+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3453030;
    I agree. It's his "secret weapon" that he hasn't yet touched on. I think if, after a night of his rock and roll performances, for his last song he went out and said "This is dedicated to my parents", and then sang the purest, most heartbreakingly tender version of say, "Danny Boy" with no vocal embellishments - he would take the whole thing easily.
    I doubt they'd let them do dedications, at least I don't remember that ever being done. From the spoilers I've been reading around the net, the F2 show is tightly controlled already and aside from the producer's choice they will be repeating a song. And then there's the coronation horror song. I'm still hoping Adam will pick (or rather be allowed to pick) a new song, but I'm not holding my breath.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

If Adam has to repeat a song, I hope it is "Mad World". I went back and forth on him (but always recognized his talent) and this is the song that sold me. I think the above posters are right and he should keep his rock star screams to a minimum. Personally, I find them okay since they fit the music and he hits the notes, but for this show he should probably pick more melodic tunes for the finale. I like both of these guys so either one winning would be okay with me.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451079;
    Oh! I guess I'm less of an Adam fan than I was a minute ago. I don't think avoidance of an issue is respectful. Only people who want to hide something will avoid it. If he was truly comfortable with himself and not ashamed, he would answer the questions.

He is BY FAR the best singer on the show. But if he is going to hide his true self, that upsets me. The publilc only wants people who are real.

Look at what happened to Clay after he came out. His popularity dropped off NOT because he was gay, but because he hid it FOR SO LONG. Nobody respects hiding.

To say Adam is by far the best singer on the show is not true. If he were not as flamboyant as he is - he would not have made it this far on signing abilities alone. Matt, Danny and Alllison could outsing him by a mile.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451046;
    I am so astounded by this Adam thing... I still remember in Adam's audition where Randy & Kara & Paula were liking Adam, but Simon was unconvinced, and Randy was saying it may finally be time that America could vote for someone theatrical, but Simon seemed unconvinced that Adam could fit a mold, and Randy stuck to his guns, and finally Simon reluctantly gave Adam a go-ahead for the hollywood round.

Now I read over and over that Simon has continually pimped Adam as the winner.

First of all, Carrie Underwood WAS continually pimped by Simon because of her vocal excellence, and she ended up winning, and is still vocally and financially stellar.
    Second of all, Simon didn't get on board the Adam train in the beginning, so...

If Adam rose to fan favor, it's because he earned it. And if America chooses him as their Idol, then the best singer won. I don't approve of Adam's rumored lifestyle, nor do I approve of Elton John's, but I am a HUGE fan of Elton John's music, so what should I do? Talent is talent, no matter what package it comes out of. Adam's talent is undeniable.
    Adam's talent is undeniable-True! I also don't approve of his "rumored lifestyle" but I think he deserves to win this competition because of his singing abilities and talent. These two guys are fantastic and have developed a great friendship and respect for each other. Adam will be happy seeing Kris win and Kris will be happy seeing Adam win. The people that vote next week will decide who they want as their Am.Idol and the judges opinon may or may not help them. My preference for the win is -Adam.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3451519;
    I think he's totally out in his private life, and probably has been for quite some time, not that it makes any difference. At least not to me. He doesn't want to publicly focus on his sex life, that's quite obvious, because it's his voice and music that really count. There are tons of pre-Idol pictures and videos of Adam out there if anyone cares to look and he has said already that he has nothing to hide about himself. People can read into that whatever the hell they want, he's not obligated to elaborate. It's just nobody's freakin' business!

Adam is the best damn singer and performer this show has ever seen or is ever likely to see and to think that his chances of winning hang, if even one iota, on his sexuality, and the fact that many would vote for the other guy simply because of it - and there's a lot of that sentiment out there - is incredibly sad and disheartening.
    I absolutely agree. What someone else does has nothing to do with you. If we would all just focus on creating a great for ourselves and allow others to do as they will, the world would be a pretty nifty place.

I would love to hear Adam reprise Mad World. I would also love to hear a stripped down a Capella version of Danny Boy or some other song that would highlight his beautiful tenor voice. He has a gorgeous voice and we know he can put on a performance, but on results night I would love to see Adam's soul revealed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3453034;
    I doubt they'd let them do dedications, at least I don't remember that ever being done. From the spoilers I've been reading around the net, the F2 show is tightly controlled already and aside from the producer's choice they will be repeating a song. And then there's the coronation horror song. I'm still hoping Adam will pick (or rather be allowed to pick) a new song, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Yeah - from what has been revealed by Paula and Ryan this week it looks like they have to repeat a song from earlier in the season.

• Round One - The Contestantís Favorites - Favorite song from the season is how Ryan described it.
    • Round Two - Simon Fullerís Pick
    • Round Three - The Winnerís Single - There is only one Coronation song this year

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3452828;
    As someone who has purchased the studio version of every one of Adam's Idol performances, I'd have to disagree. There are some very wonderful vocal performances. There is no doubt in my mind that I would buy his album. Add to that the wonderful vocal performances available on the video site and I'm convinced that Adam is going to be big. There is nothing average about him.
    I agree! I too have already purchased or downloaded every one of Adam's performances that I could find, and can't wait for his first album. And I want to hear EVERY SINGLE SONG on his album, not just the one or two most popular ones, cause he is so original and so creative, that I can't wait to see what he comes up with!!! Adam is incredibly talented, unique, and attractive, and Kris is a very pleasant singer --- but there's no comparison between the two -- Adam is so much more the quintessential "American Idol" than Kris could ever be!!!

I love going back and forth between the Kris forum and the Adam forum because of the total difference of opinons on these two guys. When I read the Kris forum I am always shaking my head in wonder at what they see in him. Being here in this forum makes me happier since I feel like I am among friends! LOL

I think that Adam is the best that has ever been on AI and I will be dialing my little fingers off on Tuesday!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3453173;

I think that Adam is the best that has ever been on AI and I will be dialing my little fingers off on Tuesday!
    I agree (big Adam fan here)!

Kris is cute and all, but Adam is a STAR, a true artist.

Kris is just a good singer, not a great artist.

+ Reply to Thread