+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Terrible judge. Doesn't know what she's talking about.

Sometimes she makes sense, but not often and I don't want to sit through the bad parts. And playing patty-cake with Simon is IRRITATING! So childish. Doesn't she realize how ridiculous her school girl behavior with him is?

So she is obviously using this show to promote herself.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

For the most part - she just says what the other judges say - she has no original thought - My husband I have become so irritated by her, we fast forward on the dvr past her comments because they are a waste of our time. Boring!!

FORT Fogey

I mentioned this over in Michael's thread - and I'll ask it here. When is Kara going to acknowledge that Ellen is sitting to her right? Is Ellen invisible? Does Kara have problem with peripheral vision (only to the right)? Is she afraid the gay will wear off on her? Is she just rude? Does Ellen have B.O.? This is getting weird.

About Kara sitting so close to Simon, - Aren't there two monitors in the table? One between Simon and Kara and one between Randy and Ellen? It looks like Randy and Ellen sit at it like normal people, each looking at half the screen, but Simon has positioned himself directly in front of the screen encroaching on Kara's space. She has to squeeze up to him if she is going to see anything on it at all. I think that also explains the greater difference between Ellen and Kara, both are leaning towards their respective screens. Why don't they put four screens in the table?

FORT Fogey

Watching Ellen, and she just said all of the judges' chairs are equally spaced, but Kara seems to be "way over there" by Simon. Said she will ask Kara directly tonight what that's all about! Hah! Can't wait for that!

Is the Kara physical and personality makeover done of her choosing or on the part of AI to make her more Paula-esque? Bad idea! I was so glad to be rid of Paula and her infantile behavior, and now Kara is all spray-tanned and poofy-haired and gross-flirty with Simon. What the heck?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I didn't like Kara's "Paula impersonation" last night. What was up with her crying after Big Mike's song?? I mean, seriously???
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3852815;
    I didn't like Kara's "Paula impersonation" last night. What was up with her crying after Big Mike's song?? I mean, seriously???
    Here's your reason from a reporter that was there last night. This was discussed in the 3/10 show thread also.

'American Idol': Kara keeps crying, and Ellen keeps to herself on the scene at Top 8 boys night | EW.com

Ryan gave out Big Mike’s numbers, the recap package started playing, and Kara, still kinda weepy, gave Simon a big bear hug. Even well after the 19 Entertainment logo chirped the night’s episode to a close, Kara was backstage raving to anyone who would listen about Mike’s performance. My snark demon Smirkelstiltskin started to smell blood in the water after Kara borrowed some kleenex from what seemed like a random woman — that is until Kara mentioned that, at 39, she’s been trying hard to have a baby of her own. Then it all made every kind of sense, and the bracing truth of genuine feeling caused Smirkel to shrink to the size of a janky pecan.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3852823;
    Here's your reason from a reporter that was there last night. This was discussed in the 3/10 show thread also.

'American Idol': Kara keeps crying, and Ellen keeps to herself on the scene at Top 8 boys night | EW.com
    Thanks for that link-- I remarked in Big Mike's thread that I thought maybe she was hormonal. [This is coming from a woman who's had kids so I'm not being snarky!] Her reaction makes sense now, though I still much prefer Kate Bush's version better than Mike's but that's JMO.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread