+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 195 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I would never pay to see Kris in concert or even buy his album, with Adam however I would be the first in line!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3452716;
    Its not connecting with the audience as much as connecting with the music. For Kris much more so than Adam, the strength of his songs, is going to be what makes or breaks him. I'm not sure about a singer/songwriter going on Idol because of that.
    When I think about singer / songwriter, I think of some whose songs were so incredible that you were drawn to them, despite their voices. Two that come to mind are Bob Dylan and Neil Young. Not sure, though, that Idol is the forum for that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3452717;
    I would never pay to see Kris in concert or even buy his album, with Adam however I would be the first in line!
    For me, and apparently some others as well, I would NEVER pay to see Adam in concert or buy his album. Adam to me is all about the show.......if you don't watch him when he performs then he is just average. But then again I can't stand to watch Adam perform either, not with his lip curl (thanks to Elvis) and his tongue sticking out screams (thanks to Gene Simmons). I have to look away, walk away, anything other than watch him on my tv. I don't see where Adam connects with any of the songs that he performs, yes he tries to fake it (that acting abillity of his appears to be paying off), but I have yet to see any real emotion from him at all. I have decided that I will not be watching the finale, will not be recording it and really at this point don't care who wins. I do in a way hope that it is Kris but I know that the judges are pulling for Adam instead. I hope that Adam has a very successfull Broadway career because I don't think that he will succeed at making records or fronting a band.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3452709;
    I totally get the point that several have made about singers connecting with their audience. And I do think that's important. However, I just don't get that connection with Kris that some of you do. I just find him a very generic, vanilla, safe but extremely bland singer.

As I said in another thread, Kris is excellent at phrasing a song. Phrasing has to do with choices a singer makes about holding notes, modulating volume and alternating the rhythm. For me, his phrasing choices are very interesting and beautifully convey the story of the song and the emotional meaning of the lyrics. His phrasing make him unique and identifiable, which is the opposite of generic.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Well if that is the explanation of connecting with a song,
    it's not too far away from the believable performance that I like to mention.

At the point of the contest where only 4 or 5 are left,
    I insist on hearing a real performance.
    At that time it's too late for singing contest tryouts.

However , what one person perceives as a real performance and what not,
    can be a matter of personal preferences.
    A matter of giving a contestant too much credit.

As far as Adam, I still have the feeling that Adam is taking on a role in his performances.
    That is where Broadway and entertainment comes in.
    But that kind of performance is a profession too.
    And I think that Adam's abilities in his profession are far beyond everybody else's this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3452080;
    There is one thing that will determine whether Adam will win this thing, it's so simple but he hasn't caught on yet and I personally don't think he will.
    It's what allowed Kris Allen, great musician but a nobody from Arkansas, to be within a million votes of him last week.
    It's the scream. Even the people I know who love him are so sick of hearing it. It makes him irritating and one dimensional.
    If he comes out with another Mad World, he will win. Another Axle Rose impersonation, and the kid from Arkansas will smoke him.
    I am a huge Adam fan and hope he wins, while still appreciating the talent of Kris Allen. It's like apples and oranges -- you can't really compare artists that are so different. It's just whichever one's style you prefer.

That said...

I think the quote above is correct. "Tracks of My Tears" and "Mad World" won over a lot of viewers who weren't fans of Adam to start with, IMO. He needs to do something like that again if he hopes to win against Kris Allen. Just show off his beautiful voice without the theatrics.

I dont see Adam as taking on any role when he sings. I think he gets into his songs passionately, and this is all natural talent. It comes natural for him.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3452767;
    For me, and apparently some others as well, I would NEVER pay to see Adam in concert or buy his album. Adam to me is all about the show.......if you don't watch him when he performs then he is just average.
    As someone who has purchased the studio version of every one of Adam's Idol performances, I'd have to disagree. There are some very wonderful vocal performances. There is no doubt in my mind that I would buy his album. Add to that the wonderful vocal performances available on the video site and I'm convinced that Adam is going to be big. There is nothing average about him.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I'm hoping Adam will do one song this week that captures the emotion and brilliance of his Brigadoon song "Come to me, Bend to me". It doesn't have to be from a musical (I understand he isn't shooting for Broadway), but it would hook a lot of votes.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3452991;
    I'm hoping Adam will do one song this week that captures the emotion and brilliance of his Brigadoon song "Come to me, Bend to me". It doesn't have to be from a musical (I understand he isn't shooting for Broadway), but it would hook a lot of votes.
    I agree. It's his "secret weapon" that he hasn't yet touched on. I think if, after a night of his rock and roll performances, for his last song he went out and said "This is dedicated to my parents", and then sang the purest, most heartbreakingly tender version of say, "Danny Boy" with no vocal embellishments - he would take the whole thing easily.

+ Reply to Thread