+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Here is a bit of info regarding Kris & Adam’s release dates & some of the bigger competition they are going to face.

Nov. 17th

Kris Allen - Kris Allen
    Norah Jones - The Fall
    Leona Lewis - Echo J.
    John Mayer - Battle Studies
    Katy Perry - MTV Unplugged
    Rush - Working Men
    One Republic - Waking Up
    Paul McCartney - Good Evening New York City

Nov. 24th

Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment
    Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream
    Tom Petty - Live Anthology
    Beyonce - I Am Sasha Fierce, Delux Edition
    Boyz II Men - Love
    Shakira - She Wolf
    Enya - The Very Best of

So, who has the best chance of topping the charts considering their competition on release week…Kris or Adam?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3745494;
    Here is a bit of info regarding Kris & Adam’s release dates & some of the bigger competition they are going to face.

Nov. 17th

Kris Allen - Kris Allen
    Norah Jones - The Fall
    Leona Lewis - Echo J.
    Rush - Working Men
    One Republic - Waking Up

Nov. 24th

Boyz II Men - Love
    Shakira - She Wolf
    Enya - The Very Best of

So, who has the best chance of topping the charts considering their competition on release week…Kris or Adam?
    Adam's album is coming out on November 23rd. The date has been corrected weeks ago.

Other acts releasing on Nov 23 are:

Britney Spears - Singles Collection
    Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster Deluxe although that has been modified slightly now and she's coming out with a different version, still on the same day though. Can't wait!
    Beyonce
    Shakira
    Rihanna

As for who has a better chance to top the charts, Kris or Adam, I don't think it matters. Idol is over and they're not in competition with each other.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3745606;
    Adam's album is coming out on November 23rd. The date has been corrected weeks ago.

Other acts releasing on Nov 23 are:

Britney Spears - Singles Collection
    Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster Deluxe although that has been modified slightly now and she's coming out with a different version, still on the same day though. Can't wait!
    Beyonce
    Shakira
    Rihanna

As for who has a better chance to top the charts, Kris or Adam, I don't think it matters. Idol is over and they're not in competition with each other.
    I only put a few of the competing albums up...sorry for the incomplete list. I knew the date had been changed, but I'm still not sure exactly why.

I didn't put this up here for competition purposes. I think both have a shot of having a #1.

Didn't mean to upset you so.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3745665;

Didn't mean to upset you so.
    Uhmm, what? Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say I was upset.

I corrected the date and offered my opinion which still stands. It's not a competition and it really, really doesn't matter who makes it where between the two of them. At least I don't give a damn.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3745494;

Nov. 17th

Kris Allen - Kris Allen
    Norah Jones - The Fall
    Leona Lewis - Echo J.
    Rush - Working Men
    One Republic - Waking Up

Nov. 24th

Boyz II Men - Love
    Shakira - She Wolf
    Enya - The Very Best of

I think/hope that Adam has the better chance due to the fact that his fans are mad crazy over him (myself included)! I have had the release date circled on my calendar for months now and I can't wait. I'm still confused over the 23rd or the 24th but you can bet that I will be at the store on the 23rd.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Perhaps a comparison rather than a competition. Kris is releasing the same day as top selling pop artists release their new music. Adam is releasing on a day when established artists of very different genres are releasing compilations of previous work.

Actually those two dates in November look like a win win for all the artists involved. Paul McCartney has something new? Yay.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3745826;
    Perhaps a comparison rather than a competition. Kris is releasing the same day as top selling pop artists release their new music. Adam is releasing on a day when established artists of very different genres are releasing compilations of previous work.

Actually those two dates in November look like a win win for all the artists involved. Paul McCartney has something new? Yay.
    Nov 23rd is a plum date to release albums, hence big names like Beyonce and Lady Gaga are releasing on that day. In Adam's case, his album drops one day after his AMA performance, so that may have been the reason to move the date up by a day.

Personally, I see no need for, nor am I interested in, comparisons between them. As I said, Idol is over for Adam and he is out there now fending for himself in the big world. Comparisons between him and or anyone else from the last season, IMO, serve no purpose.

To the Point

MsFroggy, I agree that there really should be no competition or comparison. Let's face it though, the "competition/comparison" never seems to go away. That is one of the big negatives as a result of being on this show in my opinion. It's one of the things that makes me crazy and I haven't spent a great deal of time watching. It's a great tool but it does come with it's drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3747009;
    MsFroggy, I agree that there really should be no competition or comparison. Let's face it though, the "competition/comparison" never seems to go away. That is one of the big negatives as a result of being on this show in my opinion. It's one of the things that makes me crazy and I haven't spent a great deal of time watching. It's a great tool but it does come with it's drawbacks.
    I have never cared one iota about a previous Idol after they left the show because none of them were worth my attention. I think this year specifically comparisons should be left out of the equation... and not for Adam's sake.

Adam's album was added for preorder on iTunes around midnight last night. It is now at #1 in Pop Albums and #10 on the Main Albums chart.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3737735;
    I really hate to say this but I do not like this cover. It's just not what I had expected I guess.
    I agree. I like Adam, but the album cover and his new single not so much. Just seems too...manufactured? Not sure if that's the right word, but that's all I can think of.

I do like the cover pic for the single though

+ Reply to Thread