+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3506638;
    SS: I mean, really. Very cool. Who else would you like to work with?

AL: I would love to perform with Madonna because she's an incredible performer and a creative genius. I would love to perform with Queen again anytime. They were class acts. They were so genuine and positive. I would love to perform with Lady Gaga. She's like the freshest, newest, sickest thing. She's got some amazing ideas. I'd love to perform with Michael Jackson someday. That would be amazing. I'd love to sing with Muse the band someday. I have so many that I would like to perform with because to me performing is like playing. "Can Michael Jackson come out to play? Can Madonna come over to play?" It's like being a big kid.
    Ack.

I saw Adam Lambert and the American Idol tour in Tacoma (Seattle) WA. on July 7, 2009 I sat in the section to the roight of the stage and had good close up views. Adam was INCREDIBLE! Adam Lambert alone was worth the price of the tickets. His vocal range can just knock your socks off. However even when he was not stunning us with his brilliance his vocal quality was mesmerizing. I kept my ear plugs in for most of the show taking them out for Adam Lambert so I could actually hear the nuance in his phrasing. I think he could sing in any venue at all. He has a gift and I am so happy he is able to share it with so many of us.

Adam could sing the entire second half of the show.

As far as I am concerned they can rename the show ADAM and the Idols
    Last edited by Candybar; 07-28-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: formatting errors

FORT Fogey

@AdamLambert has his twitter account back. He sent a bubbletweet from backstage in Baltimore.

FORT Fogey

Some Adam Lambert family items. Adam's mother Lelia and his brother Neil attended the Newark concert this past weekend. Neil wrote about it for his blog, Negative Neil. It's a hoot - sample below:

We take our seats fairly close to the stage and get comfortable. It takes about 8 minutes for the first crazy person to spot my mom and get teary on her. The next family is kind of neat, though: two little Jewish girls and their father who had flown from Israel to see Adam. Damn. It is at this point that I notice Mom begins to generate her own gravity and dozens of fans embark on a sort of exuberant-but-slow zombie shuffle in our direction... Mom has, by this point, become a small black hole.

Luckily, the lights begin to dim (and not because they can not longer escape Mom’s gravitational pull) and I am able to escape back to my seat in the darkness.
    “AMERICAN. IDOLS. LIVE.” Wow. They really take this thing seriously, hmm?
    “TEN. MICHAEL. SARVER.”
    It’s at this point that I realize heavy drinking is a necessity. Apparently there’s a bar somewhere above us that is selling Coors Light in plastic bottles. I’m not surprised that they don’t trust us.
    Visit Negative Neil because of his connection to Adam, but you may leave a fan of his writing. I did.

OK - another near Lambert relation has an article out: Why Sleeping with Adam Lambert’s Dad Is Too Complicated.

Am I the last person to know that Adam's parents are divorced and have been for years? I know, I know - this definitely falls into the "none of our business" category. And I'd be fine with that if not for the fact that I swear the AI producers did everything within their image-making power to give the impression that the Lamberts were one big happy progressive suburban family. What's up with that? They let Adam's sexuality dangle out there with a wink and a nod? But we don't want the country to know that Adam has a (sort-of) step mother just out of camera shot. From the article:

It was somewhere between the first few horrific audition weeks of scathing remarks from Simon and the last week when one of the American Idol directors grabbed my arm and pulled me out of a camera view of a “family shot” with the explanation, “Amy, I leave my conscience at home for this job,” that I introduced myself with my tacky quip (“I sleep with Adam Lambert’s dad” ) to the mother of contestant Megan Joy... I was standing with Adam’s dad and mom, Eber and Leila.

For weeks all of Middle America (who apparently not only believe everything Sarah Palin tells them, but also believe that reality TV is reality and not staged at all) had blogged about Eber and Leila. What a close family they seemed to be, the bloggers said, wasn’t it wonderful that they had stayed married after all these years? Even my own mother was sending me emails asking why every Wednesday night the show kept putting Eber and “and that other woman” next to each other. “That’s Adam’s mom,” I kept telling her.

But the whole thing–our entire raucous experience of American television’s circus–was about Adam, not about me. I don’t have many maternal instincts, but I do have one: the kid comes first. While bloggers and my mom continued to speculate and ask who is that other woman–the bloggers meant me, and my mom meant Leila (my mom’s level of concern much greater than any blogger) — I’ll be the first to state that this was never some big controversy. Eber and I tried our best to ignore it. Okay, he ignored it, and I cringed when I had to say, “He’s my boyfriend’s son”–like I just got a date with a rock star’s dad, like I’m a roadie, a statement way too temporary for what we all really are to one another.
    I don't want to leave the impression that Amy is trying to grab the spotlight - the whole article is just about how there is no term for a non-married spouse. (And may I just say, Amy, on behalf of the gay community: welcome to our world!)

My only point is that those AI producers are manipulative SOB's. Yeah, right - what else is new?!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-11-2009 at 01:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

The LA Times has published its four part series Adam Lambert: the Ultimate Interview. This not your usual "What do you think of Paula Adbul leaving American Idol?" interview. This is really more like the raw material for a biography. Maybe too much if you aren't a Lambert fan. But if you are, this will help fill in the gaps as to how the ruddy, plump, freckle faced kid became the Glambert.

FORT Fogey

Adam Lambert fans MUST drop everything and go over to Rickey.org to see the newly released photos. Here's a sample.

Now that is a photo I love of Adam. It just says I am star baby! I love Adam he definitely has the It! factor.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Those pics are really good! I love the contrast between the red shoes and his monochromatic look and the whole medieval knight meets 80's New Wave icon meets Jim Morrison meets GQ model thing he's got going in the rest of the pictures.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'm pleased to see that he seems so comfortable in those pics. He's definitely a showman.
    Thanks for posting Topcat!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

WOW!! What great pictures! Thanks for the link!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread