+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 225

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3277598;
    Where did you find a list of the songs? I kind of thought that must be the case, because everything I've seen about her has named the people she's worked with, but not the songs. With someone like Dianne Warren, they don't say "Aerosmith", they say "Don't Want to Miss a Thing", etc. One difference that I perceive is that Kara APPEARS to be more of a collaborator, working with the artists to work a song in a way that makes it more personal, which I like. It also looks like she's got a lot more involvement in the music industry than just being a songwriter, but AI is pushing that piece of her career so that she does not step on the toes of Simon and Randy's turf as the A&R guy and the producer guy. I like her contribution on the show so far, but I question how much of a huge name she really is in the music industry ... and REALLY want to know how the little songwriter girl truly knew enough about her to actually be a fan. I smell a set up there.
    That girl was pretty young - I'm thinking 16? If she is into the music of Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, the Pussycat Dolls and the like, she might be very familiar with Kara's work. I personally don't know how good a writer she is because the majority of the artists she has worked with I wouldn't waste my time on. But a young kid probably would, and if she's an aspiring songwriter, she might very well consider the person who is writing so many of the songs she listens to a "hero". JMO.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3278764;
    I do not like her, she does not bring anything new/interesting to the table at all. I have to wonder what AI was thinking into hiring her...they were doing amazing with three judges,and it shouldve stayed that way, why fix something that's not broke? She kinda ruins the season for me, I think Kara is DEFINITELY qualified, but she isn't interesting at all or have anything interesting to say. Lets go back to nice judge, medium judge, and harsh judge. Kara not needed.
    As far as not fixing something that is not broken, for me it was. Their schtick was wearing very thin. I don't think their tired banter could have survived another season.

    I am hoping for intelligent comments that are more than, I don't know dawg a little pitchy for me man, you look beautiful tonight or Karaoke.

    Having four judges will limit the length of their commentary and Paula needs a time limit.

    I have a wait and see attitude.

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    A few times last night, I found myself thinking that she was Paula 2.0 (the comment about one of the contestants being pretty and a couple other moments.)
    I didn't really think she added much to the show, either.

    And then I took a look at some of her song writing credits. She was responsible for that Ashlee Simpson atrocity "La La"? Color me unimpressed.

  4. #14
    Former Princess Jinafire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3278871;
    As far as not fixing something that is not broken, for me it was. Their schtick was wearing very thin. I don't think their tired banter could have survived another season.

    I am hoping for intelligent comments that are more than, I don't know dawg a little pitchy for me man, you look beautiful tonight or Karaoke.

    Having four judges will limit the length of their commentary and Paula needs a time limit.

    I have a wait and see attitude.
    While I do agree that its very much "their schtick", the fact of the matter is, its still the number one show in America, and has been for quite some time, while yes there is declining ratings, its still number 1 even after so many seasons, I think thats safe to say that the show has its formula down tight.

    For me, Kara is still trying to find a place, I found her in the past few episodes to either try to hard to be the next Paula, and sometimes i see her trying to be the female Simon. All in all, I'm just not impressed. Maybe during the actual competition round, she might prove me wrong, but at this point, her first impressions aren't great.

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3279142;
    While I do agree that its very much "their schtick", the fact of the matter is, its still the number one show in America, and has been for quite some time, while yes there is declining ratings, its still number 1 even after so many seasons, I think thats safe to say that the show has its formula down tight.

    For me, Kara is still trying to find a place, I found her in the past few episodes to either try to hard to be the next Paula, and sometimes i see her trying to be the female Simon. All in all, I'm just not impressed. Maybe during the actual competition round, she might prove me wrong, but at this point, her first impressions aren't great.
    I agree. I'm not impressed thus far, but I'm still reserving final judgement. Right now, I think that she's kind of in the same boat as guest judges they've used in past seasons - as you said, she's finding her place. once she's more comfortable, if she's still that way, I'll be saying thumbs down. But I think there's a good chance that in her comfort zone, she's going to know when to talk and when not to, and get better.

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Like someone else said; it will be best to reserve judgement until we see how she is on the live shows. So far we've only seen her on 2 episodes of edited shows. Personally right now I'm leaning towards liking her.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  7. #17
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    794

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    From Wikipedia ""Spinning Around" is a dance–pop song written by Ira Shickman, Osborne Bingham, Kara DioGuardi and Paula Abdul."

    So her and Paula have know each other for years.

  8. #18
    FORT Fan diva211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    My Little Corner of the World
    Posts
    250

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3277542;

    Kara co-owns Arthouse Entertainment, where she develops and mentors fellow hit writers, producers and artists.
    Kara DioGuardi's Bio - American Idol
    This makes me wonder if the decision to add her is a larger scale and bring her company into the mix along with 19 Entertainment to get a piece of the AI pie.

  9. #19
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    794

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3280210;
    This makes me wonder if the decision to add her is a larger scale and bring her company into the mix along with 19 Entertainment to get a piece of the AI pie.
    ITA. I think she said, "If you want me to develop the talent, I need to work with them from the beginning."

  10. #20
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879

    Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

    Also, keep in mind, her arrival gives Simon more power. Since he gets to break the tie, it bumps him up a little.

    I think she will be fine, it will just take some time for them all to get used to it. It will change the dynamic some and they were in a bit of a rut.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.