+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Must have been tough being Drake these last few months....

Quote Originally Posted by tucrows;3480023;
    They are a hot couple! his boyfriend is as cute as he is....
    They're both gorgeous. Good for him...he looks so happy.

Yay, I used my 11,000th post to be an Adam fangirl!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tucrows;3480023;
    They are a hot couple! his boyfriend is as cute as he is....
    LOL....no one is as cute as Adam!

I'm glad Drake makes Adam happy. But I realize that I'm like a protective momma: no one is good enough for him. It's just odd to see this glittery, magical creature of unwordly talent holding the hand of a mere mortal.

I hope Drake gets used to the paps. They are such vultures.

FORT Fogey

So after his appearance on the Today show on Friday, Adam told the NY Daily News that he still thinks about Broadway:

Although the “American Idol” runnerup is currently focusing on his music, he’d love to appear in “Jesus Christ Superstar.”... “I’d love to play Judas — that’s my dream role.” “Kris,” the rocker told us of his churchgoing pal, “he could play Jesus!”
    Adam as Judas I can see. Kris as Jesus - I'm not sure he has the vocal chops for that. How about dropping them into the current revival of Hair. Adam could play Berger - the charismatic leader of the hippie tribe, and Kris could play the straight laced Claude.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3480898;
    So after his appearance on the Today show on Friday, Adam told the NY Daily News that he still thinks about Broadway:

Adam as Judas I can see. Kris as Jesus - I'm not sure he has the vocal chops for that. How about dropping them into the current revival of Hair. Adam could play Berger - the charismatic leader of the hippie tribe, and Kris could play the straight laced Claude.
    Ha! I think that was probably a joke on his part, but there are clips on Youtube of Adam singing the "Heaven on their minds" and one of the parts from Hair, so he definitely could do either.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3480898;

That would be classic...but Kris' voice is way better than John Savage's.. from the movie, then again, Treat Williams' wasn't so hot either..

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3477238;
    Dearest Adam: I was told you acknowledged a previous version of the minor key Ring of Fire on Idolatry Interview #3 and rushed over to view it as I was sure you would say nice things about that change-up. Instead, you ruffled my feathers by dismissing "some woman named Dilana"; and telling bloggers who reminded you that she had previously sung and recorded this version to "get over it." :nono I would think being around the LA rock scene you would know of her, even if you had never met. But then, she is part of the hard rock crowd and not your apparently preferred arena of glam rock. If only you hadn't been so dismissive of her and her fans, my feathers would be lying nice and sleek and I might have even purchased your rendition of that song. Now I won't. I'll stick with the one from "some woman," thank you very much.
    I'm disappointed to hear that Adam spoke this way of Dilana. She is awesome!
    I loved Adam on AI8 but this is the second time he's disappointed me since the show ended, by sort of arrogant-sounding statements. I hope he doesnt buy into his own hype too much, because he really is unusually talented but a little humility can do much to win over the public.

Oh, and I just LOVE Adam's "Mad World!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3477483;
    I went back and listened to this interview. Adam didn't say "get over it" in response to anything to do with Dilana. He said that in response to people who said that he was disrespectful to country music and Johnny Cash with the "Ring Of Fire" arrangement. I didn't feel he was disrespectful at all to Dilana.
    he didn't say what was posted. some things get taken out of context in the translation from one person to another. i was surprised those comments he made during that interview about ring of fire all of a sudden turned into him dissing her. thanks for clearing that up blues songstress
    ladybugbaby
    life is too short to be unhappy

Adam was honored last night at the 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards. He won Young Hollywood Artist of the Year, their top award. It was presented to him by Kara DioGuardi.

Young Hollywood Awards - HL

"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Good for him!

What the heck was Kara doing there? I was hoping she'd go away.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread