+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4112215;
    I thought the THS was great!! Adam is so well spoken and can articulate thoughts and ideas so well. So refreshing!!! I really liked hearing about all his "gigs" and experiences before the AI machine but had to laugh at the way they described how he had his epiphany at Burning Man. Heheheheh

Also, as much as I think that Kris Allen is a nice guy and decent singer, when the show flashed all the clips of the AI Adam performances, you really had to ask yourself - "how did he not win AI??" It's mind boggling.

I also thought Kris was good, but, like you, I couldn't fathom the outcome. But, then I put it in perspective and realized it was AI!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The E! THS was great! None of it was really news but he's so smart and well spoken, that was one hour of pure fun. I loved the LA Times journalist, Ann Powers' remarks; they were right on the money.

He's finishing up his international tour tonight in London. There are just a handful of shows left to go when he gets back to the US - including his hometown shows and some radio shows. That will make about 114 sold out shows in six months all over the world and his insane voice is sounding even better every day judging by the youtube videos posted by fans who follow him around the world.

Adam's "Acoustic Live!" EP is coming out December 6th on iTunes and other online stores. If you want a physical copy though you need to preorder it from his official site: The Official Adam Lambert Site
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Adam Lambert was just nominated for a Grammy Award in the "Best Male Pop Vocal Performance" category for "Whataya Want From Me". He is the first ever AI alum to receive a nomination in this category.

And the Nominees Are...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Thanks for posting that, Ms Froggy.

What an honor!
    But, then, I know a lot of us expected as much from Adam.
    I still can't believe the guy didn't win AI.... But, yeah, I guess I can, unfortunately.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4119106;
    Thanks for posting that, Ms Froggy.

What an honor!
    But, then, I know a lot of us expected as much from Adam.
    I still can't believe the guy didn't win AI.... But, yeah, I guess I can, unfortunately.
    Hah! You and pretty much everyone else out there in the real world.

Adam's "Acoustic Live!" EP came out today and it's already in the Top 10 in iTunes. The vocals are pure, crystal clear insanity! Soooo good.

Adam's Grammy nominated song "Whataya Want From Me" will be featured on the 2011 Grammy Nominees CD along with a bunch of fellow nominated songs and artists. The CD comes out on January 25th.

The Recording Academy® and Jive Records Team Up to Release 2011... -- SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

-----

Adam has made a bunch of year end lists, too many to mention but his album "For Your Entertainment" was the 29th best selling album of 2010 on Billboard and he is their 27th top artist. He is on a number of other year end lists on Billboard, see them all here:

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

-----

Adam's January tweet about the Haiti earthquake was the most influential tweet on the topic, based on a Northwestern University study:

Celeb tweets make impact on top stories in 2010 | Reuters

Celeb tweets make impact on top stories in 2010

[]

"For the topic of Haiti ... singer Adam Lambert was the most influential tweeter. For the Chilean miner rescue topic, comedian Conan O'Brien was the most influential, and singer Ricky Martin was number two," he added.

A celebrity is more likely to have an impact on a major event if he or she has a large, active following on Twitter, if they are credible and also have a passionate interest in what they are tweeting about, according to Choudhary.

His results are based on a website he developed, Pulse of the Tweeters, to rank the most influential tweeters using massive data mining of texts, network analysis and real-time response measures.

[]
    -----

Looks like Adam is more beloved than ice cream :

Best Loved Topics on Social Media in 2010 - Business - Press Releases - msnbc.com

Best Loved Topics on Social Media in 2010

Leading Source of Online Opinions, Amplicate.com, Brings to You the Annual Review of What People Most Loved and Hated in 2010

NEW YORK, NY — Adam Lambert has emerged as the best loved topic in social media for 2010, according to Amplicate's annual review of public opinions expressed on social media.

