+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Re: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3370257;
    Well, the day had to come at one time.
    I'm like so over American Idol, I don't know, the thrill is gone.
    So, I'm probably going to try some more shows.
    But I find myself skipping through it, over and over.
    Looks like I'm over the show.
    I'm with you. After last night's show, and the travesty that was Tatiana's wild card pick, I officially declared that I hate this show. I don't care if she's a good singer, they picked her for TV drama and that's just sad and exploitative in my view. I already hated the change back to the old semi-final format that gave us the lopsided talent of season 3. Somehow postponing the influence of the voters who are eventually going to vote on these people regardless is going to make the show better?

Sadly, I do continue to watch shows I hate, but I'm just so angry at AI right now!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3370425;
    Anybody think Ju'not's asthma issues might have played a part in his not being selected to the wild card round?
    Probably eliminated due to steroid use.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3370425;
    Anybody think Ju'not's asthma issues might have played a part in his not being selected to the wild card round?
    I wondered that last night; his voice seemed a little hoarse to me. I think it may have played a part in their decision, otherwise I have no answer as to why Von made the Wildcard round and Ju'not didn't.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I really didn't see how Jasmine and Jesse wowed the judges to deserve to be in the wildcard. Maybe Jesse is an ok pick because she did well in her group but Jasmine was terrible! She was forgotten after the next person sang. As for Tatiana....she is obviously producers pick for more drama. Von may have wowed the judges in Hollywood but he did well in his group as did Junot so that's a toss up. For the girls, there were much better vocalists like Felicia and Kristen who deserve it more than what they selected for the wildcard.

Kristen is the major one who got robbed because she really has the most massive pipes among the women. I prefer the wildcard format where the judges selected the contestants and have them perform the next week. Then they choose 3 and the viewers chose one. That season produced Clay Aiken. I thought it was going to be like that. This is a major screw up by the judges among many...i.e. Jamar, Nick/Norman, etc. Hopefully they make it up by putting in Anoop, Ricky, and Matt G. in the top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3369701;
    I think they'll pick 2 girls to even it up a bit, and one guy. I'm going with Megan, Jasmine, and Anoop. I'd prefer Jesse over Jasmine, and Anoop was so weak in his top 36 round I don't much care if it's him or one of the other guys, but he was an early favourite so I'm thinking he might have the inside track.

I say this again...if they pick 2 girls and only 1 guy then that still doesnt even it up. 7 guys to 5 girls. That's an odd number. They have to pick all 3girls to even out the genders. I think they'll pick two guys and the obligatory 1 girl which is Megan. Then it's a toss up between Anoop, Matt and Ricky. I hope it's Anoop and Ricky since Matt really didn't perform as well in his group.

Tatiana still has a chance to make it if Jasmine, Jesse, and Megan botched their chances while Tatiana blew the house down.

FORT Fan

Megan was also given a 'shot' with the voting public and they didn't like her...I hope she is first to go cause I can't stand her "unique" voice. Really grates on my ears, I think she really doesn't have a great voice and she sort of talks and growls and "scats" or whatever you call it...just don't like it

The gals this year are really not that good....Jasmine is so "been there, done that"

The guys are really good tho :I like Danny, Jorge, Matt, and Anoop

Adam is good too...maybe a bit over the top and those pics might hurt his chances

I would not be surprised to see a final 4 of all guys this year..I think the women will leave early

(in Megan's case I hope so)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum;3368666;
    Paula sit down...the judges shouldn't show such favoritism. .
    Couldn't disagree more. That is EXACTLY why they are there. To share their opinions; like some people; not like others; explain why. Otherwise they have no function on the show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3368781;
    Wildcard pick from Randy - Von Smith
    Hate to revive this thread but I don't know where else to put it since Von Smith doesn't have his own thread.

Was just going thru Youtube and I came across this piece of him and Sam Harris (another over the top performer who won Star Search a while back)

YouTube - Von Smith & Sam Harris - Over The Rainbow 3/27/10 (Los Angeles) Upright Cabaret

I thought it was entertaining but it's something one would rather watch in a broadway play or performed on stage rather than listening to it from your MP3 or CD player. It will grate of you.

Here's more:
    YouTube - Sam Harris and Von Smith -"Proud Mary" at Upright Cabaret

FORT Fan

Von Smith is an amazing vocalist. Unfortunately he did not get enough pre-show coverage nor a boost from the judges. Another singer who impressed me last season was Alex Wagner. He got the same treatment from the producers and the judges and unfortunately did not make it. Finally we ended up with at least 6 lame singers in the top 10.

+ Reply to Thread