+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 195 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

  1. #171
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    I'm not sure why people thought Adam was mocking ROF, either. I felt it was just his interpretation. He admitted that country was not his thing, so I think he just did a different take on it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #172
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Didn't someone on Rockstar Supanova do a slowed down version of ROF?
    Dilana?

    I'm not a fan of the original and I liked Adam's take, whether it was original to him or a knock-off of Buckley's version, which I've never heard.
    I was quite surprised by Adam's vocal range. I was cringing at points thinking he'd go for something out of his reach, but I think he hit everything he went for.
    I then had to listen to it again so I could just enjoy it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #173
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388533;
    I was quite surprised by Adam's vocal range. I was cringing at points thinking he'd go for something out of his reach, but I think he hit everything he went for.
    I then had to listen to it again so I could just enjoy it.
    OMG you are so right. That in itself is what made Simon's comments completely off.
    The range was amazing and he hit EVERY note

  4. #174
    . illusions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    680

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388533;
    Didn't someone on Rockstar Supanova do a slowed down version of ROF?
    Dilana?

    I'm not a fan of the original and I liked Adam's take, whether it was original to him or a knock-off of Buckley's version, which I've never heard.
    I was quite surprised by Adam's vocal range. I was cringing at points thinking he'd go for something out of his reach, but I think he hit everything he went for.
    I then had to listen to it again so I could just enjoy it.
    Yes, I mentioned earlier that Dilana also did ROF. She had this really strange version but it worked for her because Dilana is (how do you say)
    ...different. Maybe since I'm not a big old time country fan I enjoy things like that. LOL.

    Still I wasn't totally sold on Adam's version.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

  5. #175
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    805

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Still not a fan of Adam's but for better or worse, his version of Ring of Fire is what I remember most about the show. Can't get it out of my head and in a weird way, that's a good thing.

  6. #176
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    I have watched Adam's performance twice and while I still don't like the rendition of ROF, I agree Adam can really hit the high notes. Aside from me not liking the musical arrangement, he has a fantastic voice and handled himself graciously with the Judges's and Randy Travis's feedback. He strikes me as a real pro. Early in the season he indicated that he has been in the industry for a long time but just couldn't break through. Not sure he will win AI, but I think he has finally made the "break" he has been working for!

  7. #177
    FORT Fanatic Fooled Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Confusion
    Posts
    400

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    I read on another board that Marvin Gaye is Adams favorite Mowtown singer. The possibilities are endless, but I vote for Let's Get It On. I think he could really do it justice, and if he does sing it, I promise to vote till my fingers are bloody stumps. Can't wait for Monday.

  8. #178
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,587

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3388761;
    I read on another board that Marvin Gaye is Adams favorite Mowtown singer. The possibilities are endless, but I vote for Let's Get It On. I think he could really do it justice, and if he does sing it, I promise to vote till my fingers are bloody stumps. Can't wait for Monday.
    Boy, if you can't wait til Monday, you're going to be nuts by Wednesday when the show actually airs..

  9. #179
    FORT Fanatic Fooled Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Land of Confusion
    Posts
    400

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3388768;
    Boy, if you can't wait til Monday, you're going to be nuts by Wednesday when the show actually airs..
    Look at my avatar and you'll see that I live in the Land of Confusion. I blame it on my age.

  10. #180
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3388264;
    I'm almost off the Adam train due to his R.o.F. rendition. I saw it as him making a mockery of the song and I didn't appreciate that. There is putting your own spin on it and making it yours and then there is making it into a big joke to show you are above it and too cool for the song.
    That's how I saw his performance as well. I thought his negative comment about country music and Nashville was disrespectful as well. I don't know if everyone caught it because the mike wasn't on when he said it but as a country music fan I was insulted.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388253;
    I have been rooting for Adam since the try-outs, but he lost me on his rendition of Ring of Fire and ruined a great Cash song. I realize he is a rocker and was taking artist liberty but it would have been more appealing to me if he followed the typical version but with his rocker flair. I thought he appeared almost demonic with his performance. Johnny probably turned over in his grave. Ofcourse this just my opinion and the judges loved it so what do I know?
    I was flipping channels yesterday and came across a concert for a band I'd never heard of...Amsterdam, I think they were called...They were doing Ring of Fire and it was nothing like Johnny Cash's version but I really liked it. So it goes to show that you can take an iconic song like that and change it up without turning it into a freak show.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-21-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.