Closed Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Hee! What I love about that hair is that it looks like he just rolled out of bed with it. He'll probably get bored with this style too within a week and he'll do something else. Just two weeks ago he looked like a pirate. He's never boring and still hot no matter what he does.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Hee! What I love about that hair is that it looks like he just rolled out of bed with it. He'll probably get bored with this style too within a week and he'll do something else. Just two weeks ago he looked like a pirate. He's never boring and still hot no matter what he does.
    Lord, I do so love Adam Lambert! I think he is the most talented and exciting entertainer ever to grace the stage of American Idol, and after 2 years I still cannot believe he didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Lord, I do so love Adam Lambert! I think he is the most talented and exciting entertainer ever to grace the stage of American Idol, and after 2 years I still cannot believe he didn't win.
    Same here, I feel like a cougar.I have wee crush on him, oh, and James!

James and Carrie are both favorites of mine. Thanks for posting the picture. They look fantastic.
    sparklete likes this.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Some pics from Adam at the Maxidrom festival in Moscow today. He's already got more blue in his hair and looks awesome!

"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Ah, the girls in the pit are holding up hearts. Remembering the cold war repressive days, it continues to amaze me how in the last 20 years western music (and influence) has infiltrated the country. Anyone with a "heart" would have been thrown in jail, but now they can wave them freely.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, he got a lot of love there today. "Whataya Want From Me" was a Top 10 hit in Russia and stayed there for a very long time and "If I Had You" was in the Top 20. There were 50,000 people there! Gonna go catch up on videos now 'cause I hear he went crazy with the vocals.

Adam tweeted and alerted me to a CNN article online about gay rights protesters trying to march for the third time while this concert was happening. Police arrested both some of the marchers and some of the anti-gay protesters. Apparently, Russia has been urged by Civil Rights groups to be open to the gay rights marches, but so far they have not been receptive.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, a pretty horrible situation. Russia has a long way to go in regards to civil rights but it's encouraging that Adam got such a fantastic reception on the same day that all this stuff went down.

Adam has been nominated for a Vh1 Do Something Award in the Music Artist category. Show airs on Vh1, Thursday, August 18 9EST/8CST and is hosted by Jane Lynch. Adam is scheduled to attend.

Adam Lambert

Throwing huge support towards the Trevor Project Adam donated all the proceeds from "Aftermath Remix" as well as joining the "It Gets Better" campaign. From the beginning of his career, Adam has supported DonorsChoose by helping raise $322,260 for the organization. Instead of birthday gifts for his 29th birthday, Adam asked that friends and family donate to his Charity:Water birthday campaign. In doing so, the fans exceeded his wish of raising $290,000 and raised over $320,000.
    Vote here for Adam:

2011 Do Something Awards | Music Artist Nominees & Voting | VH1.com

--------------------

Vh1 changed their schedule a bit so Adam's Behind The Music episode will now air on Sunday, August 7th. The rest of the season episodes will also air on Sundays.

--------------------

Adam filmed an episode of Talk@MTVplayground which is a music/fashion hybrid show that airs internationally on MTV's music channels around the world. Yes, MTV plays actual music outside of the US. Hard to believe... I know. Adam sat down with friend Johnny Cota of Skingraft. No air date as of yet. Not sure whether it will be seen in the US at all aside from the MTV site or Youtube.

---------------------

Adam is being honored by Equality California, the largest LGBT organization in California for his contribution to raising awareness of equality issues. The event takes place on August 13 in Beverly Hills, CA. Facebook is the other honoree this year.

Los Angeles- Equality California is proud to announce it will honor singer and songwriter Adam Lambert and Facebook at this year’s annual Los Angeles Equality Awards. Presented by AT&T, the awards are set to take place Saturday, August 13 at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
    “We’re thrilled to honor Adam Lambert and Facebook whose work has been a catalyst for social change and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality,” said Equality California Executive Director Roland Palencia. “Their courage and leadership in entertainment and social media have helped Californians become more supportive of LGBT rights.”

Lambert gained international fame as the runner-up on American Idol in 2009. Since launching his solo career as a singer and songwriter, he has been an outspoken and fearless role model for LGBT youth nationwide. Lambert also participated in the “It Gets Better” campaign with the hope of helping LGBT youth overcome bullying. His new song “Aftermath” will benefit the Trevor Project, a national suicide-prevention hotline for LGBT youth.

“I am so honored to be invited to and recognized by the Equality California event,” said Lambert. “It’s a pivotal time in the progress of equal rights and I'm very grateful to be the subject of such broad visibility. I strive to lead by example by making no apologies for or withholding my identity as a proud and comfortable gay man. I strongly believe that ALL people have a fundamental right to love who they want to love and if they so choose, have their union recognized by the laws of this country regardless of sex, age, race or religious affiliation. I am hopeful that we are getting closer everyday to this idea of Equality.”

In an effort to prevent anti-LGBT cyberbullying, Facebook has developed the “Network of Support,” a coalition of non-profit organizations serving the diverse LGBT community. Facebook has also adopted policies to create a more welcoming experience for LGBT people on the social networking site, including adding a feature that allows LGBT people to select “married,” “civil union,” or “domestic partnership” for their relationship status.
    "We're honored to receive the Equality Advocate Award from Equality California, an organization that works tirelessly to advance the rights of LGBT Californians,” said Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer for Facebook. “Giving people the opportunity to genuinely and authentically convey their relationships is part of achieving equality—and we were pleased to launch 'civil union' and 'domestic partnership' as relationship status options on Facebook this year. Providing this highly requested feature is part of our broader mission to promote an environment where everyone on Facebook can connect and share."

WHEN: Saturday, August 13 at 5:30 p.m.

WHERE: The Beverly Hilton, 9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills
    EQCA to Honor Adam Lambert and Facebook at Equality Awards - Equality California

-----------------------------

- Pic of Adam in the studio working on his 2nd album. Rumored release date: November 2011.

Closed Thread