+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by pammiechick;3294425;
    I'm surprised more people aren't commenting about her. I feel she takes too much time away from Randy. He hardly says anything anymore. And some of her comments are just plain rude. Simon has an eloquence about his banter--many times she comes off mean spirited and totally lacks wit and charm.

I don't think she's the answer to the Paula problem.
    I don't see that at all from her. I guess the fact that I'm not a Randy fan and I think that too many people think whatever Simon says is gospel and hold him way too high up on a pedestal, she's a breath of fresh air to me.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I'm not a fan of hers at all. I think, at this point, she is perhaps just trying to establish her role and her voice. Right now, however, she seems to be turning the show into the View - she seems to think that the one who speaks louder than / interrupts the others - should be heard.

I haven't totally warmed up to her but I think she is adding a little something to the show, for one thing she seems to bring out some coherent comments in Paula.

Well except when she gets Paula going (that ridiculous under the table and fake kiss thing?) and then I want to smack her. I think Kara is taking air time from all of them, I've noticed a couple of times already that Paula has been the one left with no air time while it's been mostly Kara and Simon doing all the talking. I think it depends on which judge you focus more in on and who you notice is losing air time to her, somebody has to....

FORT Fogey

For some reason I can't explain, I think that Kara brings out more constructive feedback from Simon ... maybe he's trying to impress the pretty girl in the room. But it seems like Simon is MUCH more focused this year in not simply telling someone "you're wrong for this" but instead saying "as you are, you're wrong, but if you'll adjust this, this and that, it may just work".

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3294619;
    I haven't totally warmed up to her but I think she is adding a little something to the show, for one thing she seems to bring out some coherent comments in Paula.

Well except when she gets Paula going (that ridiculous under the table and fake kiss thing?) and then I want to smack her. I think Kara is taking air time from all of them, I've noticed a couple of times already that Paula has been the one left with no air time while it's been mostly Kara and Simon doing all the talking. I think it depends on which judge you focus more in on and who you notice is losing air time to her, somebody has to....
    You do have a point there. I think it's because I care more about what she says anyway than Simon or Randy that it hasn't bothered me.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3294655;
    You do have a point there. I think it's because I care more about what she says anyway than Simon or Randy that it hasn't bothered me.
    Or it could be that she's pretty and you like looking at her more than Simon or Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3298755;
    Or it could be that she's pretty and you like looking at her more than Simon or Randy.
    Yeah or that.

I think they should drop her. She brings absolutely nothing to the table and with four judges the comments take too much time. Paula is at least entertaining in all of her ridiculousness, Kara is just a waste of time IMHO.

I find Kara tedious and boring. The truth is, the judges aren't just there to pass judgment on the contestants. It's no accident that both Randy and Paula have referred to themselves as "cast" members of the show. The judges are meant to play certain roles: Randy the kind, down-home teddy bear, Paula the glamorous idiot-savant (seriously, sometimes she says some pretty intelligent stuff about contestants' techniques) and Simon the tell-it-like-it-is curmudgeon.

Kara has not adopted any kind of interesting "character" and often says pointless, dopey stuff (which is done in a much more charming way by Paula).
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I'm not overly fond of her, either. But, it could be that she's still new and trying to find her voice. My biggest concern is the time element and the ego factor. I agree that these comments can take way too much time awayt from the contestants.If the comments were very constructive then I'd say they were fine. However, most of the time they're not and Kara just seems to be in an ego battle with Simon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread