+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Adam Lambert on His Sexuality: 'Keep Speculating'
    By Aaron Parsley
    Originally posted Wednesday May 27, 2009 09:20 PM EDT

Adam Lambert says role models come in a variety of different forms even in eye makeup, fingernail polish and tight pants.

"It's a really, really cool thing," the American Idol runner-up says, "to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it."

So to those who speculate about his sexuality, he has a message. "Calm down," he says, and "keep speculating."

Lambert, 27, who finished second to Kris Allen in the show that ended May 20, says his comfort with himself can serve as an example. "It feels really amazing to be able to try and pass that on to kids and young adults who don't have a role model like that," he says. "It feels great because I never had a role model like that."

"Conforming is not cool," he adds. "Embracing who you are and what makes you different is actually what's really cool ... The kids that are different and out there and expressive and are bold with those choices, those are the people that grow up to be people we all want to hang out with, that become celebrities or become really successful in what they do because they believe in who they are."

As for all the talk about his personal life, Lambert says just one word when asked if he'll address his sexuality directly, say in an upcoming issue of Rolling Stone: "Maybe."
    Link

FORT Regular

For all of the Adam lovers you have to check out the idolatry interview with Michael Slezak. Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3472165;
    loved Adam's performance this morning .Wow The crowd all taking Adams picture was Awesome!

The crowd sure loved them some Adam. Cameras going off all over the place. He sounded as great as always, and looked fabulous. Just got to love the guy.

I almost feel sorry for Kris when they make appearances together, because he is just so overshadowed. Kris is just so average.

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3472234;
    For all of the Adam lovers you have to check out the idolatry interview with Michael Slezak. Awesome!!
    Thanks for the heads-up on those 5 videos! Terrific, lengthy interview with Adam with lots of song clips from the show...

"Best Week Ever" interview was awesome also. Need to check that out.

I had a lovely dream about Adam last night. And yes, I'm old enough to be his mother.
    Count your blessings!

gawker.com has a recent article up really attacking Adam for his coy refusals to admit his sexuality. I can't post it here because there is lots of profanity, but if you are interested. Comments are pretty evenly split on the subject, but the writer pulls no punches.

When will people ever get that it is none of their business who in the heck any person sleeps with and they have no right to know. I wish Adam would tell the media and anyone else who asks what his sexual leaning is that hey its my business and you don't need to know. I swear people are so nosy sometimes. I would be so irate if I had people coming up to me asking stupid questions all day.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gawker just wants their headline and it's fun right now for a lot of these sites because Adam has been doing the cat-and-mouse game and pirouetting around all sexuality questions with clever comebacks like "that elephant is pink, isn't it?" and others. Rumor has had it for more than a week now that Adam was going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone and he will talk about the big "it", which is only big if you've been living under a rock and if you're some gossip site that needs to write about something. I think a certain constituency out there wants some sort of acknowledgment as a matter of principle, privacy and one's own timetable and feelings be damned.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3473740;
    I had a lovely dream about Adam last night. And yes, I'm old enough to be his mother.

This made me smile. I hope he never talks about his sexuality - it might only serve to destroy sweet dreams like this one...
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

+ Reply to Thread