+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Kara DioGuardi - Judge

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3420009;
    Simon's recent comments about leaving the show are more than likely the result of his contract coming up for negotiations. There is no way AI would have been the hit it has been without Simon.
    I would think he would stay for the right money. Which is flowing out of this show now, so I dont see TPTB canning Simon...
    Take a look at today's NY Times article below and see if you still feel the same way.

Will Simon Cowell Quit While He’s So Far Ahead?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3420137;
    Take a look at today's NY Times article below and see if you still feel the same way.

Will Simon Cowell Quit While He’s So Far Ahead?
    Thank you. I read the article you posted. I feel the exact same way I id before posting it. In fact, I have feeling with so many new business ventures Simon might stay and milk the AI cow dry. Jerry Sienfeld is a nice reference, the difference being, Jerry was never the fame whore that Simon is.

Well, even if Simon is going to leave, there is still one more season with him.
    And yes, it would be fatal for Idol.
    All the hugely successful shows that Simon is on, have one thing in common.
    Simon. Duh.

FORT Fogey

From Michael Slezak's article 'American Idol' recap: Summer Lovin'

Kara: ''You look like the guy from Saturday Night Live meets Clark Kent.'' I wonder if she came up with that zinger while standing in line at Studio 57. That's so Kara

Though she’s only appeared on one season of American Idol, judge Kara DioGuardi says it may be her last.

“I’m only here for one season,” DioGuardi told TV Guide Magazine. “That’s what we’ve discussed. So we’ll see what happens.”

Still, the songwriter has nothing but positive things to say about the show, and is hopeful that they’ll keep her on in the future.

“My life has become extremely exciting and I am so excited for this opportunity,” she says. “I feel grateful to America that they let me grow and they let me find my groove on the show and that they were patient. And hopefully I haven’t disappointed them. It’s been a scary experience at times.”

Fellow judge Simon Cowell told the magazine that he thought that she’d be back, but admitted he wasn’t sure.

“The only say I have is about Ryan, Randy and Paula,” he said. “I’ve always made it clear that I wouldn’t like to do the show without them. So that’s all I’m really concerned about.”

For now, DioGuardi, who has more than 100 hit singles to her name, has more pressing things to think about: whether the song she wrote for the winner to sing will be picked!
    Link

She seems to be a talented songwriter (going by the media articles).
    That alone is a great way to make a living.

Idol just doesn't profit, from her being on the show.
    She doesn't add anything significant, and 4 judges are too many.
    They tried 4 judges on 'Britains Got Talent'.
    Well, that lasted for one whole day.
    They were smart enough to scrap it right away, when they realized it wasn't working.

What is it, that Idol Productions doesn't get?
    American Idol is the biggest show, the biggest franchise, it's the Superbowl of entertainment.
    The show had a winning formula for the last years. You don't touch that!

What makes the show better or worse, are the contestant.
    If they find the right group of contestants, it will be a great season.

Heard Kara on Ryan's radio show other day and she was asked what American Idol she would like to write a song for - and her response was Allison.

Kara made the list of one of People's 100 Most Beautiful People.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

The way she speaks annoys the hell out of me! The way she adds emphasis on words, it's SO DRAmatic ALWAYS! And the way she leans forward when she speaks... These are just little things but I just cannot watch her without being annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3433965;
    The way she speaks annoys the hell out of me! The way she adds emphasis on words, it's SO DRAmatic ALWAYS! And the way she leans forward when she speaks... These are just little things but I just cannot watch her without being annoyed.

That's it. Thanks Nemo, I was trying to figure out why she is so annoying, and I think her DRAMATIC, pause, DRAMATIC, pause, phrasing is torture to listen to. And I give props to whomever gave the "Kermit the Frog" reference for her jerky movements.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread