+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3852847;
    Thanks for that link-- I remarked in Big Mike's thread that I thought maybe she was hormonal. [This is coming from a woman who's had kids so I'm not being snarky!] Her reaction makes sense now, though I still much prefer Kate Bush's version better than Mike's but that's JMO.
    Okay, so maybe Kara was hormonal...or emotional over her own lack of a baby, or whatever. But, she DID see this in rehearsal, right? So, did she cry then too, or did she just suddenly realize what the song was about during live taping, or what? Just seems like those tears may be suspect as not totally authentic.

And Big Mike, really? They haven't made recent mention of the newness of your fatherhood and your baby, so you needed to remind us not so subtly?

Don't know why this bugs me, because I do like Big Mike, but it all somehow rubbed me the wrong way.

And Kate Bush's is better by far.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3852855;
    Okay, so maybe Kara was hormonal...or emotional over her own lack of a baby, or whatever. But, she DID see this in rehearsal, right? So, did she cry then too, or did she just suddenly realize what the song was about during live taping, or what? Just seems like those tears may be suspect as not totally authentic.

And Big Mike, really? They haven't made recent mention of the newness of your fatherhood and your baby, so you needed to remind us not so subtly?
    I am sensing an underlying assumption here that everything that happens on TV (well, on Idol) is happening for the purpose of manipulating you.

Kara cries, not for a normal human reason, but because she is trying to make you feel or think something. People mention babies specifically to remind you that Mike has a newborn at home.

If this was the taped audition or Hollywood rounds, I might be more receptive to this line of thinking (where everything can be calculated and controlled through editing). But this is live TV, and sometimes stuff just happens. It seems like the conspiracy angle, and all the planning and skill needed to execute it well for a live audience, is just a lot harder to believe. That's just how it all hits me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3852877;
    I am sensing an underlying assumption here that everything that happens on TV (well, on Idol) is happening for the purpose of manipulating you.

Kara cries, not for a normal human reason, but because she is trying to make you feel or think something. People mention babies specifically to remind you that Mike has a newborn at home.

If this was the taped audition or Hollywood rounds, I might be more receptive to this line of thinking (where everything can be calculated and controlled through editing). But this is live TV, and sometimes stuff just happens. It seems like the conspiracy angle, and all the planning and skill needed to execute it well for a live audience, is just a lot harder to believe. That's just how it all hits me.

Yes, you're right. I've definitely become cynical and all too conspiracy theory these days.

I don't necessarily think Kara was crying to try to make us feel or think anything - I just think she's lost her mind. Her behavior has changed dramatically from last season and and is getting on my last nerve (and I LIKE Kara). And given Mike's circumstances, out of all the songs in the universe to choose, it's hard for me to imagine that his song choice was concidence. But that's just me and my warped brain thinking outloud.

sdl

Kara is a different person this season, so much more likable. I think having Paula gone has allowed her to be more comfortable. She looks cuter too.
    But isn't it interesting how she clings to Simon the way Paula did - that guy is the Alpha male. I guess when he's gone, Ellen can vie for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3854108;
    Kara is a different person this season, so much more likable. I think having Paula gone has allowed her to be more comfortable. She looks cuter too.
    But isn't it interesting how she clings to Simon the way Paula did - that guy is the Alpha male. I guess when he's gone, Ellen can vie for that role.
    OK, SDL. I'll bit. Assuming that's not a homophobic put-down of Ellen, why would she want that role?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kara's thread was way back on page 3.

This is for her stupid sheep comment last night. I tried to fit her whole head on there, but it was too big.

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3894855;
    Kara's thread was way back on page 3.

This is for her stupid sheep comment last night. I tried to fit her whole head on there, but it was too big.

Love it!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

We have confirmation of something we all knew.

Kara DioGuardi Officially Out At 'American Idol' - News - Yahoo! TV

Kara DioGuardi Officially Out At 'American Idol'
    Fri Sep 3, 5:28 PM PDT

Kara DioGuardi will not be back for "American Idol's" tenth season, FOX confirmed Friday.

After a two-season run behind the judges' table, followed by months of rumors, Kara announced her departure from the show on Friday night, just after 5 PM.

"I felt like I won the lottery when I joined 'American Idol' two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave 'Idol,'" Kara said in a statement to Access Hollywood. "I am very proud to have been associated with 'American Idol' - it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!"

Just last month, a source close to Kara told Access that the artist and record company executive tried to quit "Idol" two months ago, but as of August 24, she hadn't received any word from FOX or Fremantle regarding her future on the show.

In July, however, Kara seemed excited about "Idol's" Season 10, the show's first without Simon Cowell.

"I'm not getting butterflies as much as I was, but I'm sure there are thousands of kids who are getting them and I'm ready to find new talent and great talent," she told Access Hollywood at the time. "I love to do that. I do that all year long whether it's in my job at Warner Bros. or 'American Idol.' It's exciting. It's exciting to hear somebody that's really talented that's never gotten that shot."

Just weeks later, several reports surfaced that Kara had been let go from the show, which began a flurry of rumors regarding a number of celebrity names being bandied about for the judging panel. Steve Tyler of Aerosmith has since joined the fold, and, according to reports, Jennifer Lopez is still in the running to sit at the judges' table. No official statement about new judges has yet been made by FOX.

As for Kara's departure, "Idol" creator and executive producer Simon Fuller has said that he'll miss her.

"Kara is one of the world's best songwriters," Simon said in a statement to Access. "She has been passionate and committed to IDOL over the last two seasons. I will miss having her on the show, but I look forward to working with her in music for many years to come."

Comedienne Ellen DeGeneres announced her departure from the "Idol" judges' table in late July.

My husband and I were cracking up at her quote: "I feel now is the best time to leave Idol"

Since rumors are that she was let go - I definitely think that makes it the best time to leave!!

I wonder if they can find new judges to save the show...if they hire Steven Tyler - I think I am out!!

FORT Fogey

This indecision on the judges is making the new team at AI look weak and indecisive. Ellen's break was clean and to-the-point, but this Kara ending has been neither. I don't think not knowing who the judges will be is building excitment, just the opposite.There have been no names mentioned that would make a large part of the fan base think "perfect chopice".....again just the opposite is happening.

+ Reply to Thread