+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by everly2;3462007;
    Congratulations, Adam you are a STAR! A huge talent, loved your performances!
    Can't wait to buy your albums!
    Me too!
    Ain't Love Grand!

CONGRATS to Adam for being in the finale! You're already a star, Adam..and last night's performance proved it when you sang "We Are The Champions". BEST of luck to you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3462027;
    CONGRATS to Adam for being in the finale! You're already a star, Adam..and last night's performance proved it when you sang "We Are The Champions". BEST of luck to you.
    Right On!

Adam really should have won this tonite, but alas we get yet another "contemporary" singer/artist! I think it's bogus. But in the end I predict that down the line as has happened in the past once Adam gets to making his music he will outsell Kris by a long shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxie;3462040;
    Right On!

Adam really should have won this tonite, but alas we get yet another "contemporary" singer/artist! I think it's bogus. But in the end I predict that down the line as has happened in the past once Adam gets to making his music he will outsell Kris by a long shot!
    I couldn't care less who sells more records after the show. It's just a silly TV show and many of the finalists will sell records this year. I voted for Kris, who could outsell all of the other finalists, but if he does, that won't mean anything to me. The show is over, I might buy CDs from Kris and Adam, but the sales rates for each performer bore me.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I think the reason people mention this is that it's a true indication of a performer's popularity--kind of the fans putting their money where their mouths are. And in the end, that's really what defines their success, like it or not.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

While Adam wasn't my favorite, I will admit that he can sing (except when he does that screechy tongue out thing). He did an amazing job all season and last night's performance with Kiss was AMAZING. He will have a bright future ahead of him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Although we knew he was a talent, could you believe that he stepped in with two HUGE iconic rocks bands and sang as if he had been there forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3462084;
    I think the reason people mention this is that it's a true indication of a performer's popularity--kind of the fans putting their money where their mouths are. And in the end, that's really what defines their success, like it or not.

I don't just don't care whether one AI performer is "more popular" than another after the show. It's not high school. I love Elliott Yamin and have his two CDs. He's sold fewer CDs than Carrie Underwood. But that doesn't change how I feel about Elliott, Carrie or their stints on AI. I still think Elliott deserved to win AI even though he's sold fewer CDs than some other finalists.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-21-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3462101;
    Although we knew he was a talent, could you believe that he stepped in with two HUGE iconic rocks bands and sang as if he had been there forever?
    of course he did, he's been performing since he was 10. I never denied that he knew how to work a stage or could sing. I just don't like when he does that screechy note with his tongue sticking out Sounds like a cat in heat
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3462102;
    I don't just don't care whether one AI performer is "more popular" than another after the show. It's not high school. I love Elliott Yamin and have his two CDs. He's sold fewer CDs than Carrie Underwood. But that doesn't change how I feel about Elliott, Carrie or their stints on AI. I still think Elliott deserved to win AI even though he's sold fewer CDs than some other finalists.
    --
    I totally agree with all you said...especially the parts about Elliott, of course!

I am sure both Kris and Adam will have very successful careers...I personally like Kris's style and tone of voice way over Adam's theatrics and screaming; but I do know there are many people who like that. To each his own...I wish them both the best!

+ Reply to Thread