+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 225

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

  1. #71
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Well, if Megan does hang on another week, Kara will be looking over her shoulder big time when she starts to critique her. Megan deserves points for having such as smart bro. though I'm a fan of Megan anyway.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  2. #72
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    By the way, who on Earth is Kara DioGuardi? Anyone know where they dug her up from?
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Out of the songwriters' graveyard?

  4. #74
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3400310;
    That was no audience member. According to the US Magazine reporter that was in the audience last night:

    While judge Kara DioGuardi critiqued contestant Megan Joy's performance of "Turn Your Lights Down Low," her brother yelled out, "Broken record!" It startled the judge.

    During the break, DioGuardi approached him and the rest of her family. At first, she thought he was yelling "broken record" at his sister. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase." Upset, she stormed off with her bodyguards.
    Wow, is she really that delusional that she thought the comment was not aimed at her? That's funny!

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3400420;
    Wow, is she really that delusional that she thought the comment was not aimed at her? That's funny!
    I can picture her having a hissy fit.

    The show doesn't need her.
    The three judges were just perfect.
    More and more she is turning into her own impersonation.
    It's like watching a Saturday Night Live sketch, when she is talking.

    Paula all the way.

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3400405;
    By the way, who on Earth is Kara DioGuardi? Anyone know where they dug her up from?
    --
    Well, I'm assuming this is a serious question. Kara has been one of the main go-to songwriters for american pop for the past eight or nine years. She wrote Rich Girl for Gwen Stefani, Taking Chances and One Heart for Celine Dion, Lost for Faith Hill, Walk Away for Kelly Clarkson... the list goes on. The number of songs she has on albums for Natalie Imbruglia, Hillary Duff, Pink, and just about every single Idol (Bo, Clay, Kelly, Kathrine McPhee, David Archuleta) numbers into the hundreds. She started as a singer-songwriter, but her singing career never really went anywhere, while her songwriting was in high demand. She can (and has) written almost entire albums of songs for new artists (Kelly Osborne, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff) in just a few weeks, which is why she gets paid the big bucks.

  7. #77
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,439

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3400554;
    Well, I'm assuming this is a serious question. Kara has been one of the main go-to songwriters for american pop for the past eight or nine years. She wrote Rich Girl for Gwen Stefani, Taking Chances and One Heart for Celine Dion, Lost for Faith Hill, Walk Away for Kelly Clarkson... the list goes on. The number of songs she has on albums for Natalie Imbruglia, Hillary Duff, Pink, and just about every single Idol (Bo, Clay, Kelly, Kathrine McPhee, David Archuleta) numbers into the hundreds. She started as a singer-songwriter, but her singing career never really went anywhere, while her songwriting was in high demand. She can (and has) written almost entire albums of songs for new artists (Kelly Osborne, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff) in just a few weeks, which is why she gets paid the big bucks.
    Seriously? Osborne, Simpson, Lohan and Duff? Not sure I'd want to advertise that ANY of those "singers" were using my songs!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  8. #78
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3402163;
    Seriously? Osborne, Simpson, Lohan and Duff? Not sure I'd want to advertise that ANY of those "singers" were using my songs!
    Maybe not, but Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, and Kelly Clarkson are another story. Thanks, TopCatDC, for the mini-bio.

  9. #79
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Thanks, TopCat, for the Kara bio. Since I listen mostly to Indie groups and contemporary folk, I am not really familiar with any of her songs. I assume she is intelligent, then. Too bad the intelligence is not showing up in her "judging."
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  10. #80
    sdl
    sdl is offline
    FORT Fogey sdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    houston
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3402309;
    Thanks, TopCat, for the Kara bio. Since I listen mostly to Indie groups and contemporary folk, I am not really familiar with any of her songs. I assume she is intelligent, then. Too bad the intelligence is not showing up in her "judging."
    --
    *********
    That really was a great bio, TopCat, thanks. But I didn't know who she was either until I read up on her, and I was only driven to do that because she seemed so weak on the show.
    It is interesting that Simon seems to give her a fair amount of respect.
    Overall, I wish they'd go back to the old crew - they're balanced and comfortable in their roles.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.