+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3459332;
    As if Ryan doesn't spend two hours a day in the makeup chair.
    I he's in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3457713;
    Adam is the most talented contestant of the season, and really deserves to win based on his talent. Not pimping! Talent alone.
    Amen to that. I got so mad when I read that someone would not vote for Adam because the judges loved him. Why shouldn't they, he is very clearly the best singer/performer this season and I thought thats what this show was all about.

I don't know if Adam will win tonight but all I need to know is that in my heart he is "My American Idol"
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

FORT Fogey

I thought that Simon was interesting when he said the the American Idol should be an international star....since when? However, he may see that potential in Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3456826;
    On the other hand, Kris's underdog status could prompt a lot more phone dialing action. --
    Especially if Kris fans were as annoyed by the judges dismissing him at the end of the show as I was.

Different styles appeal to different people. I like Adam, but I wouldn't buy a CD. Kris appeals to me more vocally. I don't really care who wins, had no intention of voting, but after the judges got through with Kris I went and got a phone.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Adam is the most talented contestant American Idol has EVER seen. Do you remember EVER waiting each week just to SEE what a contestant would do? Adam has brought a sense of anticipation every week to viewers - just waiting to see, "what is he going to do this week?" His performances were memorable and no one even came near him in this competition.

Kris was good - though I don't really "remember" his performances. He's likable, has a likable voice and is a solid musician/artist. He's got an adorable smile and a nice unassuming way. Is he a star, no. Can Adam be a star - probably bigger than we've seen in a long time. Not only did Adam slay this season, his respect for the judges, his fans and the band said a lot about him and made me respect him even more.

I think Kris will win tonight - bolstered by the Danny voters. But when people look back on this season, the only one they will remember 5 yrs. from now is Adam Lambert - and he will be even a bigger star than he is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2;3459900;
    Do you remember EVER waiting each week just to SEE what a contestant would do?
    Sanjaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2;3459900;
    Adam is the most talented contestant American Idol has EVER seen. Do you remember EVER waiting each week just to SEE what a contestant would do? Adam has brought a sense of anticipation every week to viewers - just waiting to see, "what is he going to do this week?" His performances were memorable and no one even came near him in this competition.
    Ruben, Taylor Hicks, Nadia, Bo Bice, Eliott Yamin, and several others. That's what makes this a great show.

I think Kris will win tonight - bolstered by the Danny voters.
    Adam lost the contest when he screeched his way through the last part of a "A Change is Gonna Come" last night. If Adam had sung the song more seriously, less showbizily, he would have had a chance of beating Kris.

But when people look back on this season, the only one they will remember 5 yrs. from now is Adam Lambert - and he will be even a bigger star than he is right now.
    Well, I'm going to remember Kris because I'll have at least a couple of his CDs on my shelf to remind me of him. I might also own an Adam CD.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Frankly Kris lost it when he opened his mouth and started to sing. You don't go second when the person in front of you has the vocals to make your performance seem like a second rate lounge act. Adam is going to win this I can feel it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3459971;
    Sanjaya.

I loved Sanjaya's style ... hair, clothes, attitude.

I also loved watching Simon when it came to Sanjaya ... he was so flustered that Sanjaya was there week after week.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Juls2;3459900;]Adam is the most talented contestant American Idol has EVER seen. Do you remember EVER waiting each week just to SEE what a contestant would do? Adam has brought a sense of anticipation every week to viewers - just waiting to see, "what is he going to do this week?" His performances were memorable and no one even came near him in this competition.

Yes, for me, as well as millions of others, that was KRIS!

+ Reply to Thread