+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I think I'm over Adam. He was one of my faves on AI, but I don't like the way he's come across in recent TV interviews.
    Who knows? Maybe once I see his new music videos I'll be back in the fold? For now I've stopped caring. He seems less down to earth and more full of himself than he did on the show. Still think he's got awesome pipes though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3496949;
    I think I'm over Adam. He was one of my faves on AI, but I don't like the way he's come across in recent TV interviews.
    Who knows? Maybe once I see his new music videos I'll be back in the fold? For now I've stopped caring. He seems less down to earth and more full of himself than he did on the show. Still think he's got awesome pipes though.

I'd have to agree with you. He's definitely getting the most out of the media interest that he can - too bad the interest is focused on his sexual preferences. He needs to be careful before he becomes a Paris Hilton type or some other public figure who is willing to get any exposure, even if is merely by using shock value. People will tire of this act and tune out before he even gets to wow them with his music!

I just watched the 20/20 interview with Adam and I love him more that ever! He is so refreshing and I can't not wait until his album comes out later this year. I have never been that into American Idol but I bought my tickets today just to get a chance to hear/see him live. Can't wait!!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Just saw the 20/20 interview, and I thought it was really good. It covered a little bit of everything, music included. I don't think Adam will be a Paris Hilton type of star. He is being persued by the media because they know he is hot. Once the tour starts, and his cd comes out, the focus will be all on the music. I really really feel like he is on the brink of a huge career, and I couldn't be happier for him.

I am now trying to get tickets to the AI tour. Never thought I would do it, but I M.U.S.T. go see Adam. Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3498592;
    I'd have to agree with you. He's definitely getting the most out of the media interest that he can - too bad the interest is focused on his sexual preferences. He needs to be careful before he becomes a Paris Hilton type or some other public figure who is willing to get any exposure, even if is merely by using shock value. People will tire of this act and tune out before he even gets to wow them with his music!
    The reason for that is that he's been hounded by the press about the issue since pictures of him and his ex surfaced back during Top 13 on Idol. He finally said: You want an answer? I'll give you an answer and more, and went on to clear the deck of every single thing the press might have dug up about him and made room for his music. Who will ask him now whether he's gay or not? That's been covered, done with, old news, and the only thing left to talk about is his music.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by ladybugbaby;3492778;
    i wonder what kris is thinking now that adam has come out and admitted he was attracted to kris?
    I would imagine from what Kris has said and how he has acted towards Adam in the past that he is secure in his sexuality and takes it as a compliment. Although he might not be thrilled that Adam told the world if that's all he gets questioned about in the future.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Watched the 20 / 20 interview and was, once again, impressed with Adam. I think Adam is far too smart and too focused on his music / career to go the way of Paris Hilton.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3499584;
    Watched the 20 / 20 interview and was, once again, impressed with Adam. I think Adam is far too smart and too focused on his music / career to go the way of Paris Hilton.
    me too. it was a very good interview and he seemed to be completely at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3499776;
    me too. it was a very good interview and he seemed to be completely at ease.
    That's one of the traits that initially attracted me to him. He is so completely at ease in his own skin without showing an ounce of arrogance.

I agree, he's confident without being cocky.

+ Reply to Thread