+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 195 FirstFirst ... 90140180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Will that filming schedule take him out of the running for AI judge? Probably...darn it.
    I would rather see him on Glee since I have always watched that show and this way I get to hear him perform. Being an AI judge would be great as well, but I doubt that they would have him or any of the judges perform (maybe one or two performances). On the other hand they seem to be doing a lot of changes because of this past season's ratings and may change the format closer to The Voice where the judges do perform. I often thought he would be great for Glee.

Also, another bit of news is that Adam Lambert will be performing with the iconic rock band Queen and this time it is going to happen in the US.

They will be playing at the iHeart Radio Festival on September 20 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. Tickets go on sale this Saturday.

Did anyone see Adam perform with Queen at the I heart radio music festival in Vegas on New Year's? They were the best act, IMO.

Queen + Adam Lambert: iHeartRadio Music Festival Las Vegas Full Gig [FULL HD 1028p 20.09.2013.] - YouTube
    AmyKay likes this.

Thats great Debb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Adam perform with Queen at the I heart radio music festival in Vegas on New Year's? They were the best act, IMO.

Queen + Adam Lambert: iHeartRadio Music Festival Las Vegas Full Gig [FULL HD 1028p 20.09.2013.] - YouTube
    Adam Lambert IS fabulous!!!! And he should be one of the biggest music stars by now, but for some reason, he's not. He's one of the best musicians EVER!!! Amazing voice, charisma and stage presence! He performed with Queen at one of last year's American Idol finale shows and they were great! I'm really sorry that Adam isn't a gigantic star --- but I guess that gay-sexually charged musical number that he performed at that first VMAs (or whichever) award show, really shocked a lot of people, and I think that damaged his career somewhat. Does anyone else have an opinion about why his career isn't bigger/better?
    Debb70 likes this.

As much as I love AI, I wonder if contestants who go on from there don't have a little bit of doubt cast over them not having moved up through usual channels. I agree that his outrageous performance you referenced put a lot of people off. Too much, too fast.
    Count your blessings!

As good a vocalist as Adam is I think his fans always expect to much & put him on to high a pedestal. The day of release of the theme song from that movie 2012, I was reading how it was a sure fire Oscar Winner & the song was not even nominated. During the tour with Queen his fans were saying how absolutely great he was but all the other critical reviews I read lambasted him & the band for even having him on stage. And as others have said, that first Live Awards show performance from him really set him back & it is a tough wall to climb. And let's not forget the release of his first single was pulled almost immediately in favor of another song. I think Adam has had some bad direction from his management team & he is having to overcome a lot of headwinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Adam Lambert IS fabulous!!!! And he should be one of the biggest music stars by now, but for some reason, he's not. He's one of the best musicians EVER!!! Amazing voice, charisma and stage presence! He performed with Queen at one of last year's American Idol finale shows and they were great! I'm really sorry that Adam isn't a gigantic star --- but I guess that gay-sexually charged musical number that he performed at that first VMAs (or whichever) award show, really shocked a lot of people, and I think that damaged his career somewhat. Does anyone else have an opinion about why his career isn't bigger/better?
    I agree. I"m not sure if it's poor management as others have suggested or what, but he is certainly one of the most talented people in the biz today. Why is he not a huge superstar? I don't think it's because he's gay. I could be wrong, but I think it's something else. I think there is some kind of prejudice today against people who have truly great voices. Performances with weak voices are the rage. I won't quote names, because I don't want to offend anyone. We all have our favorites, but there are artists with HUGE hits that win all kinds of awards, but they don't have nearly the voice or personality of Adam. Ticks me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree. I"m not sure if it's poor management as others have suggested or what, but he is certainly one of the most talented people in the biz today. Why is he not a huge superstar? I don't think it's because he's gay. I could be wrong, but I think it's something else. I think there is some kind of prejudice today against people who have truly great voices. Performances with weak voices are the rage. I won't quote names, because I don't want to offend anyone. We all have our favorites, but there are artists with HUGE hits that win all kinds of awards, but they don't have nearly the voice or personality of Adam. Ticks me off.
    Since I am the only one to have suggested that, I reckon that was directed at me. So let me ask, wasn't it the place of a smart manager to point out the error of doing that sexually suggestive performance on the awards show & shouldn't smart management have put their foot down & said no? Wasn't it the place of a smart record label to not pull a single as quickly as they did & replace it with another right out of the gates? It sure did stem the flow of album sales, which is what singles are supposed to do. And let's not forget that management's other responsibility is to teach these kids how to respond to the media & the public & Adam has seen his share of issues on both points & not handled them too well. Yes, in the long run, all these things are the responsibility of Adam or any other artist, but good management should be able to stem most of this from the git go.

Further your suggestion about a prejudice against great voice is simply goofy. Some of those week voiced individuals you mention aren't necessarily so popular for the artistry, they are the result of an intense marketing campaign that keeps their names & faces front & center. And this is once again GOOD MANAGEMENT doing what they are paid to do!
    Last edited by razorbacker; 01-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Razorbacker, I kind of agree with you. The points you've made about management guiding smart decisions with performances is a very good one. Things like that happen either because management is too weak to put a foot down OR because managers are very direct in giving advice, and the performer is too arrogant to listen. While I think Adam is incredibly talented, in his case, I could see it going either way. When he was on Idol, he came across to me as a guy who was an amazing performer, and knew it. When he got raves from the judges, he didn't seem flattered by it, he seemed to be accepting what he already knew. So it IS possible that managers gave him good advice and he chose not to listen. Or, his managers may have been so taken by his talent that they gave bad advice. One other possibity - Adam put a higher priority on self-expression and being true to himself as an artist over stardom. He may have recognized that a highly suggestive performance was a huge risk and not a good idea, but decided that telling the world that is who he is mattered more to him than millions of dollars and stardom. As an audience, we tend to assume that superstardom is the goal for everyone. For a true artist, that's not necessarily the case.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Since I am the only one to have suggested that, I reckon that was directed at me. So let me ask, wasn't it the place of a smart manager to point out the error of doing that sexually suggestive performance on the awards show & shouldn't smart management have put their foot down & said no? Wasn't it the place of a smart record label to not pull a single as quickly as they did & replace it with another right out of the gates? It sure did stem the flow of album sales, which is what singles are supposed to do. And let's not forget that management's other responsibility is to teach these kids how to respond to the media & the public & Adam has seen his share of issues on both points & not handled them too well. Yes, in the long run, all these things are the responsibility of Adam or any other artist, but good management should be able to stem most of this from the git go.

Further your suggestion about a prejudice against great voice is simply goofy. Some of those week voiced individuals you mention aren't necessarily so popular for the artistry, they are the result of an intense marketing campaign that keeps their names & faces front & center. And this is once again GOOD MANAGEMENT doing what they are paid to do!
    Let me explain my comment. I'm saying that Adam may suffer from poor management. I don't know much about what they have done or haven't done. That's why I said it could be it. I was agreeing, not disagreeing with your comment.

And while Adam may have made some mistakes in his conduct on stage, that kind of thing certainly hasn't hurt Miley or Robin Thicke. I find it difficult to believe that the public is not willing to overlook that, especially after the passage of time.

Maybe marketing is the reason he is not a superstar, but I think it's odd that an artist with a voice as great as his is not already on the top. And of course, my posts are my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread