+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3477238;
    Dearest Adam: I was told you acknowledged a previous version of the minor key Ring of Fire on Idolatry Interview #3 and rushed over to view it as I was sure you would say nice things about that change-up. Instead, you ruffled my feathers by dismissing "some woman named Dilana"; and telling bloggers who reminded you that she had previously sung and recorded this version to "get over it." :nono I would think being around the LA rock scene you would know of her, even if you had never met. But then, she is part of the hard rock crowd and not your apparently preferred arena of glam rock. If only you hadn't been so dismissive of her and her fans, my feathers would be lying nice and sleek and I might have even purchased your rendition of that song. Now I won't. I'll stick with the one from "some woman," thank you very much.
    I went back and listened to this interview. Adam didn't say "get over it" in response to anything to do with Dilana. He said that in response to people who said that he was disrespectful to country music and Johnny Cash with the "Ring Of Fire" arrangement. I didn't feel he was disrespectful at all to Dilana.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 06-01-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3477483;
    I went back and listened to this interview. Adam didn't say "get over it" in response to anything to do with Dilana. He said that in response to people who said that he was disrespectful to country music and Johnny Cash with the "Ring Of Fire" arrangement.
    Yes, exactly. I also went back and watched Adam's bit with Randy Travis and he clearly stated that he found this cool Middle Eastern infused version of the song with sitars which he liked. In the Idolatry interview, or maybe somewhere else, can't remember now, Adam said that he thinks that Johnny Cash the rebel would have probably liked this version very much. I wasn't a fan right away when I first heard it just because the whole country thing, even reworked, is so unappealing to me, but it's now my favorite performance along with Whole Lotta Love and Mad World.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3477238;
    Dearest Adam: I was told you acknowledged a previous version of the minor key Ring of Fire on Idolatry Interview #3 and rushed over to view it as I was sure you would say nice things about that change-up. Instead, you ruffled my feathers by dismissing "some woman named Dilana"; and telling bloggers who reminded you that she had previously sung and recorded this version to "get over it." :nono I would think being around the LA rock scene you would know of her, even if you had never met. But then, she is part of the hard rock crowd and not your apparently preferred arena of glam rock. If only you hadn't been so dismissive of her and her fans, my feathers would be lying nice and sleek and I might have even purchased your rendition of that song. Now I won't. I'll stick with the one from "some woman," thank you very much.
    I hate to say it (well not really) but I liked Dilana's version of ROF a whole lot better than Adam's. Dilana is definitely hard rock and I loved her on INXS. Black nail polish does not necessarily make one hard as opposed to glam so Adam may want to keep that in mind.

With that being said, I just loaded Adam's version of Mad World on my ipod. I wasn't anticipating that it had been revamped by AI from the show's version when he sang it so I was a little surprised. I like "different" songs like this.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3477501;
    In the Idolatry interview, or maybe somewhere else, can't remember now, Adam said that he thinks that Johnny Cash the rebel would have probably liked this version very much.
    It was in the Idolatry interview.

I thought I remembered him saying that he used Dilana's arrangement, but didn't have time to credit her because they get so little time to talk at the end of the performance. I loved her version when she did it (wonder what she's up to now?).

The "get over it" thing was definitely in response to people who trashed his version of ROF. He said he's not a country singer, what did they expect him to do?

I even checked to see what kind of tickets were available for the AI tour (in Charlotte)...nothing but nosebleed seats left. Not that I'd ever go, of course, I was just checking.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3477817;
    It was in the Idolatry interview.

I thought I remembered him saying that he used Dilana's arrangement, but didn't have time to credit her because they get so little time to talk at the end of the performance. I loved her version when she did it (wonder what she's up to now?).

The "get over it" thing was definitely in response to people who trashed his version of ROF. He said he's not a country singer, what did they expect him to do?

I even checked to see what kind of tickets were available for the AI tour (in Charlotte)...nothing but nosebleed seats left. Not that I'd ever go, of course, I was just checking.
    AI concert... *shudder*. I was tempted for about a millisecond to buy a ticket, not tell anyone I know, hide behind dark sunglasses and go but then I remembered that there were 10 finalists and out of those 10 I'm only interested in one, two at the most with Allison. The rest are filler for me at best and repulsive at the worst - Sarver and Gokey, ughh - and I really, really can't see myself yawning through the filler just to see Adam and Allison. Hopefully, bootlegs will be leaked of the pertinent parts of concerts so I'll just be happy to see those till Adam can have his own concert. I can just imagine what a trip that would be.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

wayward, you can get good tickets to the charlotte american idol live show. you are right that all time warner has left are terrible seats. two days ago i got eighth row seats. you have to pay more for them from another ticket source, but they are available. just thought maybe you might like to go.
    ladybugbaby
    life is too short to be unhappy

FORT Fanatic

No more speculations there are pictures on Celebrity-Gossip, with Adam and his boyfriend Drake, holding hands leaving the club Guys & Dolls on 6/1/09.

Well, duh!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

good for him ... i'm glad he has no qualms about being out.

They are a hot couple! his boyfriend is as cute as he is....
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

+ Reply to Thread