+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Gah, he is fantastic! Glad he won that award

Here's an article on People online....its about Kris but here's the part about Adam....

Although he's encouraged people to keep speculating about his sexuality, Adam Lambert now says, "all your questions will be answered" in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone.

"Finally," he said at the 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards Sunday in Santa Monica, where he was named artist of the year. "Once and for all" he'll speak directly about the topic.

But the winner of American Idol, Kris Allen, 23, is already speaking out in support of his good friend and runner-up, praising Lambert for his openness.

"I think he's happier that he can be himself and it's nice," Allen says of Lambert, 27, stepping out with his friend Drake LaBry. "Adam is who he is and he's not afraid. I support him in whatever he does."
    Allen calls Lambert and LaBry's friendship a "cool combination," because they're so different. "Drake's from Louisiana and Adam is from L.A.," he says. "But they click well and they're really nice together."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Go Adam I am so happy for him.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

Does anybody know if Adam has signed a record deal with 19 Entertainment yet? I see that Kris announced is record deal this past weekend.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by domvan;3488564;
    Does anybody know if Adam has signed a record deal with 19 Entertainment yet? I see that Kris announced is record deal this past weekend.
    I'm pretty sure he already signed with someone. Heard him talking about it in an interview. Think they will wait a little while before it's publicly announced. I think he's already overshadowed Kris enough. Would be nice to give Kris one day in the news to himself

It's been rumored for two weeks now that he might sign with RCA, home of Daughtry, David Cook, Kelly Clarkson, DMB and Foo Fighters. It will probably be announced very soon either way now that he's definitely been signed somewhere.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

So how many lables does 19 entertainment own, and what is the difference among them? If David Cook and Kelly Clarkson are RCA, why isn't Kris Allen?

FORT Fogey

Adam talked to an Entertainment Tonight reporter outside the Young Hollywood awards. He said that he “just got signed” with RCA and is busy working on his record. Expect a press release from 19E this week.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3488707;
    So how many lables does 19 entertainment own, and what is the difference among them? If David Cook and Kelly Clarkson are RCA, why isn't Kris Allen?
    i think 19E is the management deal and rca will be adam's record deal. as in 19E will control/manage what adam will do.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Adam was signed to RCA/19. Below is the official press release:

American Idol's Adam Lambert signs to 19

19 Recordings has now signed the top two finishers from this season's American Idol. Adam Lambert's album is due this fall. Here's the press release announcing the signing:

Adam (Los Angeles, CA – June 9, 2009) – American Idol season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert has been signed to 19 Recordings and licensed to RCA Records. He is preparing to start work on his debut album which is due for release in fall 2009.

“To find a talent as exceptional as Adam Lambert is a rare and special event,” says Simon Fuller, Creator and Executive Producer of American Idol and Founder & CEO of 19 Entertainment. “I am thrilled that American Idol was the platform for the world to discover this brilliant young man. He is unique and unforgettable and a certain star of tomorrow.”

"There are no longer any rules in terms of where the world's next superstars may come from,” says Barry Weiss, Chairman & CEO RCA/JIVE Label Group. “We are thrilled to be getting involved with Adam Lambert as we all at RCA Records believe he is one of those rare, future global stars".

“I’m thrilled that we’ve come to a creative and collaborative partnership and look forward to developing a really exciting album,” says Lambert. “We are 100% on the same page and are all anxiously awaiting the start of the recordings. It’s going to be ridiculous! Get Ready!!!”

[]
    Adam Lambert signs with RCA/19
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

The ROLLING STONE cover story is just amazing. Has any other Idol ----winner I would expect--- gotten this kind of honor??

+ Reply to Thread