+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I didn't like Adam last night (Country week). The entire point of having a 'theme' week is to show your range. I feel that by changing the song the way he did was insulting. He seems like a one trick pony to me, only able to sing over the top, crazy ... he would be perfect for theatre, not that I would ever go and see him.

Sorry to all the Adam fans.. this one just isn't and American Idol.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I'm on the love train too. He had one of the few really memorable performances last night and I look forward to what he'll do next.

Heh, memorable for how bad it was! lol.

I don't see him being at all successful after the show. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but as of now, he's looking to be another Guarini or Hicks (both pimped throughout the show, and failed to translate into longevity or sales)

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3386524;
    I'm confused, everybody keeps saying that he's musical theatre, but in what reality does he sound even remotely as such? I am quite aware of the highly varied musicals out there, but just because he's been in musicals or has sung songs from them, does not make him a musical theatre singer, if anything, he's a emo singer because all he does is either screech and yells songs out, or turns them into a pile of depressing crap.
    Comparing him to Adam Pascal and Idina Menzel is an INSULT to both of those talented people.
    Ionan... Adam is well trained in musical theater and it shows. A quick search on the internet will show you many theater performances.

Yes, if I equated his talent right now to Adam Pascal and Idina Menzel it would be insulting. But he definitely has the ability to be just as big of a star in NYC and with experience he would be. Sorry, but he would.

He's a pretty one dimensional singer (Like most this season). But Good singers are either able to adapt to different genres, or make songs from different genres adapt to them without murdering it. He EPIC FAILED at that, especially this week. He turned an iconic song from an iconic singer into a jumbled mess of self-indulgent crap.
    I agree completely. eta to your last comment... I'm with you in that I do not at this moment believe that he will be even remotely successful selling CDs after the season is over. People were sooooo very certain that Constantine was going to be the next big thing, too, and he fizzled immediately. Adam has more talent, easily, than Constantine... but not for CDs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Adam would do well with a rock album with an edge that he can provide.

FORT Fanatic

well...randy mentioned it was jeff buckley's version of "ring of fire". i didn't know it was buckley's version (ive heard it before...have his cds) but maybe i didnt get it because i was just overly distracted with adam and goth glam look and the reds and mugging camera, etc. also buckley's voice is very haunting and emotional. i didnt get any emotion from adam.

he is an incredible singer, best vocally this season but just the wrong song. he could have won over so many people who's on the fence with him due to his goth glam look/style if he just chose a more sensible song. i think doing something outrageous and different is good only if its a certain artist like what he did with mj last week. but not so well with a genre....unless if its broadway.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Johnny and June would have loved Adam's version.

FORT Fogey

I'm not on the love train because I'm just too old to matter to the people who collect data -- but damn! That was hot! Adam has really incredible vocals. That was really incredible.

Adam is being criticized for doing something different, but when the song first came out, Johnny was looked at a bit strangely because he was the first Country artist to include the Spanish Trumpets in a song. Folks wondered what the hey!

I didn't much care for what Adam did, but I couldn't stop watching, & that's what he is all about.

FORT Fogey

Wow! I'm old people, but I loved that version of "Burning Fire." Really fab! Keep it up and get to the top 5!

+ Reply to Thread