+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It still burns my britches, though, that after weeks of spectacular performances - apologies ahead of time to Kris fans! - he lost to a clearly inferior WGWG.
    I'm right there with you. Kris is a nice guy and all, and is talented in his fashion, but Adam was/is SPECTACULARLY talented, and there should have been no other winner! Yes, I'm still bitter...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I'm right there with you. Kris is a nice guy and all, and is talented in his fashion, but Adam was/is SPECTACULARLY talented, and there should have been no other winner! Yes, I'm still bitter...
    Kris is an extremely talented musician that plays 17 different instruments, if that is what you mean by in his fashion, then I'm right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Kris is an extremely talented musician that plays 17 different instruments, if that is what you mean by in his fashion, then I'm right there with you.
    I did not mean any disrespect to Kris. I think he is a talented guy. I just meant that he is talented in a different way than Adam.

Adam is the one I preferred.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And yet, no one is buying his albums. It's not just about musical ability. It's about having something special that makes people want to watch you, listen to you and buy your music!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

cha

I play 6 different music instruments. You do not want to hear me sing!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you guys see Adam on Watch What's Happening Live with Andy Cohen last night? Great show. Very funny.
    Debb I did see that show and I never laughed so hard. I have not seen a show where Adam laughed as hard as he did on that one. Adam just headlined at Six Flags in my area last night where there were about 5,000 in attendence. Javier and Jermaine from The Voice were there as well. I could not go myself, but my girlfriend did and she said it was packed with lots of young people along with the regular Glamberts. His management seems to want to get the young people on board and it looks like they have been very successful. She said the majority were between the ages of 13 - 20. Even though I could not go I was able to watch the Live Stream. It was wonderful and I absolutely love his new album Trespassing. I have a new favorite every day. He also performed If I Had You and the crowd was singing along with him. Adam looked so happy and relaxed and for the first time that I have seen he performed in long shorts - it was extremely hot here yesterday and even at 7:00 p.m. was still 85 degrees and humid.

So nice to see that other people loved him as much as I did on S8. I was crushed when he did not win. I am sure Kris is a wonderful guy, but Adam will always be the winner in my heart.
    Jezebella, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Debb I did see that show and I never laughed so hard. I have not seen a show where Adam laughed as hard as he did on that one. Adam just headlined at Six Flags in my area last night where there were about 5,000 in attendance. Javier and Jermaine from The Voice were there as well. I could not go myself, but my girlfriend did and she said it was packed with lots of young people along with the regular Glamberts. His management seems to want to get the young people on board and it looks like they have been very successful. She said the majority were between the ages of 13 - 20. Even though I could not go I was able to watch the Live Stream. It was wonderful and I absolutely love his new album Trespassing. I have a new favorite every day. He also performed If I Had You and the crowd was singing along with him. Adam looked so happy and relaxed and for the first time that I have seen he performed in long shorts - it was extremely hot here yesterday and even at 7:00 p.m. was still 85 degrees and humid.

So nice to see that other people loved him as much as I did on S8. I was crushed when he did not win. I am sure Kris is a wonderful guy, but Adam will always be the winner in my heart.
    I missed seeing him( dang) I wonder if its online
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I missed seeing him( dang) I wonder if its online
    If you mean the TV show it is going to be repeated on Wed. on Bravo. If you mean the concert I am sure you can see videos on You Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Does it really matter who wins? It's what they do with the exposure after the show is over.

I'm not sure I would consider Adam spectaculary talented, he was just more flamboyant than Kris.
    ilja likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And yet, no one is buying his albums. It's not just about musical ability. It's about having something special that makes people want to watch you, listen to you and buy your music!
    Even though Adam had the #1 album last week, he still sold fewer than 78,000 units, so evidently not to many are buying his stuff either. Expect a long long road to any sort of Certifications. It is just a tough tough market for albums these days, singles have retaken the lead. We have gone back to the future.

+ Reply to Thread