+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3279142;
    For me, Kara is still trying to find a place, I found her in the past few episodes to either try to hard to be the next Paula, and sometimes i see her trying to be the female Simon. All in all, I'm just not impressed. Maybe during the actual competition round, she might prove me wrong, but at this point, her first impressions aren't great.
    I agree with KinmokuPrincess on that. It'll take her a while to find her groove, but in the meantime it feels like she's trying to prove herself to the contestants. It was uncomfortable with BikiniGirl, because Kara was going to sing that bit again. And she made comments to other contestants that reminded me of something the popular girl at school would say to a potential newcomer that she didn't want being in the group ....not something a judge would say to a contestant. Does that make sense? It seems to me that Kara is taking this competition on a personal level (the "b****h" comment to BikiniGirl). Maybe she'll grow up and grow out of it.

I've also noticed that Paula has stepped it up with her comments. She's still the nurturing one, but not so way out there. I think they needed to refresh their schtick, but adding Kara wouldn't have been my choice.

She's way too melodramatic. Really grating on my nerves now & she says the word "chops" too much!

This new judge is over the top, she seems fun but does she really have anthing to say or add to these 3 judges, imo NO. Kara is constantly arguing with Simon, annoying.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3286370;
    This new judge is over the top, she seems fun but does she really have anthing to say or add to these 3 judges, imo NO. Kara is constantly arguing with Simon, annoying.
    I agree. It's like she and Paula have both been told that arguing with Simon makes for good TV. Too often, it makes them look like dolts, and in turn shoots down their credibility as judges.

The best example last night was the good looking guy they all put through, who Simon was talking to about his song choice. It was obvious to me from the moment Simon started talking that she was going to vote to put him through. He was simply saying "I like you, I want you to do well, so this is what you should think about before getting to Hollywood in order to succeed PAST Hollywood week". But because he actually tried to help the guy instead of just gushing and saying "yes, yes yes" they tripped out and not only sounded stupid, but also robbed the guy of a chance to get good advice.

Veruka,

Imo, Paula looks, sounds better that Kara as a judge. Kara isn't even giving Simon a chance to finish his sentences.

Probably a main factor in Simon remaining single, lol.

Personally I like her and the different vibe she brings to the auditions. She doesn't annoy me at all.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

I currently find her annoying, more annoying than Paula even, but I suppose if they added her in to be Paula's eventual replacement (?) she wouldn't annoy me as much by herself. I think my beef is that Kara + Paula = too little objectivity. They basically say the same things and serve as the same foil to Simon. Once they're judging actual performances instead of auditions she may grow on me, but I remain skeptical.

FORT Fogey

I am a Paula fan. So far, she has appeared to be sober, and I can't help but wonder if it's because having another female in the mix takes some of the pressure off her.

I think Paula is a far better judge than Kara, but if she keeps Paula sober, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3286416;

The best example last night was the good looking guy they all put through, who Simon was talking to about his song choice. It was obvious to me from the moment Simon started talking that she was going to vote to put him through. He was simply saying "I like you, I want you to do well, so this is what you should think about before getting to Hollywood in order to succeed PAST Hollywood week". But because he actually tried to help the guy instead of just gushing and saying "yes, yes yes" they tripped out and not only sounded stupid, but also robbed the guy of a chance to get good advice.
    I agree with Veruka on that. Simon was trying to give good advice to that guy, but Kara tried to cut him off. I'm not on the Kara bandwagon, and think that Paula sounds better now that Kara is in the mix. Maybe she'll find her way down the road, but right now she's annoying.

FORT Newbie

I'm surprised more people aren't commenting about her. I feel she takes too much time away from Randy. He hardly says anything anymore. And some of her comments are just plain rude. Simon has an eloquence about his banter--many times she comes off mean spirited and totally lacks wit and charm.

I don't think she's the answer to the Paula problem.

+ Reply to Thread