Throughout 2010, hundreds of millions of people expressed their thoughts publicly to their friends and followers across Twitter and Facebook. Amplicate monitors and collates what people say they love or hate, and over 50 million public opinions of adoration or disgust were made on thousands of specific topics. These have been collated to create the Best Loved on Social Media 2010 Trends ( 2010 Trends on Amplicate - The most loved and hates topics from social media in 2010)

Among the overall top ten best loved topics were also Taylor Lautner, Katy Perry and Ice Cream. Brazil took the place for the favourite country and Family Guy and True Blood were the most loved TV series.

[]
    --------------

One of my fellow teachers is this sweet little old lady. Just before Christmas we were comparing notes about what music we liked, and I nearly fell on the floor when she said she loved Adam Lambert. Turns out she was a big AI fan and was crushed when he didn't win. She told me she rushed out to buy Adam's first CD because "I thought he was lot better than that other guy. Who was it? The guy who won."

Thanks for sharing this news about Adam. At the time when he lost, I was on another internet forum and they were all crowing about glad they were that Kris won. Oh, please. Kris was a nice guy, but Adam had more talent in his little finger than the other 11 contestants put together. He was the only reason I watched that season. I am SO glad he is doing well.

BTW, I heard that Kris wasn't doing so well. Is that true? The curse of winning AI strikes again...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Adam has been out and about in LA this week, so here's some misc. news:

Adam has moved in to his new house in LA. Last week he tweeted "Checked out of the Sunset Marquis yesterday to move into my new home!! Had an amaaaazing stay there- great service and restaurant!"

He gave some clues about his new album Tuesday night while walking the red carpet at the premiere of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 at Rage on Tuesday in West Hollywood. He told a reporter for ontheredcarpet.com:

"Look for my album this fall, a single probably about late summer," he said. "I'm starting to talk to some writers and come up with some ideas and I'll be writing a lot of it myself. It's going to be very pop, very rock, maybe even a little dark."
    Adam went to a private benefit concert last night given by Sir Elton John. The 90 minute fundraiser for the legal fight against Prop 8 (no gay marriage) in California was held on the lawn of a large estate in the Hollywood Hills. (Details in the NY Times: Elton John Plays Calif. Benefit to Back Gay Marriage)

Too bad Adam was hobnobbing with Sir Elton, David Geffen, and Rob Reiner. He could have caught his picture in the new AI opening credits.

Adam's birthday is a week from Saturday. (He'll be 29 on the 29th!) Instead of gifts, he's asked fans to help him raise money for Charity: Water to provide clean drinking water in developing nations. (Details on Adam's web site.)

Adam at the Elton John Concert benefitting the American Foundation for Equal Rights, January 19, 2011

I don't know if I'm crazy about the hair, but I don't think he could ever look bad. lol Can't wait to hear some new music from him!

Some updates:

RCA is releasing a live DVD/CD called Glam Nation Live which is a DVD of footage from Adam's 100+ sold out international tour from 2010. Preview clips from the DVD will premiere on VEVO on Friday, 2/11. The DVD/CD goes on sale everywhere on March 22nd. You can watch the DVD trailer and pre-order the new release at Adam's official site: The Official Adam Lambert Site.

DVD cover:

Adam was on The Talk on CBS yesterday. It was a great half hour during which he talked about his new DVD, his tour, his upcoming album, the Grammys and more. He also talked about his support for Charity:Water which has now raised nearly $290,000 in less than a month to provide clean, safe drinking water to people in need, mostly in Africa. 100% of proceeds go directly to water projects. Adam's 29th Birthday

If you missed it, all of Adam's segments are available on the front page of CBS The Talk here : Watch The Talk on CBS.com.

Adam is also appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres show today and will sing a gorgeous acoustic version of Whataya Want From Me. Video of the interview and his performance is already on Youtube. Oh, internets!

He will also be interviewed today on Extra on NBC and this will air today. Check local listings.

Adam is going to participate in a Social Media Rock Star Summit panel discussion for the Grammys which will air live online at the official Grammy site on Friday 2/11 at 5PM EST: GRAMMY LIVE | GRAMMY.com

+ Reply to Thread