+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

America already knows Adam's orientation. It's the media that are obsessing about it because they can't say the g-word unless they have a first hand source (slander liability). Adam knows this and is stringing them along - which keeps them writing and reporting. If Rolling Stone comes out with a big screaming headline, it's going to be met with a collective eye roll from Idol fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3474946;
    I'm only a peripheral AI follower, so please forgive my ignorance.

Do runners up usually appear on as many shows (and get featured as prominently) as Adam has, or is this a rare phemomenon based on his amazingness?
    The same sort of thing happened in Season 2 in 2003, when Ruben Studdard beat Clay Aiken -- the difference being that that was a very close race, and apparently this year's wasn't.

The two of them (Ruben and Clay) appeared on multiple talk shows together, almost being treated as co-winners. They claimed to be very close friends. (I have no idea whether they are still friendly after all of this time.)

The more talkative and outgoing Clay often overshadowed the quiet Ruben, who was a man of few words.

I bolded your words above, because I also think Adam is all kinds of amazing, and am glad to see him featured so prominently even after coming in second. IMO Adam is way more amazingly talented and appealing than Clay Aiken could ever dream of being.

Thanks, Teacher Lady.

I appreciate your answering my question.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3474517;
    Exactly. I fail to see why it makes a damn either way, and why so many people obsess over other's sexuality. If people constantly asked me "Are you straight? Well, ARE you?!" I'd probably want to slug someone.

Are other countries as obsessed with this nonsense as the U.S. is?
    In other countries they kill you for it, in some they just lock you up. There are (even) worse places to be gay than the US...of course there are also better ones. We are getting there....a few more generations to go.... Sigh.

I have to say I think it would be pretty darn funny at this point if the big reveal by Rolling Stone was that Adam was straight.... and that his point is that straight doesn't have to be boring and traditional.... and has nothing to do with gender roles. Why should gay guys be the only ones who get to wear make up?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3476658;
    In other countries they kill you for it, in some they just lock you up. There are (even) worse places to be gay than the US...of course there are also better ones. We are getting there....a few more generations to go.... Sigh.

I have to say I think it would be pretty darn funny at this point if the big reveal by Rolling Stone was that Adam was straight.... and that his point is that straight doesn't have to be boring and traditional.... and has nothing to do with gender roles. Why should gay guys be the only ones who get to wear make up?
    Hee! I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he's bi, but I highly doubt it and don't care either way.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

The intrigue keeps his fan base solid. If he reveals -- no matter what he reveals -- the intrigue will fade. I think it's better to not disclose something that is private, especially when it is enhancing your "celebrity-ism".

FORT Fogey

I think one reason Adam is everywhere is the fact that he was camera-ready as soon as the show was over. He was a musical theater actor and a Hollywood club kid: he knows how the entertainment industry works and he knows how to work a room. Yet he also comes across as the polite boy who loves his momma and respects all of his fans....so he still seems fresh and authentic, not jaded and contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3476770;
    I think one reason Adam is everywhere is the fact that he was camera-ready as soon as the show was over. He was a musical theater actor and a Hollywood club kid: he knows how the entertainment industry works and he knows how to work a room. Yet he also comes across as the polite boy who loves his momma and respects all of his fans....so he still seems fresh and authentic, not jaded and contrived.
    Excellent observation.
    Count your blessings!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Dearest Adam: I was told you acknowledged a previous version of the minor key Ring of Fire on Idolatry Interview #3 and rushed over to view it as I was sure you would say nice things about that change-up. Instead, you ruffled my feathers by dismissing "some woman named Dilana"; and telling bloggers who reminded you that she had previously sung and recorded this version to "get over it." :nono I would think being around the LA rock scene you would know of her, even if you had never met. But then, she is part of the hard rock crowd and not your apparently preferred arena of glam rock. If only you hadn't been so dismissive of her and her fans, my feathers would be lying nice and sleek and I might have even purchased your rendition of that song. Now I won't. I'll stick with the one from "some woman," thank you very much.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... he must be getting very short of sleep---that doesn't sound like his personna at all, Mr. Nice Guy.

+ Reply to Thread