+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I must say I was a little surprised Adam didn't win last night. But when you stop and think about last night and watching him perform with KISS, you see the environment where he is born to perform. Unfortunately, rockers just don't win AI. Adam will land something that suits him and do well.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

I think it will work out better for Adam that he lost, no crappy songs written by Khara to sing, no AI contract to be under, he can sing and do what he wants when the AI tour is over, much like our beloved Chris Daughtry.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3462101;
    Although we knew he was a talent, could you believe that he stepped in with two HUGE iconic rocks bands and sang as if he had been there forever?
    On the same night. Yeah, so that.

Last night it was crystal clear who was what on this show and exactly for how much that Idol title counts when it comes to anything that matters, at least on this season. No amount of silver trophies can made something out of very little.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3462162;
    I think it will work out better for Adam that he lost, no crappy songs written by Khara to sing, no AI contract to be under, he can sing and do what he wants when the AI tour is over, much like our beloved Chris Daughtry.
    To the best of my knowledge, Daughtry was & is still under contract to 19. He was & still is managed by 19. He records under the same family of labels that all the Idol winners do, (The Sony BMG Group). So, I just don't get where the sentiment comes from that he is better off not having won. There is no way of being sure what kind of album he would have recorded as the winner, it may have been the exact same stuff we eventually got.

Adam will be signed to & managed by 19 & I figure he is going to do just fine.

I figure Adam is going to do VERY fine. Kris will do okay. Adam will go beyond any other...(he already is outselling on I-tunes...)

FORT Fogey

I thought I was prepared for Adam to lose, because I really do like Kris and I love their friendship. But when it happened, I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. I actually cried. The moment just seemed so wrong.....especially when Kris said "Adam deserves this." Because all I could think was yes, he does. He deserved to win. It made it hard for me to be happy for Kris.

I am definitely feeling better now and I know that Adam will be fine. Still, that kind of sucked. I don't blame Simon for being pissed. A stratospherically talented contestant lost to one who was merely very good. In any other season, I would have been happy with Kris.

Adam is a star. He was the star of the season. I just have to keep telling myself that.

Being on Idol is a stepping-stone. It's what they do with that step that matters. The winners get an amazing amount of guaranteed promotion, but even they have to do something with it or they might end up just headlining a traveling tour of Grease... It's all well and good to say that Adam will be fine (and I think he will be), but he has to step up and follow through. Every runner up has a career, it'll be up to Adam to determine how far he goes. I think he's experienced and savvy enough to go far.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3462464;
    I thought I was prepared for Adam to lose, because I really do like Kris and I love their friendship. But when it happened, I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. I actually cried. The moment just seemed so wrong.....especially when Kris said "Adam deserves this." Because all I could think was yes, he does. He deserved to win. It made it hard for me to be happy for Kris.

I am definitely feeling better now and I know that Adam will be fine. Still, that kind of sucked. I don't blame Simon for being pissed. A stratospherically talented contestant lost to one who was merely very good. In any other season, I would have been happy with Kris.

Adam is a star. He was the star of the season. I just have to keep telling myself that.
    No need to feel down. Go listen to Adam's post show interviews around the net and hear what he says about all of it. He's moving towards a different place already, gracious to Kris but looking ahead.

I think It's all over now and the guy who competed against him no longer really matters as far as Adam is concerned musically, artistically and in every other way that counts. His future work will be his own and no amount of bragging rights could make that either better or worse than it will be. I hope he does something amazing with his great talent, something different, "for the future" and fresh, like he said he would.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Adam didn't win because he was gay, plan and simple. He got Clay Aiken'd. I was rooting for Kris myself, but I always thought that Adam would win...

Face it, America wasn't ready to have a gay winner!!!

I just had the opportunity to finally catch the finale (DVR). Best part by far was Kara showing up bikini girl--she was so pissed!

I have to knock Kara up a few notches after that one...

+ Reply to Thread