+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Adam Lambert Confirms Collaboration With Lady Gaga - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Adam Lambert Confirms Collaboration With Lady Gaga
    'Gaga just gets it, ya know?' 'American Idol' runner-up tweets.

By Gil Kaufman, with additional reporting by Jim Cantiello

Talk about a Fame Monster. As details about Adam Lambert's debut album continue to slowly leak out like the helium from Balloon Boy's spaceship, the "American Idol" runner-up dropped a glitter bomb early Tuesday morning (October 20) when he revealed that he's been working with Lady Gaga.

"Yes it's true: I spent yesterday in the studio w the insanely talented and creative Lady Gaga recording a song that she wrote! I love her," Lambert tweeted.

Ever since Lady Gaga appeared on an "American Idol" results show this spring, fans have begged the two to collaborate. Just last week, the "Idol" rocker dismissed rumors that he would be joining Gaga on her Monster Ball Tour. News of an alleged Gaga/Lambert duet, however, spread on Monday when songwriter Ruth-Anne Cunningham tweeted that she'd dropped by a recording session where the two artists were working together. (A publicist for Lady Gaga would not comment when asked about it by MTV News yesterday afternoon.)

On his Twitter, Lambert revealed that the hookup was not just some experiment, but that Gaga came armed with music she'd crafted specifically for the glam-rock-loving singer. "Gaga wrote the song a while ago, and she thought it would be a good fit for me," he wrote. "It's a solo track. I feel so honored and lucky to be asked.

"Gaga just gets it, ya know?" he added. A spokesperson for Lambert could not be reached at press time to confirm if the song, whose title was not revealed, will be included on his upcoming major label debut, For Your Entertainment, out November 23.

Lambert recently told MTV News that he is waiting to finish recording before he selects his first single, and he expected to wrap up sessions this week. A song he recorded for the disaster movie "2012," called "Time for Miracles," leaked this past weekend, but it is not an album single.

Here's what else we know so far about Lambert's album: Lady Gaga producer RedOne and Rob Cavallo, who produced Green Day's American Idiot, have both worked on Entertainment. And the song titles could include "Suburban Decay," "Music Again," "Winners," "What Do You Want From Me" (a leftover from Pink's Funhouse album, co-written by Max Martin and Pink), "Loaded Smile" by Lambert and Linda Perry, and a collaboration with "Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi called "Strut."
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Watch Adam's "Time for Miracles" video on Myspace Music:

MySpace Music: Bands, Music Videos, Concerts, Tour Dates, Musicians, Artists
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Another BIG WOW! Powerful images combined with his power voice makes for a magical performance.

OT: Is the world saved once again at the end of this movie? For once, I would like to see it destroyed...no survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3733072;
    Watch Adam's "Time for Miracles" video on Myspace Music:

MySpace Music: Bands, Music Videos, Concerts, Tour Dates, Musicians, Artists
    My oh my oh my! That was freaking awesome!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Hey lambert Fans. Adam will be on this Thursday episode of Oprah. I can't wait to see him!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

OK - ready for this?? This is the real deal:

What do you think?

I really hate to say this but I do not like this cover. It's just not what I had expected I guess.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Hah! Totally space alien glam, futuristic, retro Bowie-esque, anime, gender-bending, androgynous and in your face. It's all 80s glam and space alien at the same time and not your run-of-the-mill boring AI crap cover at all. Nor did I expect one and would've have been bummed had I seen something like what the other idols did.

Me like!

FORT Fogey

There is a lot that I love about Adam Lambert. I think he is the most talented singer I've ever seen on Idol. But this cover illustrates the things I don't like about him as an artist. The only thing real on this cover is his eyes. Everything else is fake: the make-up, the hair, the retouching - that isn't even the real shape of his face. Adam is all about the show, the costumes, the make-up. "For Your Entertainment", as the album title says. He wants to create something beautiful - but beautiful in a superficial way. That's fine and I'm sure this will be a great party record, but I want to know what he feels; where has his heart been broken; what touches his soul. Adam never goes there.

Which is all OK; and I don't mean this as a put-down of Adam. It's just an explanation of the gap between Adam's calling as an entertainer and where I am. My party days are well behind me. I really respect his talent, and I hope when he is a bit older he'll have something that he wants to say. I'll be listening because I love that voice.

I think this cover is about as "superficial" as any Bowie cover. Besides, we have heard no new material yet from the album so I'm not sure how it can be determined that "Adam never goes there" when it comes to getting personal. And he did "go there" many a time on Idol. I doubt anyone will soon forget "Mad World" or "A change is gonna come" or "Tracks of my tears". Moreover, some of the most personal, deeply affecting lyrics have been written for uptempo songs. Aretha Franklin's "I will survive" anyone? And I've yet to see a modern day Bob Dylan spring forth from the AI womb, nor do I expect one.

I'll take this kind of uniqueness any day over some boring been-there-done-that, dime-a-dozen boiler plate, Nickelback 2.0 or watered down Jason Mraz Idol CD any day.

+ Reply to Thread