+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3462815;
    I think Kris won because it ended up being a voting contest, not a singing contest. I don't believe for a minute that Kris had more fans.....only that his fans voted more, for many reasons that have already been stated. It is always that way on this show. It isn't the first time that the best singer hasn't ended up winning; but Adam is so ridiculously talented that the shock is that much greater.

I don't want to take anything away from Kris. He has talent, artistry, looks, personality....the total package. It's just Adam's package is so very much bigger.
    If you think Kris has the total package, then why is it so hard to believe that Kris possibly had more fans?

What I find surprising is that a lot of the Adam fans throwing these backhanded, disclaimered insults Kris' way are actually praising Adam for being "different" and following his own path... but somehow they believe that the masses should think like them and like Adam's style. Guess Adam's drumbeat isn't that different after all, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3462525;
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Adam didn't win because he was gay, plan and simple. He got Clay Aiken'd. I was rooting for Kris myself, but I always thought that Adam would win...

Face it, America wasn't ready to have a gay winner!!!
    You know, I kind of get tired of the whole gay, not gay thing. It may be that someday we will say he only won because he is gay. That also would not be fair. Adam is a great and very entertaining singer. Would I go to his concert-probably... Would i buy his music- probably not. It is not the kind of music I prefer. I like acoustic and new age type music. I think most of America voted that way too. Plus, many of us like to see the underdog win. I think Adam peaked too early in the competition and was pimped up way too much. I do not think it is an issue of gayness and I am tired of that whole argument!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3462684;
    If you were rooting for Kris even though you have no problem with Adam being gay, is it a stretch to assume that many other people were doing the same?

Adam didn't win because Kris had momentum, he had the "underdog" status, he was in the pimp slot, he had a motivated fan base, and he's actually really good at being the type of singer he is.
    I totally agree. He has a great voice and is great to listen too. I closed my eyes when Kris and Adam sang to not be swayed by any outside distractions just want to focus on the music. Loved what Kris's music sounded like.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3462837;
    If you think Kris has the total package, then why is it so hard to believe that Kris possibly had more fans?

What I find surprising is that a lot of the Adam fans throwing these backhanded, disclaimered insults Kris' way are actually praising Adam for being "different" and following his own path... but somehow they believe that the masses should think like them and like Adam's style. Guess Adam's drumbeat isn't that different after all, eh?
    I am not insulting Kris. I basically said that he is deserving. I just think Adam is more deserving. He has sold more songs on itunes, hasn't he? He has impressed more people in the music media. He has gotten more hits on Youtube. That points to fans.....thought not necessarily votes.

Kris fans were passionate and he was the underdog, so they voted harder and he won. Fair enough.

Adam seems to be more at peace with this than his fans are. His interview on the Idol Extra show was very nice. He is a Kris fan & thinks he is going to do wonderful things. And as for himself, he is ready to make great music & I think he will.

I think both Adam and Kris will make great music. They are both very talented young men. (And this is coming from an Adam fan.)
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3452767;
    For me, and apparently some others as well, I would NEVER pay to see Adam in concert or buy his album. Adam to me is all about the show.......if you don't watch him when he performs then he is just average. But then again I can't stand to watch Adam perform either, not with his lip curl (thanks to Elvis) and his tongue sticking out screams (thanks to Gene Simmons). I have to look away, walk away, anything other than watch him on my tv. I don't see where Adam connects with any of the songs that he performs, yes he tries to fake it (that acting abillity of his appears to be paying off), but I have yet to see any real emotion from him at all. I have decided that I will not be watching the finale, will not be recording it and really at this point don't care who wins. I do in a way hope that it is Kris but I know that the judges are pulling for Adam instead. I hope that Adam has a very successfull Broadway career because I don't think that he will succeed at making records or fronting a band.
    Most of the concert buying public go to concerts to be entertained. Adam is a singer/entertainer. He's the real deal. Who wants to go listen to a set of music where everything is the same. Maybe his home state?

Kris sounds okay with his style. He is what he is, and nothing more.

Adam = ARENAS
    KRIS = COFFEE HOUSE/SMALL VENUES

On Popwatch, in the comments section, there were a couple of posts saying they were watching CNN, and CNN announced today that Adam has struck a deal with Queen to be their lead singer.

Anyone else hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3462464;
    I thought I was prepared for Adam to lose, because I really do like Kris and I love their friendship. But when it happened, I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. I actually cried. The moment just seemed so wrong.....especially when Kris said "Adam deserves this." Because all I could think was yes, he does. He deserved to win. It made it hard for me to be happy for Kris.

I am definitely feeling better now and I know that Adam will be fine. Still, that kind of sucked. I don't blame Simon for being pissed. A stratospherically talented contestant lost to one who was merely very good. In any other season, I would have been happy with Kris.
    Adam is a star. He was the star of the season. I just have to keep telling myself that.
    EXACTLY! I even went around telling people I thought Kris was going to win. But then when he actually did, it was a real blow.

Like you, I am putting it into perspective now. It's just a TV show. Adam will do just fine -- more than fine.

I do like Kris, and any other year, he probably would've been my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3463411;
    EXACTLY! I even went around telling people I thought Kris was going to win. But then when he actually did, it was a real blow.

Like you, I am putting it into perspective now. It's just a TV show. Adam will do just fine -- more than fine.

I do like Kris, and any other year, he probably would've been my guy.
    Adam is going to do well. adam has that rare it factor most don't have he has an ability to make you engaged in him and the music.

Has anyone heard about something called Gizmo that people use to vote? A friend of mine told me that people who are not in the US are using that to vote on Idol. Apparently it allows you to vote in anytime zone and if out of the US you pay $4 to get a caller id for the time zone you want to vote in. According to the Idol voting rules you have to be in the continental us to vote.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread