+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 195 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1942
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Re: Adam Lambert - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3442676;
    I heard something on the radio the other day and don't know if this has already been posted. I know people don't really care what Adam's sexual preference is, but some of the Idols were asked who their celebrity crushes were. Allison said David Beckham (she sang at a Galaxy game), Anoop said Keira Knightly, Danny said Jennifer Lopez, and good ol Adam laughed and said NO COMMENT!

I thought Adam's response to the question was typical Adam. No lies No excuses! This is who I am. Like or leave it......
    Oh! I guess I'm less of an Adam fan than I was a minute ago. I don't think avoidance of an issue is respectful. Only people who want to hide something will avoid it. If he was truly comfortable with himself and not ashamed, he would answer the questions.

He is BY FAR the best singer on the show. But if he is going to hide his true self, that upsets me. The publilc only wants people who are real.

Look at what happened to Clay after he came out. His popularity dropped off NOT because he was gay, but because he hid it FOR SO LONG. Nobody respects hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451079;
    Oh! I guess I'm less of an Adam fan than I was a minute ago. I don't think avoidance of an issue is respectful. Only people who want to hide something will avoid it. If he was truly comfortable with himself and not ashamed, he would answer the questions.

He is BY FAR the best singer on the show. But if he is going to hide his true self, that upsets me. The publilc only wants people who are real.

Look at what happened to Clay after he came out. His popularity dropped off NOT because he was gay, but because he hid it FOR SO LONG. Nobody respects hiding.

Are you sure of why Clay's popularity dropped off? Ellen was hugely popular until she publicly announced she was gay. She lost her show, and I will never forget her mother's interview that told how much the anti-gay statements from the public hurt her daughter. It took years for Ellen to climb back up.

It's his private life, and if he chooses to keep it private, that's his choice and no one should be criticized for that. Or should we start asking the younger contestants whether they are virgins? No difference in my opinion, dwelving into private matters that are nobody's business but their own.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3451042;
    I'm a huge fan of Adam, but Simon said a lot tougher things to other contestants this season, and they were all polite. But heck, let's not praise Matt, Lil or Anoop for their grace under fire. Only the sainted Adam deserves that.
    --
    I completely agree with your comment above. I also was surprised when people said Danny kept "talking" back to Simon. Only person I saw do that was Lil. But hey Adam is a very very confident person and that is a good thing. Remember he has been in Hollywood for years. He is used to rejection and knows how to channel the criticism - which has been very little for him this season.

As far as his "rumored lifestyle" I'm sure it is meant he is gay (shocking I know)!!!

Remember Clay's season when there were so many comments that he was gay? So many people taking jabs at his sexuality. Okay I was a die hard claymate....Hmmmm. But Adam - it is what it is. I don't care and I think most don't care. We have come full circle in the last 6 years. People are appreciating and judging his talent and not his sexual preferences. Adam please don't get flamboyant on me

And as far as Clay I was so disappointed because I was convinced he was my future son-in-law for my daughter - NOT MY SON!!! But I still love and support him because he has a good heart and is super super talented...
    Last edited by I<3JAY; 05-15-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Not so sure about that...I have plenty of gay friends who don't shout from the rooftops that they are gay--in fact, many people are still jerks about it so they often avoid questions like that simply to avoid controversy. Those people who can act like decent human beings are told--none of my friends have hidden who they are from their friends or family. Besides, who decided that sexuality makes you who you are as a person anyhow? I introduce myself as hey, im mindy...blah blah blah. Not 'hey, Im a heterosexual.'

Sadly, I have seen first hand what can happen when someone is outed to a group..it does not always go badly, but it can...& why is it even a big deal? Instead of inviting controversy they just live their lives and are true to themselves (which is what is important, not them telling everyone who they like to sleep with at night), they shouldn't have to explain themselves to anyone!
    I just wanta say that most homosexuals aren't hiding who they are by any means, in fact, I believe some of these people are beyond brave...they just get tired of dealing with ignorance and sometimes it is easier to not invite controversy (I don't even know where the line of thought came from where homosexuals are expected to 'get out there' and tell everyone that they are gay and 'be real'...we dont expect everyone else to tell us that they are practicing heterosexuals during our first meeting, ya know?).

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3451094;
    Remember Clay's season when there were so many comments that he was gay? So many people taking jabs at his sexuality. Okay I was a die hard claymate....Hmmmm. But Adam - it is what it is. I don't care and I think most don't care. We have come full circle in the last 6 years. People are appreciating and judging his talent and not his sexual preferences. Adam please don't get flamboyant on me
    They don't get much more flamboyant than Adam, do they? He goes out of his way to stand out in a crowd.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3440885;
    I really like Adam, but he has not had a perfect season, especially in the earlier weeks when he screeched too much and had difficulty emotionally connecting with his lyrics. In recent weeks, he has indeed been brilliant, but there are at least two AI winners and one finalist from the previous seasons whom I would much rather listen to on a CD. In my opinion, the person who "set the bar" high in terms of vocal talent was Elliot Yamin in Season 5, and no one, not even Adam, has matched him since. Of course, Adam is better than Elliot in onstage theatrics. I have Elliott's first CD, and it's a joy to listen to because of his talent.
    --

I almost ALWAYS agree with this poster, but c'mon, saying Elliot Yamin with his bunny-rabbit vibrato is anywhere NEAR comprable with Adam's advanced vocal skills? If this is a vocal contest, Yamin lasted much longer than his skills deserved, and Yamin's vocals are nowhere NEAR comparable to Lambert's. Yamin is elementary school, Lambert is a doctorate. We will never ever ever ever EVER see Yamin on broadway because his voice just doesn't have it. Adam's does. But I hope against hope that Adam sets his sights higher than Broadway.

