+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

I don't care for her manner and 4 judges are too many. Both Paula and Kara need to shorten their critique. I find myself using the FF button to pass Kara and Paula by. I am really only interested in hearing what Randy and Simon say.

She normally doesn't really have anything to contribute but I actually thought what she had to say to Lil was right last night and I liked that she called her out on screaming the song. However, I still don't care for her and I agree with others that say 4 judges is too many. They had a great formula with Randy Paula and Simon and they shouldn't mess with it.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

And see what happens when there are 4 of them....they run out of time to offer an opinion on the last performance. Sheesh. It was good for Kara to be the one to tell Lil she was screaming, because she's been lavishing all sorts of praise on her in the past. But having her in the mix still doesn't do it for me.

I just loved when someone from the audience yelled "BROKEN RECORD!" to Kara when she was giving her critique to Megan. That is just so true! That's what she is: A broken record!

I also loved it when the audience member called out "Broken Record." I think the two women are too many and their comments just run into one another. I am also getting majorly annoyed at how rude the judges are to the performers during their performances. Even thought they see the dress rehearsal it doesn't matter, their consistent inattentiveness is rude in the worst sort of ways. They are getting paid enough that they should be able to control their "important comments to one another" until commercial breaks. I am cranky today.

Before, Kara was just annoyingly inarticulate. Now, she's rude, too. I have to fast-forward past her critiques, they're just too irritating to sit through.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;3400147;
    I also loved it when the audience member called out "Broken Record."
    That was no audience member. According to the US Magazine reporter that was in the audience last night:

While judge Kara DioGuardi critiqued contestant Megan Joy's performance of "Turn Your Lights Down Low," her brother yelled out, "Broken record!" It startled the judge.

During the break, DioGuardi approached him and the rest of her family. At first, she thought he was yelling "broken record" at his sister. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase." Upset, she stormed off with her bodyguards.

That brother is funny and very smart. He should replace Kara as a judge!
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

[QUOTE
    While judge Kara DioGuardi critiqued contestant Megan Joy's performance of "Turn Your Lights Down Low," her brother yelled out, "Broken record!" It startled the judge.

During the break, DioGuardi approached him and the rest of her family. At first, she thought he was yelling "broken record" at his sister. When Joy's brother told her the comment was aimed at her, DioGuardi was taken aback. "I am? Why?" she asked. He then said "packaged artist" could be her "packaged phrase." Upset, she stormed off with her bodyguards.
    [/QUOTE]

:nono Not a good idea to antogonize the judges!!!! Don't think it will matter this time though, Megan was clearly the worst last night and should be the one to go. If not I will be surprised......

MrCoz who doesn't really watch AI with me very much, just enough to hear the performances I think he will like, or listens while in another room, was very critical of Kara last night. He said she doesn't add anything to it at all and thinks they should just do away with her. I told him that seemed to be the general consensus.

+ Reply to Thread