+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/29 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/29 Show Discussion **spoilers**

ok, so they went all the way to Puerto Rico just to find 9 people? seriously

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I thought last night was odd. There are people who sang that I thought were good, and the judges didn't. Then there were those who couldn't sing, and the judges put them through. Anyone else have that thought? Or has my hearing gone completely?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I agree famita, it was an odd night. It seems many get through on sympathy, looks or quirkiness. Oh well, they'll likely get weeded out during Hollywood week.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3295339;
    I can't believe all of the kids being brought in on these auditions this year. She has potential.
    If you're not that a great singer but just okay, you might as well bring a kid with you because that seems to warm Simon (and the rest of the judges) to putting you thru hollywood, and don't bring cheerleaders.

Also, you need a bit of personality. That rocker chick with the guitar made it with her personality although she's not as good as the the guy with the guitar who was extremely nervous (sang the Third Eye Blind song "I Will Understand")

FORT Fogey

I've missed several episodes this season but of the one's I've seen so far, only Megan Corkrey does it for me. She was awesomely unique. My first prediction of the season (although, I'm usually wrong), is that Megan will make it to the finals and get the boot around the 7th spot or so.

Can't wait for Hollywood week. That really does separate the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Heh! If I got a kick out of something this time, it had to b seeing Crazy Rocker Joel (Human I-Pod) actually go to the auditions. It was obvious he would not get put through since he only went to joke around, the same way he always has. He's actually rather a celebrity here in Puerto Rico, used to do those antics for a candid camera type of tv show, but eventually he got so known that some people didn't get freaked anymore, they just got a kick out of it and applauded. He actually has a band and is a pretty decent singer, so he could've probably passed on to Hollywood had he gone full serious mode, but that's just not his style.

Does anyone have any inside scoop on who may have passed Hollywood Week? I wonder if Rose is this year's Josiah? Hope not.....

Norman, thought he had a good voice and sang well but the goofy, stupid act is not funny, not in the least. Is he serious or not, about this competition?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3296184;
    I thought last night was odd. There are people who sang that I thought were good, and the judges didn't. Then there were those who couldn't sing, and the judges put them through. Anyone else have that thought? Or has my hearing gone completely?
    Wasn't just last night that was odd, the entire process. It does seem like they passed on some very good singers with good voices and put through the mediocore ones with average voices.

The 16 year old girl that auditioned with her cute younger brother in the room (the 11 year old), they almost did not put her through. Randy and Kara said no, I was like " this is ricidulous", than goodness for Simon and Paula.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, they've got to have some people to kick off during Hollywood week, or whatever it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast