+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Kara DioGuardi - Judge

I thought I would start an individual thread for everyone to post comments, etc.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

I had to google her because I'd never heard of her. She definitely is qualified to be a judge.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

KARA DIOGUARDI
    birthplace: New Rochelle, NY

One of the industry's most sought after songwriters and producers, Kara GioGuardi's songs have appeared on more than 100 million records. They have been recorded by Grammy award-winning artists, including Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, and many more.

Over the last four years, she has been awarded 10 BMI Pop Awards for having written the most performed songs on radio. From her catalog of several hundred songs, over 264 have been released on major labels worldwide; and over 165 have appeared on multi-platinum selling albums. Kara co-owns Arthouse Entertainment, where she develops and mentors fellow hit writers, producers and artists.

"We are turning the heat up on Idol this year and are thrilled to welcome Kara to the judges' table," said creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. "She is a smart, sassy lady, and one of America's most successful songwriters. We know she will bring a new level of energy and excitement to the show."

"We had originally intended for American Idol to have four judges," said executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz. "We've seen from our international series that having a fourth judge creates a dynamic that benefits both the contestants and the viewers."

Mike Darnell, President, Alternative Programming of FOX, added, "With Kara by her side, Paula finally has some back-up and now there is going to be a lot more 'girl power' on the show."

Kara DioGuardi's Bio - American Idol

I looked at her songwriting credits and I must say, I'm not impressed. She's written a lot of crap. Her songs are the ones you skip to get to the good ones.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3277595;
    I looked at her songwriting credits and I must say, I'm not impressed. She's written a lot of crap. Her songs are the ones you skip to get to the good ones.
    Where did you find a list of the songs? I kind of thought that must be the case, because everything I've seen about her has named the people she's worked with, but not the songs. With someone like Dianne Warren, they don't say "Aerosmith", they say "Don't Want to Miss a Thing", etc. One difference that I perceive is that Kara APPEARS to be more of a collaborator, working with the artists to work a song in a way that makes it more personal, which I like. It also looks like she's got a lot more involvement in the music industry than just being a songwriter, but AI is pushing that piece of her career so that she does not step on the toes of Simon and Randy's turf as the A&R guy and the producer guy. I like her contribution on the show so far, but I question how much of a huge name she really is in the music industry ... and REALLY want to know how the little songwriter girl truly knew enough about her to actually be a fan. I smell a set up there.

Good old Wikipedia has a list: Kara DioGuardi production discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down past the album list to see the actual songs.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3277598;
    I like her contribution on the show so far, but I question how much of a huge name she really is in the music industry ... and REALLY want to know how the little songwriter girl truly knew enough about her to actually be a fan. I smell a set up there.
    Maybe that girl watched the 2 or 3 episodes that were aired on ABC of "The One" several years ago. Kara was a judge on that music competition show.

I am looking forward to more smack-downs between Kara and bikini girl during Hollywood week .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3277909;
    Maybe that girl watched the 2 or 3 episodes that were aired on ABC of "The One" several years ago. Kara was a judge on that music competition show.

I am looking forward to more smack-downs between Kara and bikini girl during Hollywood week .
    Bikini girl is not going to make it past the first cut. She was terrible.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

After the first episode, I'm still wondering why they felt the need to add a fourth judge. Other than more drama, bickering, and face time for the judges I don't see what Kara brings. Unless she really is going to be replacing Paula and they want everyone to have a season to get used to her with Paula still there.

I do not like her, she does not bring anything new/interesting to the table at all. I have to wonder what AI was thinking into hiring her...they were doing amazing with three judges,and it shouldve stayed that way, why fix something that's not broke? She kinda ruins the season for me, I think Kara is DEFINITELY qualified, but she isn't interesting at all or have anything interesting to say. Lets go back to nice judge, medium judge, and harsh judge. Kara not needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast