+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Well, if Megan does hang on another week, Kara will be looking over her shoulder big time when she starts to critique her. Megan deserves points for having such as smart bro. though I'm a fan of Megan anyway.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

By the way, who on Earth is Kara DioGuardi? Anyone know where they dug her up from?
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Out of the songwriters' graveyard?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3400310;
    That was no audience member. According to the US Magazine reporter that was in the audience last night:

While judge Kara DioGuardi critiqued contestant Megan Joy's performance of "Turn Your Lights Down Low," her brother yelled out, "Broken record!" It startled the judge.

During the break, DioGuardi approached him and the rest of her family. At first, she thought he was yelling "broken record" at his sister. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase." Upset, she stormed off with her bodyguards.
    Wow, is she really that delusional that she thought the comment was not aimed at her? That's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3400420;
    Wow, is she really that delusional that she thought the comment was not aimed at her? That's funny!
    I can picture her having a hissy fit.

The show doesn't need her.
    The three judges were just perfect.
    More and more she is turning into her own impersonation.
    It's like watching a Saturday Night Live sketch, when she is talking.

Paula all the way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3400405;
    By the way, who on Earth is Kara DioGuardi? Anyone know where they dug her up from?
    --
    Well, I'm assuming this is a serious question. Kara has been one of the main go-to songwriters for american pop for the past eight or nine years. She wrote Rich Girl for Gwen Stefani, Taking Chances and One Heart for Celine Dion, Lost for Faith Hill, Walk Away for Kelly Clarkson... the list goes on. The number of songs she has on albums for Natalie Imbruglia, Hillary Duff, Pink, and just about every single Idol (Bo, Clay, Kelly, Kathrine McPhee, David Archuleta) numbers into the hundreds. She started as a singer-songwriter, but her singing career never really went anywhere, while her songwriting was in high demand. She can (and has) written almost entire albums of songs for new artists (Kelly Osborne, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff) in just a few weeks, which is why she gets paid the big bucks.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3400554;
    Well, I'm assuming this is a serious question. Kara has been one of the main go-to songwriters for american pop for the past eight or nine years. She wrote Rich Girl for Gwen Stefani, Taking Chances and One Heart for Celine Dion, Lost for Faith Hill, Walk Away for Kelly Clarkson... the list goes on. The number of songs she has on albums for Natalie Imbruglia, Hillary Duff, Pink, and just about every single Idol (Bo, Clay, Kelly, Kathrine McPhee, David Archuleta) numbers into the hundreds. She started as a singer-songwriter, but her singing career never really went anywhere, while her songwriting was in high demand. She can (and has) written almost entire albums of songs for new artists (Kelly Osborne, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Hillary Duff) in just a few weeks, which is why she gets paid the big bucks.
    Seriously? Osborne, Simpson, Lohan and Duff? Not sure I'd want to advertise that ANY of those "singers" were using my songs!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3402163;
    Seriously? Osborne, Simpson, Lohan and Duff? Not sure I'd want to advertise that ANY of those "singers" were using my songs!
    Maybe not, but Gwen Stefani, Celine Dion, Faith Hill, and Kelly Clarkson are another story. Thanks, TopCatDC, for the mini-bio.

Thanks, TopCat, for the Kara bio. Since I listen mostly to Indie groups and contemporary folk, I am not really familiar with any of her songs. I assume she is intelligent, then. Too bad the intelligence is not showing up in her "judging."
    --

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3402309;
    Thanks, TopCat, for the Kara bio. Since I listen mostly to Indie groups and contemporary folk, I am not really familiar with any of her songs. I assume she is intelligent, then. Too bad the intelligence is not showing up in her "judging."
    --
    That really was a great bio, TopCat, thanks. But I didn't know who she was either until I read up on her, and I was only driven to do that because she seemed so weak on the show.
    It is interesting that Simon seems to give her a fair amount of respect.
    Overall, I wish they'd go back to the old crew - they're balanced and comfortable in their roles.

+ Reply to Thread