FORT Fogey

This is certainly controversial. And not very easy to work out for Adam because there are no clearly good choices. He's definitely not going the Clay Aiken route and claiming that he's straight. (Not to pick on Clay at all - that was really the only viable option for most entertainers for a long time.)

But he's decided not to do the big Ellen DeGeneres "Yup, I'm Gay!" declaration either. And for a very good reason. Not because it would "hurt" his chances for votes. Without saying the word, he has made it pretty clear where he stands. So people that have a problem with that have already cleared out of his camp. But he's avoiding the big declaration because once he says it, that becomes the story. It's no longer about his music, or the other contestants - the only Idol story will be "Adam Lambert Comes Out". That's what reporters will want to talk to him about. Everyone else will disappear and for a time, it would all be about him.

In the short time line of an Idol run, that kind of lopsided attention would throw a wrench into the competition and skew the media away from the other contestants.

After the competition, like Danny, he can breathe a big sigh of relief and do and say things that will no longer be interpreted in the light of making a ploy to win votes. From seeing Adam I wouldn't imagine he would do the big coming out press conference thing. But I bet he starts introducing us to his boyfriends and finally tells us what movie star he thinks is sexy.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-15-2009 at 12:31 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3451107;
    This is certainly controversial. And not very easy to work out for Adam because there are no clearly good choices. He's definitely not going the Clay Aiken route and claiming that he's straight. (Not to pick on Clay at all - that was really the only viable option for most entertainers for a long time.)

But he's decided not to do the big Ellen DeGeneres "Yup, I'm Gay!" declaration either. And for a very good reason. Not because it would "hurt" his chances for votes. Without saying the word, he has made it pretty clear where he stands. So people that have a problem with that have already cleared out of his camp. But he's avoiding the big declaration because once he says it, that becomes the story. It's no longer about his music, or the other contestants - the only Idol story will be "Adam Lambert Comes Out". That's what reporters will want to talk to him about. Everyone else will disappear and for a time, it would all be about him.

In the short time line of an Idol run, that kind of lopsided attention would throw a wrench into the competition and skew the media away from the other contestants.

After the competition, like Danny, he can breathe a big sigh of relief and do and say things that will no longer be interpreted in the light of making a ploy to win votes. Form seeing Adam I wouldn't imagine he would do the big coming out press conference thing. But I bet he starts introducing us to his boyfriends and finally tells us what movie star he thinks is sexy.
    Well stated.....Adam isn't hiding his sexual preference.....it is all over the internet....if the mainstream media wanted to go there, they could find all they wanted to know about him. He is all over the internet......he isn't hiding it at all......I just think that AI is trying to not make it a issue....they had to point out the girl taking her top off at his homecoming....I ask do you think they showed that clip for a reason? I don't know maybe AI wants to keep as many votes for Adam as possible because there are some that wouldn't vote for him if they truly new that he was gay.....sad to say that but it is a fact.

Every year I do my best to find out about my favorite and besides their singing ability I want to know what they stand for and what their ambition is. I enjoy voting for the talented underdog......I personally have not voted for Adam and I probably still won't vote for him but I am not voting for him because of his sexual preference ...... it's because I personally think he is talented but I just don't see him making an album I would purchase.....

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3451102;
    I almost ALWAYS agree with this poster, but c'mon, saying Elliot Yamin with his bunny-rabbit vibrato is anywhere NEAR comprable with Adam's advanced vocal skills? If this is a vocal contest, Yamin lasted much longer than his skills deserved, and Yamin's vocals are nowhere NEAR comparable to Lambert's. Yamin is elementary school, Lambert is a doctorate. We will never ever ever ever EVER see Yamin on broadway because his voice just doesn't have it. Adam's does. But I hope against hope that Adam sets his sights higher than Broadway.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Elliott's vocal range is as large or larger than Adam's; Elliott has a gorgeous, warm tone to his voice that Adam lacks; and Elliott's phrasing is flawless. Both Elliott and Adam are great singers. Frankly, I think Elliott could do Broadway but I don't see the point, since he is not a trained actor. Elliott has put out two great CDs, the most recent one ("Fight for Love") was released a couple weeks ago. Folks, if you liked Elliott in Season 5, listen to some CD excerpts online or in the store. He's worth it.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-15-2009 at 11:42 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3451089;

It's his private life, and if he chooses to keep it private, that's his choice and no one should be criticized for that. Or should we start asking the younger contestants whether they are virgins? No difference in my opinion, dwelving into private matters that are nobody's business but their own.
    I agree! If Adam so chooses to go public or private, that is HIS business, and his business only. Why should this have to be made public? Doesn't mean he is hiding it, just because it may be somehting he wishes to keep private.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread