+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3382433;
    I'm all for anything that keeps Paula sober. I think Kara's presence has done a nice job of that so far (with the exception of last Tuesday; Paula looked under the influence).

Kara could never replace Paula, but I agree that Paula is better with her there.
    I never said that Paula was sober, only that she isn't annoying me nearly as much, since some of the annoyance has transferred to Kara now. Paula still appears to be stoned at least half the time.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I kept quiet for a couple of weeks, giving Kara a chance to break in....but she's still annoying to me. I think she's trying to be the producer/marketing guru of the group by constantly talking about "you're the whole package" and other comments about how marketable/cute the person is. I know the music business can be fickle and superficial, but she doesn't have to scream that at us, does she?

I think having a 4th judge takes away from contestant time. I would hate to see Kara take over for Paula. I think that would be the ultimate bore. Paula tries to soften the blow, plus, there's that crazy factor that adds some color!

By the way, did Paua get a face lift? And I think Simon is much less grumpy this season.

Please keep the discussion in this thread to Kara and her quirkiness. If you want to talk about Paula and her problems take that to the Paula thread.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So . . . . let me get this straight . . . . .

a "bad song choice" is NOT really a bad song choice if the singer stands her ground?

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth Kara.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Shes talking out of somthing.. and I dont think other side of her mouth covers it.

Im so over her.. it was a bad choice for a 4th Judge.. and shes made that worse. If they had to d a 4th Judge.. I'd rather we have Johnny or Sheila E on now THEY were good at what they did.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Kara gave terrible advice last night. Telling Danny that he should sing all of each song in that big-voice manner was idiotic. Like Paula and Simon said, you need to build up to the big voice in each song, otherwise it will get boring and tedious. Even Randy didn't say to eliminate the soft parts, he just advised Danny to beef them up a little.

Kara ripped up Alexis's performance, which in my opinion, was almost perfect in its nuances. Kara told her she should have "dirtied up" (made more edgy?) the performance, which is ridiculous. Now I'm afraid Alexis will load every song with edge ("dirtiness") when she sings in the future, whether it deserves it or not.

Kara also advised Lil to make everything R&B again in the future. Bad advice, cuz Lil has a difficult time singing R&B without making it sound cliche. For the first time last night, Lil nicely stretched her vocal wings stylistically, and the judges, led by Kara, clipped them back.

Last night wasn't the first time Kara has urged singers to go back to some pigeonhole she's slotted them. She's unable to articulate why she didn't like a performance, so she just tells the person that they should be the R&B singer, the power singer, the sensitive singer, etc. etc. that they were before.

And Kara's Kermit the Frog gestures are still in full swing, which I also find annoying.
    ==
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Kara is a useless waste of space. The only value she seems to bring is keeping Paula sober. However, I decided last night that I'd rather have a looped-up Paula than a vacuous Kara.

Plus, I think she takes away from Randy and I honestly think Randy is the best judge of the 3 for my tastes.

Annoying. Bad advice. :nono I wonder if the producers at AI read these boards?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3389051;
    Annoying. Bad advice. :nono I wonder if the producers at AI read these boards?
    I hope so. Aren't this and TWOP the two most widely used reality tv boards? I think AI boards on the AI site aren't even trafficked as much as they are here.

I tried giving Kara the benefit of the doubt but it has turned out that the cons outweigh the pros. I just want the 3 original judges. I don't mind a weekly guest judge but not a permanent 4th judge.

And especially not Kara.

Kara is such a waste of space.

+ Reply to Thread