actors--especially musical actors--work TONS harder for and deliver TONS more to their audience than pop stars do.

Don't you suppoze that in this male-dominated competition, all the contestants will be vying for a smooth Smokey Robinson song to really croon to the female-dominated voting audience? I kinda think that Adam's love for playing a part might lead him to choose an exciting, time-representative dance rhythm, but I think he needs to sing something more sensitive, more personal if he hopes to win over all the folks who say he's detached and impersonal.

I want Adam to keep bringing the unexpected and be himself. He's what most people are going to be tuning in to see.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3389831;
    I want Adam to keep bringing the unexpected and be himself. He's what most people are going to be tuning in to see.
    i for one disagree. we all know adam is different, unique, dramatic, shocking, etc. the unexpected will be for him to mellow down. and i just want one performance from him that is just simple. just him singing. no extravagance. no major production. no flashy lights systems going on. just him singing. he is one of the most gifted vocalist on the show ever (adam and carrie, then i would say cook next). i wanted him to do it during country but since he didnt motown would be the next best thing for him to just serenade. he is soooo good looking (gay/bi/whocares) he's just nice to look at. especially his eyes. its dreamy.

now thats a sight to behold singing some motown love song staring into the cameras. hell, he just might convert people who's on the fence over to vote for him!

then i dont mind him doing all the crazy production, unusual/weird arrangements.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

+ Reply to Thread