+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 195 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

I think he's totally out in his private life, and probably has been for quite some time, not that it makes any difference. At least not to me. He doesn't want to publicly focus on his sex life, that's quite obvious, because it's his voice and music that really count. There are tons of pre-Idol pictures and videos of Adam out there if anyone cares to look and he has said already that he has nothing to hide about himself. People can read into that whatever the hell they want, he's not obligated to elaborate. It's just nobody's freakin' business!

Adam is the best damn singer and performer this show has ever seen or is ever likely to see and to think that his chances of winning hang, if even one iota, on his sexuality, and the fact that many would vote for the other guy simply because of it - and there's a lot of that sentiment out there - is incredibly sad and disheartening.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3451089;
    It's his private life, and if he chooses to keep it private, that's his choice and no one should be criticized for that.
    I agree 2! It's his business and nobody else's.

Adam has hidden nothing about his sexuality. If Adam wins, it will be the first time an "out" gay has won the AI title, a historic occasion. If Adam loses, it will be because people preferred Kris's singing, not because of Adam's sexuality. Adam and Kris are extraordinally talented performers. I happen to prefer Kris's singing at this point and hope he wins.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3451543;
    Adam has hidden nothing about his sexuality. If Adam wins, it will be the first time an "out" gay has won the AI title, a historic occasion.
    True. The only folks really put out by the status quo is the press. They can't write that Adam is gay unless they have confirmation from him. They can use the "alleged" modifier if they have a credible source. But barring that they are in the difficult position of trying to write about a gay contestant that they can't actually call "gay".

With all due respect, I'm not quite sure why someone would keep bringing up the gay thing? I've not noticed the mass media bringing it up. Does it really matter whether he is or not?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3451579;
    True. The only folks really put out by the status quo is the press. They can't write that Adam is gay unless they have confirmation from him. They can use the "alleged" modifier if they have a credible source. But barring that they are in the difficult position of trying to write about a gay contestant that they can't actually call "gay".

Most of the mainstream media has the same policy. For good reason, they won't mention the sexual orientation of a person unless the person has proclaimed it publically or works as gay activist. It is a catch-22. Adam can't formally proclaim his homosexuality because, on this show, he wants to be defined by his singing, not his sexual orientation, of course. So if he wins, the media can't acknowledge the historic "First Gay Idol Winner" winner angle. On the other hand, if Adam were to formally "come out" after the win, those "First Gay Idol Winner" headlines would be written, and perhaps advance the cause of gay rights a little further. But I think Adam should do what he wants about it. It's not his responsibility to promote gay rights through the show, unless he wants to.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

If Adam wins, the media should just focus on him being the first true "Rocker" to win. Who cares what he does in his personal life?
    Whatever happens next week, I know that Adam is going to have a brilliant career in entertainment ahead of him.
    We still need an Idol to win a Tony...

Are you saying David Cook wasn't a "True Rocker"? I guess I don't get that. I don't consider Adam a true rocker...not sure if there is a label that would fit him...just know I don't like the style at all and I like rock.

I don't agree with anyone who states Adam is the "best contestant the show has ever seen." That is just simply not true for a variety of reasons. One of them being that even though he is so well liked, so many people dislike him as well, a huge margin actually. Now some may say that that statistic has nothing to do with his musical talent but in a way it does. I doubt that many of the people who dislike Adam do so purely based off his sexuality. That's just absurd to even think that.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Yeah, lets bring it back to the music issue again.
    I mean in this place it should matter what the guys bring to the stage.

Of course Adam isn't a Rocker. And the way he is, people shouldn't categorize him.
    Just call him versatile, or an entertainer.

+ Reply to Thread