+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

This is the first time ever that Adam sang "Aftermath" live. Really beautiful, immaculate vocals.

Aftermath - Wilkes Barre, PA:

YouTube - ADAM LAMBERT Glam Nation tour AFTERMATH in Wilkes Barre
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Thanks for the videos TopCat and Froggy. Gotta love Adam. He is SOOOO Liberace and Elvis's love child in all the best ways!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Adam and his crew backstage before his first show.

Catch Adam's brand new fab glam, hippie trippy psychedelic fun party video for If I Had You on Vh1, MTV, AdamOfficial etc.:

Adam Lambert's 'If I Had You' Video Frolics In Politics - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Jun 14 2010 12:59 PM EDT
    Adam Lambert's 'If I Had You' Video Frolics In Politics
    New video aims to celebrate how dancing and partying bring everyone together.
    By James Montgomery

A few months ago — back when he was still the reigning "American Idol" runner-up — Adam Lambert told MTV News about the meaning of his latest single, "If I Had You," the video for which has just premiered on VH1.com.

"Basically, what it's saying is no matter what color your skin is, no matter what religion you are, no matter what your sexuality is ... we can all party together," he said. "And all this other stuff — money, success, fortune, fashion, glam — it's all great, but it doesn't mean anything if you're not connecting."

Clearly, Lambert was thinking big with the song, which meant that it needed an equally epic video. Early sneak peeks had him rocking spiked shoulder pads and gallivanting through a forest, and Lambert himself promised that things would get "kind of psychedelic." And on Monday (June 14), we finally got to see the finished project, an over-the-top affair that's, yes, kind of psychedelic and even a tad bit political.

Though mostly, it's just a pretty awesome Euro-pop video.

The clip opens with Lambert — in a leather duster coat and gloriously braided pseudo-rattail — storming his way down a forest path. Whether he and director Bryan Barber intended it to or not, the scene recalls Men Without Hats' classic video for "The Safety Dance" (all that's missing is the lute-playing little person). From there, Lambert discoverers a clearing in the forest, one packed with party people — of all races, colors, creeds and proclivities, naturally — who are all in the midst of a totally excellent celebration. (Most of said party people are actually Lambert's friends, from his days performing with L.A.'s "Zodiac Show.") Overtaken, Lambert has no choice but to join in on the fun, and from there, things get psychedelic, all brightly blurring colors and whooshing chemtrails and, uh, Allison Iraheta.

And the message is pretty clear (if not a tad bit idealistic): Humanity can, in fact, put their differences aside and just dance. Perhaps that's the way to solve all of our global conflicts. Who's to say Lambert's not right? Like all great pop stars, he's not afraid to dream.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

"...And the message is pretty clear (if not a tad bit idealistic): Humanity can, in fact, put their differences aside and just dance. Perhaps that's the way to solve all of our global conflicts... "
    Oh, please! It's a fun song and video but don't make it out to be more than it is. Partying with your best friends isn't exactly modeling diversity. Put Sarah Palin, Eminem, and Betty White in the video, then we can talk. This is Adam in full "Boys Just Wanna Have Fun" mode. Nothing wrong with that. We all need to get up a dance every now and then. On that level, it's a hit for me. But if the intention really was to be full of political innuendo, then I've gotta say that the director and producers failed to effectively put that point across.

I've heard Adam talk about the video on ET and in other interviews and he never once mentioned any politics. But MTV is free to interpret it any way they want to. Maybe they do see politics in it, which is fine. This is what Adam said about the video:

"Basically, what it's saying is no matter what color your skin is, no matter what religion you are, no matter what your sexuality is ... we can all party together," he said. "And all this other stuff — money, success, fortune, fashion, glam — it's all great, but it doesn't mean anything if you're not connecting."

Last night, Adam performed "Whataya Want From Me" live at the Canadian Much Music Awards. He also won the award for UR Fave International Video.

Pics here:

2010 MuchMusic Video Awards | Adam Lambert on Stage: ‘Nuff Said!!!

ADAM LAMBERT ON STAGE: ‘NUFF SAID!!!
    June 21st, 2010

Wham Bam Thank You Ma’am! Adam Lambert gives us what he does best! He’s belting out “Whattaya Want From Me” making us swoon! Plus, the pyro, the strobe lights, the hardcore pumping of the beats! Check it all out!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

Excellent interview with Adam's vocal coach about how Adam keeps his incredible voice in tip top shape on tour. It's absolutely insane what he can do with his voice:

Rescuing Voices

Rescuing Voices
    Adam Lambert's voice teacher tells how he keeps singers in shape while on tour.
    By John Henny
    JUNE 18, 2010

[]

He explains his approach with Adam Lambert's tour: "Adam can do extreme things with his voice that most singers will probably never be able to do, but he can't do it endlessly." Stroud started by going through Lambert's set list. "Adam's tour right now is around 14 songs, of which three are at 11 on the intensity scale," he says. "Going all out on those songs, it makes it more difficult to pull off the subsequent songs. The fact is Adam is so amazing that he doesn't have to overdo it. I work with the music director to look at the peaks, where they happen in the show, and where he can recover from that."

[]

Stroud changes the specific exercises he uses based upon the singer. "With Adam Lambert, I will work to get easy cord closure and I will vocalize him to G above high C. He has climax notes at E's above high C, so I need to give him that extra range," Stroud says. "Jordin Sparks has a really exceptional voice. I just want her to feel mentally that everything is in her comfort zone." He feels that half of the process is psychological: "I physically prepare the cords for singing, but I also want their minds to say, 'Okay, I'm good. I feel good.'"

[]

Okay, if you're a fan and you can get your hands on some tickets, GO SEE this tour. It was amazing. I saw Adam perform this past Saturday, and he just blew me away. If you thought he was good on Idol, you haven't seen anything yet.

While I really liked the House of Blues and the way it was set up - nice sound, intimate but not too small - I did NOT like the way they left us all to stand in the sun for hours. Doors were supposed to open at 7:30, and they did - but apparently that just meant open the doors, not let people in. Chanting and hollering did no good, we didn't get in til around 8:45. And I was in the "jump the line" line, so I really felt for the people who were lined up all across and down the parking lot.

The crowd was the absolute oddest mix I've ever seen, at any concert I've been to. There was everything from screaming tweens to roving packs of grandmas. The Paula Deen lookalike with green hair (really!) made my day. The beer swilling jackass ahead of us in line who sounded like a drunken Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade, not so much. One guy and his boyfriend were doing spot-on imitations of him, cracking everyone up.

Allison opened up the show, and she only played a few songs, sadly. She sounded great, and looked great too. Orianthi played way longer than Allison did. But once Adam finally came out, people went crazy. He sang most of his album, a few covers, Ring of Fire - all flawless. He was very comfortable with the crowd, stopping to talk several times and introduce his band and dancers (also excellent!). The visuals, costumes, and laser show just added to the vibe, and didn't distract. It was over way too soon, and he came out for one encore, singing Whole Lotta Love. I thought the woman next to me was literally going to die.

I managed to smuggle a regular (forbidden) camera in, but it was hard to take a decent picture without a flash, which would have brought security down on me. Here are the best two I got:

Allison rocking with Orianthi:

And Adam in one of his costumes:

And there's my review. Like I said, if you're a fan, I highly recommend this show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I will be going to see him on the 23rd in SF and I also have a ticket for the 24th but I only have one so I have to go alone. I know that after seeing him on the 23rd I will probably be dying to go the 24th!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread