+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 195 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3388302;
    I think someone quoted him as saying that if he was five years younger, the show would be harder to deal with...perhaps meaning the critical comments.

He has been in live entertainment and the theater for some time so I am pretty sure he is used to people judging him.

Perhaps I should have said that he is APPARENTLY unfazed the brutality of Simon critique...but I still am betting that he is not going back to his room and crying in his pillow
    Heh, he probably doesn't want to ruin the pillows with the gallons of makeup he uses just on his eyes. That image had me

FORT Fogey

He has beautiful skin, so I am guessing ---like most of us who wear make-up and don't want skin eruptions-- he washes it off every night before bed

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3388264;
    I'm almost off the Adam train due to his R.o.F. rendition. I saw it as him making a mockery of the song and I didn't appreciate that. There is putting your own spin on it and making it yours and then there is making it into a big joke to show you are above it and too cool for the song.

I just want the guy to sing, just sing, for once and enough with the shenanigans.

I agree Harmony. I have always been on the fence with Adam (where most either love or hate him) because I do think he has a great voice and he has the ability to put on a good show. However, his performance combined with his comments to the judges came off as if he is "above" the entire genre.

I hope that this week he just gets up there and just sings. Nothing more, nothing less. Just show us that he can sing without all of the hoopla.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3388278;
    We don't know why he came to AI any more than we know why the judges...seeing and hearing him as he is...put him in the show.

Of course no one put a gun to his head; he did it for his own reasons and he is doing it HIS OWN WAY. He doesn't have to be white bread. All that can happen is that he leaves
    when that percentage of America stops voting for him.

The kid is absolutely unfazed by what is said to him. Simon's whipping was as brutal as anything I have ever seen...and it went on over two nights. He stood there and accepted it...without a word...unlike a number of other contestants who tried to explain or defend. Good for him.

Exactly.. and that makes me like him even more. He has a smile on his face no matter what is said.. and when someone tells him it was good you see him mouth a thanks and nod. He is not like MindyDo or Fetus Archuleta and going overboard with the you like me you really like me Sally Field crap.. I think he takes it all in stride and having been in the "arts" as it is, he is used to people NOT likening something heís done. I think he accepts it all (the good and the bad) with grace.

I for one LOVED the RoF he did.. as I said in other places im a HUGE fan of Johnny Cash and think that June was an out of the box song writer for her time.. and yes I agree that they would have approved (or at least understood) even if it wasn't their cup of tea.

Everyone is bringing up Chris and Adamís need to make it about the rock.. but yet no one has mentioned that Carrie Underwood made just about everything she did country. It has worked for her, and Chris doing his thing has worked for him. Who knows, Adam and his thing.. may very well work for him and I for one, hope it does!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

It's funny. Fans of Adam at the FORT seem to dislike his "Ring of Fire" because it's an odd intrepretation of the song. I, on the other hand, am no fan of Adam's performances except for his "Ring of Fire," because it was unusual and he didn't scream it. My only disappointment is finding out that the performance was based on someone else's original interpretation of the Johnny Cash song. Oh well.

Again, I really haven't liked most of Adam's performances, but I think it's unfair for people to call him arrogant. He's shown a lot of professionalism, and I think it's great that he can smile serenely during Simon's comments. Adam's a pro and doesn't take critiques personally. That's much better than the contestants who look like they're about to wither and die on the stage when Simon talks.

And Adam is correct, his "Ring of Fire" wasn't going to be to everyone's taste. So what? This American Idol, after all, the king of tasteless shows (especially results nights). Regarding Johnny and June Cash, I think they would have been fine with the interpretation. They were hip songwriters, and songwriters love to have as many people as possible perform their works, especially in uncoventional genres.

---

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Well I'll weigh in. Fan of Adam. Fan of Bollywood. Fan of Cash. Loved, loved, LOVED Adam's rendition of RoF. That he can bend those notes like Indian music was incredible. He showed amazing control. I hope he goes far in the comp. I have a tendency to stop watching when I don't like anyone left after my favorites are gone.
    Count your blessings!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3388476;
    Well I'll weigh in. Fan of Adam. Fan of Bollywood. Fan of Cash. Loved, loved, LOVED Adam's rendition of RoF. That he can bend those notes like Indian music was incredible. He showed amazing control. I hope he goes far in the comp. I have a tendency to stop watching when I don't like anyone left after my favorites are gone.
    Wow, now thats about as dead on as it gets.

Adam is a showman. Thats what its about, he has this vocal talent that over and over shocks me.. and in a good way. He will do well NOT to win this season, I hope he is around long enough for me to get more of him.. but I would rather him not be locked in to TPTB's ideas of what they want to market.

I can't wait to see him Big Band Week

I am pretty sure Danny is going to win this season, but in the end, Adam may come out the real winner like Chris did the season Taylor won.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I liiked Adam on MJ week and didn't care for him that much on ROF. I do, however, find it refreshing to not have a contestant constantly talk back to the judges. When they constantly try to makes snide remarks back or go on endlessly like Brooke did, it just comes off as unprofessional.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have to say I was not an Adam fan, but he too is growing on me. Not my favorite but still growing. I was a big (and sorta still am) Danny fan; however, I believe he is acting a bit more arrogant these days. I don't remember Adam really talking back, just Lil' last performance. I have heard many times that Adam doesn't need this competition, but HE DOES. He has obviously been trying to make it big, and who knew Adam before American Idol? So I say good for him. It also is nice to see a different type on AI (his EMO or whatever you call it these days - someone said SCENE? SEEN? but ?). Nowhere before have we seen an Adam in this competition.

I personally was glad to see RoF. He was true to himself and isn't that what they tell us all the time "know what kind of artist you are"? It was a bit dark but HELLO! Have you seen Adam? He is scary. LOL

I grew up with Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin - hearing all the screaming. I was the only one in my crowd that hated all the screaming. I was Fleetwood Mac, Styx and Boston fan. But now I just really think Adam is needed in the competition for now.

I for one would like him to sing a more mellow version of any song. Any screaming group has at least one really nice ballad. Would like to see that side of Adam.

Why was Adam mocking ROF ? It was just his artistic interpretation of it. At least allow him that.

+ Reply to Thread