+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3402319;
    That really was a great bio, TopCat, thanks. But I didn't know who she was either until I read up on her, and I was only driven to do that because she seemed so weak on the show.
    It is interesting that Simon seems to give her a fair amount of respect.
    Overall, I wish they'd go back to the old crew - they're balanced and comfortable in their roles.
    The public didn't know who Miss E Elliot was until she started her solo career but I saw a doc on her and she had been in the music industry for many years and was extremely respected. I think she had even written songs for Madonna and other big names. There's a lot of respected people in the industry that work behind the scenes but we, the public have no clue who they are.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I've looked at the list of songs she has written, but, well....I prefer quality over quantity. Even the 'respectable' artists she has writen for, her songs are usually the ones I skip on the CD. I look at her as a very prolific 'filler' writer. Good for her for making a career of it, but I personally don't think that having written hundreds of mediocre songs gives her all that much credibility. I think she adds nothing to the show, but her critiques further pull the focus away from the contestants, and concentrate too much on the bloated judges' table.

She's not my favorite addition to the show, but her bio tells me she certainly is a credible commentator on the music industry. Too bad she hasn't been able to bring it to the show so far. I like her being their for Paula's sake, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;3402327;
    I've looked at the list of songs she has written, but, well....I prefer quality over quantity. Even the 'respectable' artists she has writen for, her songs are usually the ones I skip on the CD. I look at her as a very prolific 'filler' writer. Good for her for making a career of it, but I personally don't think that having written hundreds of mediocre songs gives her all that much credibility. I think she adds nothing to the show, but her critiques further pull the focus away from the contestants, and concentrate too much on the bloated judges' table.
    What she said. You hit the nail on the head Jennifer. I think this season the judges have paid less attention to the contestants while they are singing. They are all too busy doing whatever. I don't think Paula is any better off having Kara there. Kara seems to mimic Randy, so she is not adding anything new to the show. You can almost bet she will use the words "package" and "artistry" in each critiqe. She's only been around for a handful of shows and has become predictable already.

As long as she is not back next season, it's all water under the bridge.
    It's not so much dislike on my part, it's more about not caring,
    and not getting anything out of her presence.

Writing songs for artists is a cool gig though.
    I have to say that.

Kyle, is there any word on that? I guess maybe its too early to tell, but I wondered what the buzz was on whether she and/or Paula would be back. This board seems pretty much 100% unanimous on wanting Paula back and not Kara so I hope someone's listening!

I'm from Chicago. I'd like to vote again, please. (Keep Paula, not Kara)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3403010;
    I'm from Chicago. I'd like to vote again, please. (Keep Paula, not Kara)
    Well, I'm from Florida so I'd like to vote and have it count this time.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3403033;
    Well, I'm from Florida so I'd like to vote and have it count this time.
    Beachgirl,
    That is one of the best comments I've ever seen on this board.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3402993;
    Kyle, is there any word on that? I guess maybe its too early to tell, but I wondered what the buzz was on whether she and/or Paula would be back. This board seems pretty much 100% unanimous on wanting Paula back and not Kara so I hope someone's listening!

The producers consider Ryan, Simon, Randy and Paula the four core "cast members" of the show. They each are playing a role of sorts. I doubt that Kara will be coming back because she doesn't add anything to the cast. Will they bring in someone else? The best guest judge in Idol history was Gladys Knight in Season 2. She really had detailed perceptive comments for the contestants. On second thought, she is too smart for the panel.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread