+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Adam debuted a new song at his concert in Canada at the Ste. Agathe en Feux festival on July 29th. It is called "Outlaws Of Love" and it is a gorgeous song about acceptance. The song will be on his upcoming album:

‪World Premiere of "Outlaws of Love" - Adam Lambert - HD Live - Sainte Agathe‬‏ - YouTube

More clips from the cool concert can be found on Youtube. Sleepwalker was great:

‪Sleepwalker - Adam Lambert - HD Live - Sainte Agathe‬‏ - YouTube

If I Had You:

‪If I Had You - Adam Lambert - HD Live - Sainte Agathe‬‏ - YouTube

-------------------------

Adam's "Behind The Music" episode aired last night on Vh1. Their twitter account may have been even more excited than I was about it! The show was chock-full of lots of pics of baby Adam, clips of his early singing years, commentary from Barry Weiss (former head of RCA who signed Adam), journalists, friends and family. Oh, and Adam looked gorgeous. Check out some cool bonus clips from the show on the Vh1 website:

Behind The Music | Videos | VH1.com

-------------------------

Adam finally dumped moved on from 19E and is now managed by DMG (Direct Management Group) which also represents Katy Perry.

Adam Lambert Splits With 'Idol' Manager 19 Entertainment (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

Adam Lambert Splits With 'Idol' Manager 19 Entertainment (Exclusive)
    10:25 PM 8/5/2011 by Shirley Halperin

UPDATED: The "American Idol" alum is signing with Direct Management Group, whose client roster includes Katy Perry, K.D. Lang and The Go-Go's.
    Adam Lambert is parting ways with 19 Entertainment, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The American Idol runner-up from season 8 is signing with Direct Management Group, whose client roster includes Katy Perry, K.D. Lang and The Go-Go's.
    OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

DMG was founded in 1985 by partners Martin Kirkup and Steven Jensen and is based in Los Angeles. In the past, the company has also worked with Miranda Cosgrove and Jamie Cullum.
    Lambert, whose debut album For Your Entertainment has sold nearly a million copies, isn't the first Idol graduate to leave the confines of 19, the company with exclusive rights to the show's stars. The original Idol, Kelly Clarkson, and season 3 winner Fantasia both found managers independent of the Idol machine, while Carrie Underwood opted to remain with Idol creator Simon Fuller at his company, XIX Entertainment (Fuller also manages current Idol winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina). Most recently, Chris Daughtry's manager Stirling McIlwaine left 19 to open his own firm, taking his client with him.

But while Lambert may be exiting, 19 will long reap the profits of its relationship with the singer. The company stands to pocket royalties from his five RCA Records releases, which include a live and remix album, as well as merchandise and other ancillary revenue streams.
    And while it's not clear whether he had a so-called "sunset clause" in his contract, as many Idols do, which details a specific cut-off date on continued profit sharing or a phasing out of commissions, Lambert is still a 19 Recordings artist. In fact, he recently debuted new music, the song "Outlaws of Love," said to be from his highly anticipated second studio album. Lambert's "Behind the Music" special airs on VH1 this Sunday, August 7.

A representative for 19 Entertainment tells THR, "Adam remains signed to 19 Recordings as he brings a new management team into his career. We look forward to continued success together."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Froggy! Thanks so much for the Adam updates.

You're welcome, Chacharo! I try to update only the major stuff though.

------------------------

Recently Forbes ranked the top earning Idols of 2010. Carrie came in 1st, no surprise, and Adam 2nd (tying with Daughtry) proving that there's some real money in touring and selling out venues around the world pays off big time... if you can do it. Most Idols can't, of course:

The Top-Earning American Idols - Forbes

The Top-Earning American Idols

Five years ago Jordin Sparks was just another teenager with dreams of becoming a singer. Then, in the summer of 2006, she auditioned for American Idol–and became the contest’s youngest winner at the age of 17.

She’s gone on to record two full-length albums, develop her own clothing line and star in Broadway’s In The Heights. Her single ”No Air,” a duet with Chris Brown, has sold 4 million digital copies to date, making it the best-selling single ever by any Idol contestant. Sparks earned an estimated $3 million dollars last year.

“American Idol kick-started me in my career,” she says. “It gave me an amazing fan base money can’t buy.”

In Pictures: The Top-Earning American Idols

As Sparks knows, the exposure offered by Idol is hard to beat—and perhaps nobody understands that better than Carrie Underwood, who leads our list of the top-earning Idols with $20 million over the past year. The country star cashed in on a tour that included over 80 dates in 12 months and banked as much as the rest of the top five on our list, combined.

Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry share the second spot on our list, each raking in $6 million. Lambert, the runner up in Idol’s seventh season, performed 116 shows around the world in 12 months; Daughtry played 53 dates in support of album Leave This Town. The top ten money-making Idol alums combined to earn $50 million over the past year alone.

These numbers are based on estimated pretax income earned from May 2010 to May 2011, before subtracting agent and manager fees. The totals were compiled with the help of data from Pollstar, RIAA and others, as well as interviews with industry insiders including managers, concert promoters, publicists, agents and, in some cases, the musicians themselves.

When it comes to earnings, winning isn’t everything. Of the top three moneymakers on our list, Underwood is the sole contest winner; only five of the top ten earners are actual Idol champs. One of the show’s most successful alums is Jennifer Hudson, who finished seventh in Season Three but banked $2 million on the strength of new album I Remember Me and a gig as a spokesperson for Weight Watchers.

Though many former Idols are cashing in on their fame, their fortunes are just a small part of the program’s economy. American Idol has been the top show in America for eight years in a row and winners’ vote totals often rival those of presidential candidates. Some industry observers have estimated that the Idol generates $1 billion in total revenue per year.

“It’s a money-making machine,” says Adam Kluger, president of brand partnership company the Kluger Agency. “It’s like having the Super Bowl every week.”

[]

Additional reporting by Maxwell Coffey.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 08-10-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Adam was honored with this year's Equality California "Equality Idol Award" last Saturday at the Beverly Hilton in LA. He made an awesome acceptance speech and was prodded my Kathy Griffin into an impromptu duet of "Mad World".

Introduction by Sam Sparro and Adam's great acceptance speech:
    Adam Lambert Receives Equality California Award 8/13/11.mov - YouTube

-------------

The VH1 Do Something Awards aired tonight on VH1. Adam was nominated in the Do Something Music Artist category (with Nick Jonas, Linkin Park, Justin Bieber) and he presented the Style award with Rose McGowan to Tyra Banks. Watch their funny bit:

"Adam Lambert, Rose McGowan Present Do Something Style" | Show Clip | VH1.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adam taped an episode of "Project Runway" which will air next Thursday on Lifetime TV. He will be a guest judge. Should be cool!

Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=dKJJdWqS4Ws

Adam with Nina Garcia:

---------------------

Adam will also appear as mentor on the new series entitled "Majors And Minors" which will air on The HUB network starting 9/23. There are a bunch of other mentors as well like Will.i.am, Colbie Caillat, Avril Lavigne etc. Watch the trailer here:

ADAM LAMBERT Majors & Minors Sneak Preview Trailer w Glimpses of Adam Lambert. - YouTube

---------------------

More TV for Adam! He will appear on the Sundance channel's fashion show, "All On The Line" with fashion world luminary Joe Zee from ELLE magazine. The show starts on 10/18.

All On The Line with Joe Zee Returns to Sundance Channel 11/18

All On The Line with Joe Zee Returns to Sundance Channel 11/18

Sundance Channel is putting a New Group of designers through fashion rehab in season two of the critically-acclaimed series, "All On The Line with Joe Zee." Starting Friday, November 18th at 9:30pm et/pt, Creative Director of ELLE Joe Zee, who The New York Times deems, 'Fashion's approachable ambassador,' will come to the rescue of designers in need of a makeover on their business, design or both in what The Huffington Post called a "must-see" show. Among the designers featured in the upcoming season, is modern-day fashion legend, Nicole Miller, who will work with Zee to launch her newest line at New York Fashion Week 2011.

Returning slightly altered, this season Zee will enlist the help of some of his industry friends including American fashion designer, Rachel Roy, socialite and fashion trendsetter, Olivia Palermo, rock musician Adam Lambert, Mark Badgley and James Mischka of Badgley Mischka and model and actress Veronica Webb, to help judge the designer's ability. Each label will be put to the challenge when Zee asks the team to design quickly and outside of their comfort zones for one of these celebrities, who may or may not be typical of the label's core clientele. []

Read more: All On The Line with Joe Zee Returns to Sundance Channel 11/18
    ------------------------

Another thing that aired recently mostly in Europe on MTV is The Talk @MTV Playground which brings together interesting people from the fashion and music world to talk about their influences. Adam was paired with his friend Johny Cota, head of Skingraft Designs who made several of Adam's fab jackets on Idol as well as outfits for his Glam Nation Tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=AWW_FIurZLQ

------------------------

Adam recently tweeted some information about his upcoming album. Apparently it will drop in "early 2012" with a single coming this fall. Can't wait!
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 09-16-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the episode! I still think Adam got robbed on American Idol. He clearly should have won his season. The more successful he is after AI, the happier it makes me because it proves that American Idol voting is screwed up but it doesn't matter anyway. True stars will become American idols with or without being on that stupid show.

I'm interested to get his input on fashion and to see what kind of judge he will be.

I got Adam's first CD and loved it. Can't wait for his next one!
    its_glinda_now likes this.

