+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

November 24th, mark your calender! Adam's album will be released!! Whoo hoo
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

This article is not quite new but it's about the theme song Adam recorded for the new "2012" movie that's coming out in the fall:

Lambert’s “2012 ” Song Is “Truly Sensational,” Brian May Says : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Lambert’s “2012 ” Song Is “Truly Sensational,” Brian May Says

When Adam Lambert visited the Rolling Stone offices recently, the American Idol runner-up told us that he was working on a top-secret film soundtrack. Now, thanks to Queen guitarist Brian May’s blog, we know what movie will feature one of Lambert’s first post-Idol songs: The apocalyptic flick 2012. According to May, Lambert and American Idiot producer Rob Cavallo teamed up for the track, Towleroad reports. 2012 hits theaters November 13th, and Lambert’s debut album is also due out in November.

“I have to say I was completely blown away … it’s truly sensational,” May wrote on his blog after hearing the 2012 track. “In fact it’s so obviously a number one smash, any bookie would be mad to take bets on it. I am not kidding.” The compliments didn’t end there from May, whose former bandmate Freddie Mercury is one of Lambert’s avowed influences. “I’m not easily moved to jelly by male vocalists … but Adam’s voice reaches out with sensitivity, depth, maturity, and awesome range and power which will make jaws drop all around the world. It’s an awesome performance. No doubt about it. The world of Rock has a bright new star,” May writes.

Lambert previously impressed May when the Wild Idol performed with Queen during the Season Eight finale of American Idol. After the show, rumors began circulating that May would recruit Lambert to be Queen’s new vocalist after the exit of Paul Rodgers, but May was quick to snuff the rumors. “It’s not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn’t that easy. But I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there,” May told Rolling Stone. “I’m confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I’m there to see it.” Turns out, May was one of the first to hear it.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3692209;
    This article is not quite new but it's about the theme song Adam recorded for the new "2012" movie that's coming out in the fall:

Lambert’s “2012 ” Song Is “Truly Sensational,” Brian May Says : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
    I just watch a History Channel piece on Nostradamus and the 2012 convergence apocalyptic theory (the sun will align at the middle of our galaxy in the dark rift zone for the first time in 65,000 years) Adam's voice can be very haunting and I'm sure will be a wonderful fit for this end of the world themed movie. I can't wait to hear him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just watched an interview with Adam and the song that is for the movie will not be his first single. He said that he song for the movie won't even be on his album. He did say that it is a classic rock song. Wish I could find a sample of it! Can't wait until November!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Adam is on the front page of RollingStone.com again and has a full page article and picture in their latest issue, the one with Megan Fox on the cover. This is what they have to say about his new album that will be coming out in November. Don't know whether "Strut" will be his first single or not but it sounds good:

Adam Lambert
    TBD 11/24

LOWDOWN: If you dig downer ballads, Adam Lambert's debut album isn't for you. "I want it to be positive — no negativity or whining," says the American Idol runner-up, who calls his LP "nouveau-glam pop-rock." Lambert, who co-wrote several tracks, corralled an A-list lineup to help craft the disc's club-ready tunes: Max Martin, Lady Gaga producer RedOne, OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder and Linda Perry. He also reunited with Idol judge Kara DioGuardi to pen "Strut," a Depeche Mode-meets-Queen self-empowerment anthem that highlights Lambert's dramatic falsetto.
    Rolling Stone's 2009 Fall Music Preview : Rolling Stone
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Adam Lambert's new album went up for pre-order on Amazon US midday Sunday. It was up to #2 on the Music sales chart within hours with no picture, no title, no promotion, no press release from RCA, not even a name or release date for his first single. It's still there now with an old picture.

Lambert riot
    Debut album beating Madonna in sales, weeks before release

By MJ SANTILLI

Last Updated: 3:02 AM, September 29, 2009

Posted: 12:55 AM, September 29, 2009
    'AMERICAN Idol" runner- up Adam Lambert is big ger than Madonna and even The Beatles. Within hours of making his yet-to-be-released album available for pre-order on Amazon.com, a frenzy of ordering drove Lambert's ranking all the way to No. 2 on the online retailer's bestsellers list.

That put Lambert ahead of Madonna, The Beatles and world-wide sensation Susan Boyle. Lambert's album won't be released until Nov. 24. The only CD that out-ranked him yesterday was Barbra Streisand's first new record in four years. The sky-rocket sales seem to indicate two things: that "Idol" packs an unprecedented punch in the music business and that Lambert, like Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry in past seasons, may quickly overshadow the singer who beat him in the final vote, Kris Allen.

Remarkably, Lambert's record company, RCA, did not announce that it was taking pre-release orders. The sales were all propelled by word of mouth. Lambert and his fellow Top 10 "Idols," including Allen and 4th-place finisher Allison Iraheta wrapped up their "American Idols Live" tour a few weeks ago.

Fans, left without their daily fix, have been scouring the Internet for news of their "Idol" favorites. It was during one of these searches, early Sunday morning, when a Lambert fan discovered that Adam's album was available. Within hours, word of the album's availability on Amazon spread across the Internet. The online social networking site, Twitter, lit up with the news. Fans traveled from "Idol" blogs to Lambert fanboards to spread the word to other fans. Soon, the album, which has yet to be named, began climbing up the Amazon Bestsellers List. By late Sunday afternoon, it hit No. 4. Later that evening, it peaked at No. 2.

Lambert has been working on his album with a slew of industry a-listers including Lady Gaga's producer RedOne, One Republic's Ryan Tedder and "Since U Been Gone" hit maker Max Martin. The album has also made its way onto several critics' "most anticipated" lists.
    Lambert riot

ETA: He's hit #1 now on Amazon US.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 09-29-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks for posting that Ms. Froggy. I can't wait to hear it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just listened to part of "TIME FOR MIRACLES" that has been posted at other places, and I am simply stunned at how beautiful his vocals are. I had (still have) chills all over. I am just so proud of Adam I can hardly contain myself. Now I want to hear the entire song so badly I can hardly stand it. He is going to have such a huge career, GO ADAM!

Here is the awesome new official video teaser for Adam's "Time for Miracles" from AOL.com:

2012 - Adam Lambert Music Teaser - AOL Video

Wow.
    I just listened to Time for Miracles on EW and his vocals are just amazing. So unmistakenly Adam.
    2012 is great, too.
    Did we expect anything less of him, though?!!
    Such a talent.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 10-10-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread