+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Well, the Oprah appearance was a bust. After being voted by her audience as the reality star they wanted to see the most, he had to do an abbreviated interview from LA via Skype. He said it was a mad rush to get the album ready. Anyway, Oprah invited him back when the album is released. Maybe then, he will sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3739616;
    Well, the Oprah appearance was a bust. After being voted by her audience as the reality star they wanted to see the most, he had to do an abbreviated interview from LA via Skype. He said it was a mad rush to get the album ready. Anyway, Oprah invited him back when the album is released. Maybe then, he will sing.
    And if he sings his totally HOT new single "For Your Entertainment" that just premiered on Ryan Seacrest's show this morning Oprah might need to put up a possible heart attack warning before the show, LOL. The lyrics... not your momma's AI alum crap that's for sure. Can't wait till he does this at the AMA's!

Here's his single cover. Can you say badass?

"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Listen to his single here:

The Official Adam Lambert Site

That photo is worse than the album cover.

Love love love the new single!

Here is Adam's tweet regarding the album cover:

adamlambert

Thank you to those who appreciate and understand that the album cover is deliberately campy. It's an omage to the past. It IS ridiculous.

edit: Listened to the single - is that a didgeridoo in the rhythm section? Compelling mix of voice and music.

One more note - the female singer's weaves make the music.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-30-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3739632;
    Love love love the new single!
    Love your av! That cover is so sick!

According to Entertainment Weekly, the single will be available on iTunes on Monday.

This is and excerpt from another article from MTV.com:

Adam Lambert Debuts New Single, 'For Your Entertainment' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

"I am so excited, I popped right out of bed," he said. "Turn it up really loud, guys! I know it's really early, but turn it up!" Seacrest then hit play. "For Your Entertainment" is a synth-heavy pop club tune or, as Lambert put it, "dance music with a glam rock shuffle beat." There are echoes of Lady Gaga, countless '80s tunes and, during the chorus, "Fame." He doesn't show off his vocal range until the end, when he unleashes some of his signature yells.

The single was produced by Dr. Luke, who has worked with Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, Daughtry and Mos Def, and written with Claude Kelly, whose credits include collaborations with Spears, Clarkson and Miley Cyrus.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3739624;
    That photo is worse than the album cover.
    I actually would of liked this one to have been the album cover.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Hey, I kind of like them both!
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Adam Lambert and Drake LaBry Call It Quits

Adam Lambert and Drake LaBry are over.

A source confirms to Usmagazine.com that the American Idol runner-up, 27, and the interior designer, 24, have ended their relationship.

"They're still friends, and it's totally mutual," the source tells Us. "They will still talk and see each other."

And there's very little drama behind the split, the pal says. It's all about timing -- and Lambert's on-the-launchpad career.

"Adam is crazy busy right now getting the album done and squeezing in rehearsals," the source tells Us, referring to Lambert's debut album, For Your Entertainment, out Nov. 23. "They both felt this moment is too important for Adam to focus on anything else but getting this album out and having it be a huge hit."

Lambert officially came out to the public in June via a Rolling Stone cover story. "I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay," he told the magazine.

That same month, he and LaBry were first spotted holding hands and getting "very flirtatious" at West Hollywood club Guys and Dolls.
    Link

Song snippets of all 14 tracks from Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment" album appeared on Amazon.co.uk yesterday. It's an incredibly diverse yet cohesive sounding album and like absolutely nothing that has ever come out of Idol. Which is a very, very good thing. The Rivers Cuomo - oh, yeah, Weezer boy! - track is killer and "Broken Open" which Adam co-wrote is out of this world fantastic. Can't wait to hear all of it!

Adam Lambert Song Clips Hit The Web - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Adam Lambert Song Clips Hit The Web
    For Your Entertainment songs previewed with 30-second samples on Amazon's UK site.

By Gil Kaufman

After months of hype, Glamberts finally got a chance on Tuesday (November 3) to check out Adam Lambert's debut album, For Your Entertainment. And while the "American Idol" runner-up's coming-out disc is still a few weeks away from its official November 23 release date, Amazon's U.K. site posted 30-second clips of all the songs on the CD, which promises to be every bit as over-the-top as the singer has promised.

And, in case there was any doubt, the clips confirm his promise that "glam is back."

The songs include the throbbing title-track first single, as well as the collaboration with "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi, "Strut," a chugging slab of glam rock with some '80s-hair-metal-worthy guitar and a mix of Lambert's falsetto and lower register. There's also the new-wave-y ballad "Whataya Want From Me," which bounces along on a bed of churning guitars and was written by Pink and radio-pop maestro Max Martin. Like "Whataya Want," the disco ball-spinning raver "If I Had You" sounds a bit like a dancefloor remix of a Kelly Clarkson outtake, slathered with Lambert's signature winking sensuality.

And, of course, there are ballads, such as the sweeping, Linda Perry-co-written "A Loaded Smile," which has Lambert pining over mechanical-sounding drums and weepy synthesizers, and "Broken Open," an icy tearjerker that plays out over chilly keyboards and a spare, haunting beat.

Lambert has plenty of space to get loose, as on the "We Will Rock You"-style thumper "Sure Fire Winners" and the hair-metal stomper "Music Again," a mystically powerful rock song that bears the heavy influence of co-writer and spandex-loving British wailer Justin Hawkins, formerly of the equally falsetto-tastic band the Darkness.

It's not hard to pick out the influence of OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder on "Sleepwalker," which falls into the singer-songwriter's growing canon of majestic/ominous-sounding ballads, such as Beyoncé's "Halo." There's also no mistaking the song that Lambert was so excited to work on, the Lady Gaga collabo "Fever," a preening bit of carnival pop that allows Lambert to indulge in some vocal bump-n'-grind as he sings like a naughty, gritty-voiced carnival barker over a throbbing beat and bouncy keyboards.

The album will also feature the bonus track "Time for Miracles," the bombastic ballad from the disaster movie "2012." Other tracks include the big-screen piano ballad "Soaked," which could rightly be mistaken for a B-side from collaborators Muse, the mid-tempo rocker "Aftermath" and a yearning pop-rock song co-written with Weezer's Rivers Cuomo, "Pick U Up."

+ Reply to Thread