Adam was recently interviewed by ET Online on the set of Majors and Minors and he gives some insight on his upcoming album, specifically on executive producing it. Exciting stuff!! Watch the video at the link:

Exclusive: On the Record with Adam Lambert - TheInsider.com

EXCLUSIVE: ON THE RECORD WITH ADAM LAMBERT

Since emerging victorious from American Idol's eighth season (let's face it, both Kris Allen and Adam Lambert were winners), the For Your Entertainment singer has done nothing but provide us with just that, pure unadulterated entertainment.

From his performances to his music to his fashion, Adam Lambert is one of the most exciting male artists to emerge on the scene in years. Now, with his sophomore CD due out early next year, he sat down with TheInsider.com to talk about all things Adam while filming a guest spot on The Hub's new reality competition series, Majors & Minors!

In part one of my interview series with the Grammy-nominated artist, we discuss the latest on his 2012 release, what his approach to the album is and why he's reluctant to talk too much about it. Then, we hit the subject you all want to know about: his style. That's when Adam drops one of the most amazing sartorial descriptions I've ever heard.

While Adam's episode of Majors & Minors airs next month (learn all about the show here!), you should not miss the series premiere, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. on The Hub! And keep checking back for the rest of my interview with Adam! Which will features him mentoring the contestants, talking about his musical inspirations at the moment and maybe doing a little acappella!

--------------------------

Interview about Adam with Evan Bogart creator of Major and Minors:

Adam Lambert 'Leading the Charge and In Control' of New Album, Says Songwriter - Hollywood Reporter

Adam Lambert 'Leading the Charge and In Control' of New Album, Says Songwriter
    by Shirley Halperin

Adam Lambert has dropped several album updates on us over the last couple weeks (thank you, Twitter!), including the promise that his second full-length is “coming early 2012!” with a single due out “next month (ish).” Needless to say, fans can hardly wait, but what might the follow-up to For Your Entertainment sound like?
    We’ve been asking around and producer-songwriter Evan Bogart, who co-wrote the tracks “Down the Rabbit Hole” and "Broken Open" from Lambert’s debut and created the talent show Majors & Minors (premiering Friday on the Hub network and featuring Lambert as a mentor), offered a few clues, with one caveat: that even though the two have been writing together, he has yet to receive official word as to whether his work will make it to the finished product.
    What does Bogart know? That “Adam has really taken the reigns on this record,” he tells The Hollywood Reporter. “I haven't heard all the songs, but what I did hear, they're very Adam -- deep and true.”

As for a unifying theme? “Adam was saying that he didn't want anything to be about ‘rebel this’ and ‘rebel that,’" says Bogart. “Like on the first record, it was very much a let-your-flag-show kind of thing. This one is more specific to what's going on in his life and his relationships. I think he's making a very personal record. He's leading the charge and in control of it.”

Bogart credits Lambert’s new management, in part, for giving him the creative freedom to pursue his own direction. Then again, Bogart, who wrote Rihanna’s “SOS” and Sean Kingston’s “Take You There” and brought the show Platinum Hit (featuring former Idol judge Kara DioGuardi) to Bravo, has been a diehard Glambert since the early rounds of American Idol season 8. “There have been a handful of Idols that, while watching the show, I've picked up the phone, called my team and said, ‘I know there's, like, 12 episodes left, but I have to work with this person,’” he says. “And Adam was one of them.”

Asked if he’s surprised that Lambert ended up being one of the most successful Idols to graduate from the show without winning, Bogart snaps, “Not at all! I think the first record probably should've done even better. ‘Whataya Want From Me’ was a huge hit! And Adam is a star.”

--------------------

Adam and his mom, Leila Lambert, are being honored in a special event in by PFLAG. The event will be a fundraiser for PFLAG National and will take place on September 25, 2011 in Beverly Hills.

PFLAG: Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians and Gays

------------------------

Watch what the contestants on Project Runway had to say about Adam's judging on the show. Hint: they loved him!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/281598/project-runway-adam-lambert
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 09-23-2011 at 02:53 PM.

cha

Queen performs a medley of "The Show Must Go On/We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" featuring Adam Lambert live at the 2011 EMAs.

The Show Must Go On/We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions (Live) | Queen | Music Video | MTV

No chatter about Lambert being named Queen's new lead singer? FWIW, I think it's a very good choice. Similar styles & ability, and for god's sake, the guy is a rock singer. Glad he's setting out to do what he does best.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    No chatter about Lambert being named Queen's new lead singer? FWIW, I think it's a very good choice. Similar styles & ability, and for god's sake, the guy is a rock singer. Glad he's setting out to do what he does best.
    Wow! Really? I hadn't heard about this. Is he going to tour with them? Or make an album or something? I think he's a fabulous choice!

+ Reply to Thread