+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Wow, gorgeous pic on that RS cover. Not fair that men should be that pretty.

Well, at least this article will end the speculation. Adam is in an interesting situation - there aren't that many openly gay celebrities that are so attractive to straight women. The star power he's generating is amazing. I hope not to be disappointed with his musical direction and eventual CD.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh yeah Adam definitely brings out the Cougar in me,lol.Can't wait to get the magazine!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3490893;
    Interesting that in RS, Adam says he was "semi-attracted" to his room-mate Kris and that Kris was totally his type!!! Maybe a little TMI for Kris!
    Funny that he actually said that. When I saw the pics last week of his boyfriend Drake, I thought: Hmmm.. short, thin, pretty boy from the south. Who does that remind me of????

Adam Lambert: I'm 'proud of my sexuality'
    By Alan Duke
    CNN

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert confirmed publicly what he assumed everyone already knew: He is gay.

Adam Lambert talks about his sexuality and his "Idol" experience in the new Rolling Stone.

"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I am gay," Lambert told Rolling Stone magazine.

He said he is "proud of my sexuality" and never sought to hide it during the "Idol" competition.

"I embrace it," he said. "It's just another part of me."

Still, he stayed silent when, in March, a picture of him, dressed in drag and kissing an ex-boyfriend, emerged online.

Lambert told Rolling Stone he was worried coming out would "be so sensationalized that it would overshadow what I was there to do, which was sing."

The photo was taken on one of the three or four times he's dressed in drag, Lambert said, "but 'sucking my boy's face? Yes, that I will own.' "

He took down all of the pictures on his Facebook and MySpace pages before the "Idol" season, but he forgot about another Web site profile that included the drag photo, he said. Watch Lambert pose with a snake for the cover

With the competition over, Lambert's public confirmation of his homosexuality is in preparation for the "American Idol" national tour, which starts next month.

He said he wanted to avoid "the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bulls--t."

"I find it very important to be in control of this situation," he said. "I feel like everyone has an opinion of me, and I want a chance to say, 'Well, do you want to hear how I really feel about all this?'"

Aiken, the runner-up on "Idol's" second season, dodged questions about his sexuality until coming out in People magazine last year.

Lambert said his coming out is not a political statement.

"I'm trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader," he said.

The Rolling Stone article revealed some "bi-curious" ambiguity for Lambert, whose tall, dark and handsome looks appealed to the female audience.

"I loved it this season when girls went crazy for me," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, it's all hot."

He said he is "kind of interested" in girls.

Lambert made another revelation to Rolling Stone that might not be expected.

His decision to audition for "American Idol" came after a week at Burning Man -- an annual festival held in a Nevada desert -- where he experimented with "certain funguses."

"I had a psychedelic experience where I looked up at the clouds and went, 'Oh!' " he said. "I realized that we all have our own power, and that whatever I wanted to do, I had to make happen."

And what he wanted to do was be on "American Idol," he said.

"I knew it was my only shot to be taken seriously in the recording industry, because it's fast and broad."
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3491401;
    Wow, gorgeous pic on that RS cover. Not fair that men should be that pretty.

Well, at least this article will end the speculation. Adam is in an interesting situation - there aren't that many openly gay celebrities that are so attractive to straight women. The star power he's generating is amazing. I hope not to be disappointed with his musical direction and eventual CD.
    I am straight and while I enjoyed several of his performances, in no way did I find him sexy or alluring. It would be like finding Freddie Mercury sexy... talented sure but sexy for me? No, I just knew he was gay and the allure for me as a woman was missing. I will say, he can be campy but does have to watch that he doesn't overdo it as most straight males will not get into that.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-09-2009 at 04:50 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar

Do you think that his ambiguity all this time allowed more straight woman to be attracted to him, even thought they knew in the back of their minds that he was gay? Technically speaking, they didn't have a chance with him whether he was gay or not , but the ambiguity may have given the semblance that they were potentially, qualitatively compatible. If so, that's a pretty savvy strategy on Adam's part.

I loved Adam, but his tongue did kinda freak me out.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3491575;
    I am straight and while I enjoyed several of his performances, in no way did I find him sexy or alluring. It would be like finding Freddie Mercury sexy... talented sure but sexy for me? No, I just knew he was gay and the allure for me as a woman was missing. I will say, he can be campy but does have to watch that he doesn't overdo it as most straight males will not get into that.
    Yeah. Adam is a lot of fun and stuff, but as a straight woman not particular hot. Finding out that a guy likes guys is kind of a turn off for me (I don't know why but it is) But I will admit that there are a lot of really hot men who are gay. (unfortuantely!)

But in the case of Adam, his clothes/nail polish/hair styles makes it hard for me to find him attractive at all, even if he was "straight." Without all that stuff he seems like he'd be pretty handsome. But his look makes it hard for me to think of him as attractive at all...

But honestly I'm just not sure Adam was ambigious at all about who he was. The first time I saw Adam at his audition, I thought he was gay.

Quote Originally Posted by BobDobolina;3491585;
    Do you think that his ambiguity all this time allowed more straight woman to be attracted to him, even thought they knew in the back of their minds that he was gay? Technically speaking, they didn't have a chance with him whether he was gay or not , but the ambiguity may have given the semblance that they were potentially, qualitatively compatible. If so, that's a pretty savvy strategy on Adam's part.

I loved Adam, but his tongue did kinda freak me out.
    Ab-so-lutely. The boy is smart as a whip, particularly with that "kind of interested in girls" remark.

I'm straight and cougar-ish and although Adam doesn't appeal to me personally, he definitely qualifies as sexy. That cover very much reminds me of the rock/metal vocalists of the past, particularly Robert Plant, who was so aggressively sexual in posed pictures and his onstage performances.

ETA: The RS photographer who did the Adam cover is Matthew Rolston. I'm looking at his site and it has some super-hot pictures of Lenny Kravitz along with a ton of other celebrities (including an awesome pic of Velvet Revolver in b&w).
    Last edited by AJane; 06-09-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3491743;
    Ab-so-lutely. The boy is smart as a whip, particularly with that "kind of interested in girls" remark.

I'm straight and cougar-ish and although Adam doesn't appeal to me personally, he definitely qualifies as sexy. That cover very much reminds me of the rock/metal vocalists of the past, particularly Robert Plant, who was so aggressively sexual in posed pictures and his onstage performances.
    But Robert Plant didn't perform so "flamboyantly". Sure he put the sexy out there, but you never wondered "Is he straight?". And I can't imagine Mr. Plant going all "glam". I knew from the start Adam was gay, I posted it on country week. He reminded me of Mark Harris(?), the man who was married to Martha Raye, dark hair, same facial look.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3491760;
    But Robert Plant didn't perform so "flamboyantly". Sure he put the sexy out there, but you never wondered "Is he straight?". And I can't imagine Mr. Plant going all "glam". I knew from the start Adam was gay, I posted it on country week. He reminded me of Mark Harris(?), the man who was married to Martha Raye, dark hair, same facial look.
    No, Plant wasn't glam, but he was viewed as a very flamboyant frontman. More masculine, yes. Looks-wise they are very different, absolutely...I guess I'm trying to quantify a quality that isn't really quantifiable. I know we were throwing around the Plant comparisons during the season, so maybe that's influencing me, but when I saw Adam sprawled out on that cover I instantly thought of Robert Plant.

+ Reply to Thread