+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3753288;
    This guy doesn't need a drop of autotune and there isn't any on this album. If anybody can sing in tune it's Adam Lambert. Same can't be said for anyone else who came out of this season.
    Perhaps autotune isn't the terminology that I want to use. I'd compare a lot of it to like how they mix Cher's music.. or Shakespear's Sister. Altered.

And I would agree... no, Adam doesn't need assistance with his voice. I'm not trying to say that at all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3753337;
    Perhaps autotune isn't the terminology that I want to use. I'd compare a lot of it to like how they mix Cher's music.. or Shakespear's Sister. Altered.

And I would agree... no, Adam doesn't need assistance with his voice. I'm not trying to say that at all.
    I don't know what you mean about "altered" either. He sings all the harmonies and all his background tracks and they're all mixed to perfection. There's a lot of modern production married to 80s synth rock and electronica elements, incredibly nuanced and diverse stuff. Hell, there's even a Led Zeppelin riff or two on a couple of tracks. It's certainly not the usual, sing-to-you-grandma-at-Disneyland kind of mealy-mouthed sound-alike vanilla schlock that normally comes out of AI. For that kind of stuff look no further than the other guy's album.

And I appreciate the fact that it's so far from the same old, same old very much both because I'm not into vanilla music and because I haven't been even a little bit tempted by ANY of the music that AI alums have produced before even from people I liked during the show except for maybe two or three singles here and there from Kelly and Michael Johns. This is the first album after 8 seasons that I pre-ordered right when it became available.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Today’s Spincrease from the Top 40 Chart seems to lend some credence to the second single rumors.

The first number is the amount of new spins & the second number shows the number of stations playing the song. This says that more stations are playing the new song, but it hasn’t moved into a high rotation just yet.

ADAM LAMBERT Whataya Want From Me 92 44
    ADAM LAMBERT For Your Entertainment 90 29

I must say this is all a bit weird, especially since to the best of my knowledge the video hasn't even been released yet. Perhaps, they are pulling the plug to early, or perhaps the feedback has been so negative that measures had to be taken.

This is not uncommon. Plenty of people have two singles out at the same time. It's not the usual AI modus operandi but then there's nothing business as usual about Adam. Besides, it's no big secret that Whatya Want From Me is the second single; says so right there on his official website. Who cares anyway? Both songs are great and if FYE is not your speed - don't like the lyrics, can't deal with the sex vibe, whatever - the other song is perfect radio fodder.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I have heard For Your Entertainment once on the radio, a week or so back. But not since. Anecdotal evidence, but take it for what you will.

I like the new/second/whatever single much better. His voice is amazing but I just can't get into the lyrics enough to buy it. Maybe after a few more listens, I'll change my mind

If anyone in the eastern or central time zones are going to watch Adam on the AMA's tonight could you please post how long into the show he comes on? I want to see him but I don't want to watch the whole awards show. Thanks for the !!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3755005;
    If anyone in the eastern or central time zones are going to watch Adam on the AMA's tonight could you please post how long into the show he comes on? I want to see him but I don't want to watch the whole awards show. Thanks for the !!
    Adam is closing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3755008;
    Adam is closing the show.
    Really, WOW! Thanks so much for the info, now I hope I can stay awake that long!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

One word............ disgusting - blech!!
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Well, the singing wasn't good at all - which is so unexpected of Adam. I wish they had scaled back the complicated production and just let him sing. Apparently RCA and ABC think he is this huge star - but he's still very green. He needs a year out on the road living with the material and audiences, then he could come back and do something like this and really kill.

Gotta give major props, though for gracefully covering the trip on the stairs. It wasn't until I watched the playbak that I realized the roll with the cane wasn't choreographed.

Anyway, this is just Day One of a long career. He's got a lot of good music and performances ahead of him.

+ Reply to Thread