+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert's AMA Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3757117;

People can advise that they were thoroughly disgusted by Adam's performance without that equating to them being perfectly okay with Madonna, Lady Gaga, or Janet Jackson's antics. The incidents can stand on their own. Every tit doesn't have to have a tat. ()
    But the point is relevant since Janet was on the same show as Adam and she opened it right in the so-called family hour at 8PM by grabbing a guy's crotch. If that was a-okay with everyone at 8PM then by 11PM adding a male-on-male kiss to that hardly qualifies as an outrage. I think there is an ugly subtext to many of the over-the-top protest comments - and not specifically in this thread - that is way more disgusting than what went on on stage.

All in all though, Adam is not hurting. He's been trending on Twitter for days, he's been on every front page online there is and the articles have been quite positive. His album is holding steady in the Top 5 on iTunes, Amazon, etc. and according to Billboard Magazine his first week sales will be more than good.

Adam was on the Early Show on CBS this morning where he gave a great interview, took questions from the crowd then performed two perfect songs live. He looked and sounded like the absolute star he is. CBS said some people there even flew in from as far away as Japan just to see him. ABC have just been owned.

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me - CBS Early Show
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 11-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3757161;
    The difference between Adam Lambert and all these other "entertainers" (I use the word entertainer loosely since I and many others are clearly NOT entertained by their antics) is that he came from a television show called "American Idol"...watched by impressionable children and teens and IMO has a responsibility to behave himself.

If he wanted to perform like he did on the AMAs....he should have stayed away from the Idol machine.

Thank God he did not win....and again, IMO....Idol did not want him to win.

ETA - I just read the above post and agree with angelic one2002.
    To each his own indeed. All I can do is make sure my money doesn't go to support or approve of what I consider poor taste.
    ITA. My whole family was hoping for Adam to win AI because he seemed to have the best voice. So, what if my kids wanted to watch the AMAs to see him? Was that performance appropriate for the audience he built during AI? His AI experience is completely relevant at this time! That is where his fans came from! Would that performance be appropriate for 12 year olds is a valid question.

P.S. are we not even talking about him in the "American Idol" thread? Not the "Celebrity Gossip" one!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3757198;
    But the point is relevant since Janet was on the same show as Adam and she opened it right in the so-called family hour at 8PM by grabbing a guy's crotch. If that was a-okay with everyone at 8PM then by 11PM adding a male-on-male kiss to that hardly qualifies as an outrage. I think there is an ugly subtext to many of the over-the-top protest comments - and not specifically in this thread - that is way more disgusting than what went on on stage.
    But again... who is saying that it's a-okay for Janet Jackson? Just because people are complaining about Adam Lambert does not mean that they think that her performance was fine.

And the male on male kiss isn't what has people outraged, either. I've yet to see anyone single that out as the solitary source of their ire. The shoving another man's face in his crotch, the dragging a female dancer across the stage on a leash, the kiss.. everything in it's entirety that has people outraged.

But I am NOT disagreeing with you that there is an ugly subtext that is being allowed to percolate in many of the protest comments... just not all. It goes hand in hand with part of the discussion about Glee at the moment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3757214;
    Would that performance be appropriate for 12 year olds is a valid question.
    No, it wouldn't be... if it was at, say, 8PM at night. But he was on TV late night at 11PM. My 11 year old was not awake and she did not see the performance even though she is a fan. I knew the performance was going to be off the chain so that was my decision to not let her see it. Besides, at that hour of the night she's not watching TV of any kind anyway.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3757161;
    The difference between Adam Lambert and all these other "entertainers" (I use the word entertainer loosely since I and many others are clearly NOT entertained by their antics) is that he came from a television show called "American Idol"...watched by impressionable children and teens and IMO has a responsibility to behave himself.

If he wanted to perform like he did on the AMAs....he should have stayed away from the Idol machine.

Thank God he did not win....and again, IMO....Idol did not want him to win.

ETA - I just read the above post and agree with angelic one2002.
    To each his own indeed. All I can do is make sure my money doesn't go to support or approve of what I consider poor taste.
    Totally agree, french dip. I'd rather support the musicians who focus on the vocal talent. But when vocal talent is mixed in with all that Glam drama (crap, to me) forget it.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 11-25-2009 at 02:13 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3757198;

Adam was on the Early Show on CBS this morning where he gave a great interview, took questions from the crowd then performed two perfect songs live. He looked and sounded like the absolute star he is. CBS said some people there even flew in from as far away as Japan just to see him. ABC have just been owned.

Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me - CBS Early Show
    I have only seen the performance for What Do You Want From Me, do you know if I can find the other one on-line?

He was flawless and I loved the interview.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Forget my previous post, I found it on youtube. The quality of the video was not the best but Music Again is probably my favorite song on the CD
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3757223;
    No, it wouldn't be... if it was at, say, 8PM at night. But he was on TV late night at 11PM. My 11 year old was not awake and she did not see the performance even though she is a fan. I knew the performance was going to be off the chain so that was my decision to not let her see it. Besides, at that hour of the night she's not watching TV of any kind anyway.
    The AMAs were on at 7 pm here (central time zone). It is not considered "late night television" until 10 pm. So, his little act was definitely within normal family-watching time. No big deal for a middle-school student to stay up to watch the guy they voted for like crazy during American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3757757;
    The AMAs were on at 7 pm here (central time zone). It is not considered "late night television" until 10 pm. So, his little act was definitely within normal family-watching time. No big deal for a middle-school student to stay up to watch the guy they voted for like crazy during American Idol.
    Janet Jackson grabbed a guy's crotch then pulled his head close to hers right at the start of the show and I didn't hear much fuss made about that. Rihanna's dancers brandished Uzis around. Eminem sang about raping more than a dozen women. Lady Gaga sat on that stool with her legs wide open and smashed whiskey bottles on her keyboards and sang about "vertigo sticks". I could go on. This was all way before the officially sanctioned start of late night. But I guess none of that was bad enough for middle school kids' eyes.

FORT Fogey

I'm not an AI fan (not enough time) and I'm not an Adam fan because I haven't really ehard him sing. I only know Adam from his appearances on various news and other shows he's been on.

Here's my impression of the current flap--

IMO he is right whren he says this is a discriminatory reacton. Yep--they have been showing the Madonna/Brittney smooch every time they talk about "what Adam did."

Very hypocritical.

And ABC is the biggest hypocrit of all. I didn't get to see it but I am soooo glad that CBS invited Adam when he was booted from GMA.

Apparently a lot of network execs find male homosexuals/bisexuals to be quite threatening while woman/woman situations they find to be "of interest."

Old f*** hypocrits.

+ Reply to Thread