+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 195 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I'm not sure why people thought Adam was mocking ROF, either. I felt it was just his interpretation. He admitted that country was not his thing, so I think he just did a different take on it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Didn't someone on Rockstar Supanova do a slowed down version of ROF?
    Dilana?

I'm not a fan of the original and I liked Adam's take, whether it was original to him or a knock-off of Buckley's version, which I've never heard.
    I was quite surprised by Adam's vocal range. I was cringing at points thinking he'd go for something out of his reach, but I think he hit everything he went for.
    I then had to listen to it again so I could just enjoy it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388533;
    I was quite surprised by Adam's vocal range. I was cringing at points thinking he'd go for something out of his reach, but I think he hit everything he went for.
    OMG you are so right. That in itself is what made Simon's comments completely off.
    The range was amazing and he hit EVERY note

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3388533;
    Didn't someone on Rockstar Supanova do a slowed down version of ROF?
    Dilana?

I'm not a fan of the original and I liked Adam's take, whether it was original to him or a knock-off of Buckley's version, which I've never heard.
    Yes, I mentioned earlier that Dilana also did ROF. She had this really strange version but it worked for her because Dilana is (how do you say)
    ...different. Maybe since I'm not a big old time country fan I enjoy things like that. LOL.

Still I wasn't totally sold on Adam's version.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

Still not a fan of Adam's but for better or worse, his version of Ring of Fire is what I remember most about the show. Can't get it out of my head and in a weird way, that's a good thing.

I have watched Adam's performance twice and while I still don't like the rendition of ROF, I agree Adam can really hit the high notes. Aside from me not liking the musical arrangement, he has a fantastic voice and handled himself graciously with the Judges's and Randy Travis's feedback. He strikes me as a real pro. Early in the season he indicated that he has been in the industry for a long time but just couldn't break through. Not sure he will win AI, but I think he has finally made the "break" he has been working for!

I read on another board that Marvin Gaye is Adams favorite Mowtown singer. The possibilities are endless, but I vote for Let's Get It On. I think he could really do it justice, and if he does sing it, I promise to vote till my fingers are bloody stumps. Can't wait for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3388761;
    I read on another board that Marvin Gaye is Adams favorite Mowtown singer. The possibilities are endless, but I vote for Let's Get It On. I think he could really do it justice, and if he does sing it, I promise to vote till my fingers are bloody stumps. Can't wait for Monday.
    Boy, if you can't wait til Monday, you're going to be nuts by Wednesday when the show actually airs..

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3388768;
    Boy, if you can't wait til Monday, you're going to be nuts by Wednesday when the show actually airs..
    Look at my avatar and you'll see that I live in the Land of Confusion. I blame it on my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3388264;
    I'm almost off the Adam train due to his R.o.F. rendition. I saw it as him making a mockery of the song and I didn't appreciate that. There is putting your own spin on it and making it yours and then there is making it into a big joke to show you are above it and too cool for the song.
    That's how I saw his performance as well. I thought his negative comment about country music and Nashville was disrespectful as well. I don't know if everyone caught it because the mike wasn't on when he said it but as a country music fan I was insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3388253;
    I have been rooting for Adam since the try-outs, but he lost me on his rendition of Ring of Fire and ruined a great Cash song. I realize he is a rocker and was taking artist liberty but it would have been more appealing to me if he followed the typical version but with his rocker flair. I thought he appeared almost demonic with his performance. Johnny probably turned over in his grave. Ofcourse this just my opinion and the judges loved it so what do I know?
    I was flipping channels yesterday and came across a concert for a band I'd never heard of...Amsterdam, I think they were called...They were doing Ring of Fire and it was nothing like Johnny Cash's version but I really liked it. So it goes to show that you can take an iconic song like that and change it up without turning it into a freak show.
    Last edited by stacerace; 03-21-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread