+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    He's not the only non-winner pictured but he is the most visible. JHud and Daughtry also get a split second in the intro. Idol obviously has to show the winners but is highlighting the actual stars the show produced as well 'cause they along with everyone else obviously know that the winners, except for Carrie and Kelly and Fantasia to some degree, are music industry roadkill by now.

I thought this was cute. It's from the recap of last week's AI episode by Arielfllies:

Sidenote: Forced to make an audience appearance is Chris Allen, season 8 winner. The season 8 runner-up got a performance slot while the winner makes like a deer in the head lights just before the truck runs him over.

Not just performance, but mentoring, too. Not bad for a non-winner.

(Not that I have anything against Chris. He's a really nice guy and I wish him well. I just thought Adam should have won that season.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

(Not that I have anything against Chris. He's a really nice guy and I wish him well. I just thought Adam should have won that season.)
    So did I!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

It was monumentally stupid at the time but in the real world where it actually counts, nobody cares that Adam - or Daughtry or JHud - didn't win some voting contest. Certainly record labels, producers, radio programmers, people around the world etc. don't give a damn. His music went to Top 10 in so many countries around the world where nobody watches Idol and nobody knows he was even on it. But man, I'm sure he would have liked that shiny trophy Kris Allen got... for his bathroom.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

THAT's what I miss this season. Adam consistently put on show-stopping performances on AI and I haven't experienced a single moment like that this season. There's no one there who 'wows' the audience. After Blackbird, I thought that would be Paul (I still like the guy and hope he has a 'moment'), and after Georgia I thought we'd have lots of 'moments' with Casey. Wrong. This season has been a high-flying karaoke act. Someone still may break out, but times-a-wastin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    THAT's what I miss this season. Adam consistently put on show-stopping performances on AI and I haven't experienced a single moment like that this season. There's no one there who 'wows' the audience. After Blackbird, I thought that would be Paul (I still like the guy and hope he has a 'moment'), and after Georgia I thought we'd have lots of 'moments' with Casey. Wrong. This season has been a high-flying karaoke act. Someone still may break out, but times-a-wastin!!!
    American Idol has always been a "high-flying karaoke act" and that's especially true this season. Don't hold your breath for show-stopping anything because that could get painful, fast.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I so agree with the above! "Blackbird" and "Georgia" gave me hope that we would see one of those guys break from the pack and create innovative "wow moments", a la David Cook, Adam, or Crystal Bowersox. [I was an Adam fan all the way, but even Kris had a couple of moments...]

C'mon, somebody! The closest we have gotten to a moment was (IMO) "Maybe I'm Amazed" from James this year, and he has never done that well again.

I miss Adam...

We've been spoiled, that's for sure

I think part of the problem lies within the new "coaching" from Jimmy I and the rest of the crew. Maybe these contestants are getting too much help? It seemed like Adam (along with many others) found his song to sing and sang it exactly like he wanted without the likes of Jimmy Iovine convincing them that something else might sound better. I think the contestents this year are going to miss out on "their moment" if they can't be anything but themselves.
    One another note, at or around the top 5 - 6, I'd love to see them do a song writer's week!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    It was monumentally stupid at the time but in the real world where it actually counts, nobody cares that Adam - or Daughtry or JHud - didn't win some voting contest. Certainly record labels, producers, radio programmers, people around the world etc. don't give a damn. His music went to Top 10 in so many countries around the world where nobody watches Idol and nobody knows he was even on it. But man, I'm sure he would have liked that shiny trophy Kris Allen got... for his bathroom.

I remember a long time ago reading a quote from Liberace: "Every time I read a negative article about me, I cry...all the way to the bank."

And please don't tell me I'm the only one here old enough to remember Liberace.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

We've been spoiled, that's for sure
    Amen. We were spoiled the past few seaons with great talent. Like Teacher said, even Kris had his moments...I agree with everything that's been said here...no "wow" moments except for early Paul and Casey...disappointment that they haven't lived up to their potential , and Baby, that's an excellent point about Jimmy's coaching. I mean, they had mentors before, but somehow that didn't stop guys like Adam from being themselves. He and David C. etc. already had a vision of how they wanted to sing each song. They didn't just pick a niche and stick with it week after week (sorry Scotty, I liked you initially but now it's getting old). They crafted each song so that you never knew what they were going to do, just that it would be good.

This season is just...karaoke. (sigh)

+ Reply to Thread